Chapter 3 is now up. ^_^  We introduce a new script for animated our map, however, it is a very simple script and we don't even have to use events to set it up.

• Like 1

Ok. One sentence.

I salute you sir!

Make a Wordpress so that I can put you in my support link.

• Like 1

All your tutorials is a best way to go for it.

And I can say that you will have lots of visitors in it soon.

Okay, I got it all set up and it should be easy to navigate now. ^_^  You will find my tutorials, resources, and news. I also made a feedback and request page to make it easier to ask me requests. If you want to give suggestions on how to make the site better, feel free to let me know. Also, don't worry about posting comments in the wrong section. I have the recent comment category up so I can still find them easily.

I will also start working on the lighting and shadow tutorial but it might be for tomorrow instead since I need to figure out the best and easiest way to explain it. :)

Okay, chapter 4 with lighting and shadows is now up. ^_^  Go ahead and give suggestions and recommendations on what the next chapter will cover. :)

Outstanding. That interior shadow/lighting tutorial is fantastic. My next suggestion would be exterior lightning and shadows, just to follow the flow? Maybe throwing in how to do sun-rays or even to get really extravagant; show how to do moon rays as well and how to change a day parallax to a night one? That would tie in nicely to an exterior lightning tutorial i think?

• Like 1

Okay, sounds good. ^_^

It may take me a little bit if I decide to do all that in one tutorial since it will go over a few things, but I really like the idea of that. And I'm glad that the light and shadow tutorial is helpful. :)

So i am super impressed with all of these tutorials and I want to thank you for them. I had no idea how to parallax map at all lol. And then these tutorials came about. I wanted to show off what you helped me accomplish:

I put them in the spoiler tags because this is not the section for this kind of stuff, but I only gave the links so people can check them out if they want on their own just to see what these tutorials taught me, who had no idea how to parallax lol. So awesome work and keep it up. I look forward to the next bit. 

• Like 2

When's the next one coming.

I want to see the rest.

I feel i'm reading a suspense thriller here. :-P

• Like 1

Hi,

The next one should be coming today or tomorrow. :) I am struggling a bit on what things to go over after the outdoor lighting though. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to request them. ^-^

HalestormXV,

your maps look impressive! Like I mentioned in your thread, I love the beach and your town. It has a very cozy feel and the music you picked fits the town so well. I'm really glad that my tutorials are helping you and others out.

If you need me to go over anything, please let me know and I will be more than happy to put it into this tutorial. ^_^

Edited by GameCreations

What else is there in parallax mapping after this?

I'm not too sure. I could go over how to map certain areas, but everyone has different styles on how they like to do things. I'm a bit sad that this might be the last chapter. :(

I could keep an eye on this thread and see if anyone requests anything down the line, or if anyone needs an in-depth tutorial on something else, which I would be more than happy to do. ^_^

EDIT: Outside lighting is done. I can't think of anything more to go over, but if someone requests something for me to go over, I will continue to make chapters for this guide. :)

Edited by GameCreations
  • Like 1

Well I have a suggestion. How about like a bonus features like "Tricks with Parallaxing" and then talk about how you can make hidden passage ways (like when you paint over a black section of your map with opacity so that you can partially see your character), or how you can create particle effects or even fog for that matter? I mean as it is now the tutorial is ABSOLUTELY amazing. I am just thinking of little tid bits that can really enhance your experience. 

• Like 1

That sounds like a great idea! ^_^  Feel free to keep making suggestions. I would love to continue with the series and help others out with their maps.

Continue with map effects.

I love it but it is a bit over the top.

I mean parallaxing feels a bit problematic.

It can be done for games with less maps.

Is it worth for large games?

I mean won't they take up lotta space??

There are pros and cons of parallax mapping. It does take up quite a bit of time, even with the short cuts I'll show off. However, it does feel worth it once the map is completed. 

I like to map both in the editor and parallax mapping. If you'd like, I can do an in-depth mapping tutorial for the editor as well. ^_^

With mapping in both, I can't tell you which one is better over the other. I love both methods and switch off and on depending on the game. There are ways to make the parallax maps smaller if they are too big as well. The first method is to save the background as a jpg and all the transparent areas will be filled with black. You can also use TinyPNG, which compresses the png maps as well.

im trying to take a map shot of my map but it dont work, instead it opens the Regions tab and i tried changing the buttons but it still dont work

What type of computer do you have? For my new laptop, I have to press the FN button then the F key because it's set up a bit differently for me.

What type of computer do you have? For my new laptop, I have to press the FN button then the F key because it's set up a bit differently for me.

lol i had to do the same, i totally forgot about the Fn button lol. i was able to work with it and my map came out nice.