Because Final Fantasy :c

Introdution:
The script allow you to "link" an equipment to a skill or usable item, allowing the actor to "use" the equipment as skill / item.
And no, if you want to change Actor's attack skill, use another script :c

Use:
Don't need the skill to be learned or have the item.
Notetag on Equipment:

<linked_skill: t x>

t is type: s for skill and i for item
x is id: linked skill / item's id

<consumable>

By default, the equipment isn't "consumable". Adding this notetag makes the equipment consumable.

Screenshot: (Use with Symphony & Yanfly's Battle Engine)

N05AyvC.png
b8iXbKg.png
lzABU6w.png

Scripts: Place below Yanfly's Battle Engine

Download

This sounds like a fine way to integrate FF-like Throw commands! Nice one!

Except everyone can 'throw' :/

You would just have to create a skill type for Throw, then create single skills for, say, six different kinds of shuriken, and give your destined thrower the skill type. That way, not everyone can throw =)

You would just have to create a skill type for Throw, then create single skills for, say, six different kinds of shuriken, and give your destined thrower the skill type. That way, not everyone can throw =)

The game normally doesn't check Skill Type for usable. Adding Skill Type only "shows" the skills in the skill list; the actor CAN use the skill if being forced. My script doesn't change that.

However, my script still checks other conditions like MP/TP cost and weapon type requirement.

The game normally doesn't check Skill Type for usable. Adding Skill Type only "shows" the skills in the skill list; the actor CAN use the skill if being forced. My script doesn't change that.

However, my script still checks other conditions like MP/TP cost and weapon type requirement.

I see what you mean, and you're right. But I've grown used to modifying scripts and inserting certain checks by now, so that's not a problem (for me, at least =)

Hehe nice one with the trow skill.

Ive figures out something different: using custom equipment slots and forcing the player to equip the items (like potions, etc) to be able to use them in battle.

I'll see if I can make it work.

But either way, it's a great script, because we really needed the ability to use weapons/armors in batle (like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Phantasy Star and most other RPGs did in the past).

Hehe nice one with the trow skill.

Ive figures out something different: using custom equipment slots and forcing the player to equip the items (like potions, etc) to be able to use them in battle.

I'll see if I can make it work.

But either way, it's a great script, because we really needed the ability to use weapons/armors in batle (like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Phantasy Star and most other RPGs did in the past).

No, my script checks all equipment the party has and has option to check equipped pieces too.

If you want to do that, there is another script, OR you can make a equippable Potion and add "Add Skill X" feature to it.

would this allow me to make a skill that the player only has when they have a certain thing equipped?  like, say the player has a new skill when a shield is equipped, but when they unequipped it the skill goes away.

would this allow me to make a skill that the player only has when they have a certain thing equipped?  like, say the player has a new skill when a shield is equipped, but when they unequipped it the skill goes away.

It can be done without script. There is a feature in Skill / Add Skill that do this.

My script basically transforms an equipment into an usable item.

It can be done without script. There is a feature in Skill / Add Skill that do this.

My script basically transforms an equipment into an usable item.

Is there a way to make it so you can use the equipment you have equipped & have it ignore MP/TP costs? I'm doing a remake of Dragon Quest 4 & I need to be able to use equipment as items without meeting MP/TP requirements.