There are so many different ways to map, that I thought it might be fun to discuss the styles you prefer or techniques you like to use. You can talk about using the editor, tiles, parallaxing, using events to map, etc.

I'll start off first. ^_^

For starters, these are the most common map styles that I've seen:

WSdXJRx.jpgvCCjqau.jpgCg1FnV2.jpg

However, there is this trick where you can make transparent front walls like this:

xBsdYBz.jpg

All you need is the fixed pictures script, and the mapshot script is recommended. ^_^

All hail Lazy Mappers!! ^~^ , I`ll also use the basic ones since I have no idea how to use photoshop (honestly  yes T^T). Been reading and watching tutorials about it too and the glamorous "Parallax mapping" xD

I use number 3, I don't know why. Just seems easiest of the 3, and I'm super lazy.

I use A LOT of events when I map, which is kinda rare these days. But I have so many things that wouldn't all fit in a tileset so I made character sets of them.

Edited by Euphoria

I'm the same with my mapping, Euphoria. If I'm using the editor, I'm using either style 1 or 3 and then using events to map since I love adding animations. I also like using events since the tileset tab is limited, like you said. 

I used to use style 2 a lot, but I haven't used it much recently. 

When I'm parallaxing, I try to do the transparent front walls. ^_^

I use the second one, but I use NeonBlack's terrain tags script to let you walk "behind" the walls. Plus I'm too lazy to make transparent walls, even when parallaxing XD The script works really well though, and I like it. :)

It is, that's why I use it :) Unfortunately, it's hard to place anything back there because you can't see. But I'm probably still too lazy for the transparent walls, haha! I'll be fine the way it is~

Second one here~~~same as Theo and Kotori, i'm a lazy ass... but also that was the way i learned, idk. I could map every one of those three but... naaah... :P

I don't even like to map interiors, alongside cities, interiors are a pain in the ass for me.

3rd one over here, well... a form of It at least.

Anyways, yeah, interiors can be a hassle, and they can take up some time if done right. Luckily for me, I have fun doing them.

RPG maker kind of feels like multiple games. One week I'm into mapping, the next I'm into story and NPCs, and then the week after that I'm into the database making new items/spells/enemies etc. If there's one thing I've learned from all of this... it's don't force things, just let them rotate naturally.