Sign in to follow this  
ClayedShadow

File Corrupted Error?

Hi, i'm a newbie on this RPG maker stuff, recently I downloaded myself RPG Maker VX ace Lite, because i dont have the cash yet for the big ones. I started making my game everything went fine, until i switched my users and delted the other one.Now when i run my testplay i get an error saying that. "File Corrupted ! Please run a virus-check and reinstall the application".I did that, I even cleaned my whole PC,(Refresh PC, on Windows 8) And nothing i still get the error:( Please some one help me.

Moved to General RM Discussion

That happens when there's a problem with the name of the folder where the game is. I'll quote what I wrote elsewhere on the forum:

Before doing anything, RENAME the folder where the game is! Both VX and VX Ace have an issue with folder names in languages that are not the same as the system default name. For example, this folder name results in a File corrupted error: D:\ç«œã®ä¹™å¥³ã¨é­”å­•ã®å³¶_体験版_1.31_fixed(0728) Changing it to D:\Test_1.31_fixed(0728) fixes the problem and the exact same game runs without further issue.