Sign in to follow this  
Minjo Master

"Siphoning Strike" skill

So if anyone's ever played League of Legends there's a character named Nasus. He's a dog, but that's not important. What is important is that one of his skills gains bonus damage every time it kills something - permanently. But only that skill, and only if he gets the kill with it. I've been poking around various VX Ace sites and I've seen some kill counter scripts that looked good, but I specifically need only kills with a certain skill to be tracked. Everything beyond that is easy enough (I'd just implement the variable into the damage formula) but I'm absolutely stumped on how I would go about tracking these kills. Any generous souls out there that can help me out?

And yes, I'm aware that such a skill in a turn-based RPG is probably beyond broken.

Not just when it's used, nor a bonus parameter in particular. The value itself is probably easiest to just store in a variable. Whenever the character kills an enemy WITH that skill, and only with that skill, does the value go up. So only that skill ends up doing more damage, nothing innately changes about the character. The skill would only be on one character in the game, so I'm not caught up in having separate values for different users or anything like that.

Don't mind me if I sound stupid (as I am terrible with making custom formulas) but here's what I would do:

Ex:
-Make the skill, let's call it steroid.
-The skill does damage, but it will reference a common event.
-In the common event, you can check to see if the target is still alive in a conditional branch (I recommend Tsukuhime's Common Event variables script as you can store the user of a skill and the target as different variables: http://www.himeworks.com/2013/04/25/common-event-variables/ )

$game_temp.common_event_target.alive?

So now you can be like "if the target isn't alive anymore, make variable x go up +1" otherwise nothing happens.