Since the sprites I am doing for my game Dreams and Nightmares are still in progress I decided to work on a side project for fun ^~^ just wanted to share my concept/story : (Inspired by the story of Gobli in the RPG maker in ps1)

Story:

In a world where RTP sprites, tilesets and even icons builds up the world itself...

Where your typical RPG story about heroes saving the world from dark lords and villains exists...

Where in monsters serve heroes as walking EXP and lootable beings...

Monsters that die but is later respawned to repeat the process of giving items and EXP...

But everything has changed when a certain slime pursues his dream of changing the RPG world...

By meeting the "Creator" and tell him his wish...

Characters:

Poo

Poo is a typical generic RTP Slime who dreams on changing RPG History. It happened one day when his curiosity leads to the question: Why do the creator made us monsters? Is it just for EXP for the heroes? Or giving loot to the heroes when defeated?

So what's your opinion about it? Playing as a Monster and avoiding the Heroes Party in hopes of avoiding being killed xD Any additional ideas?

Edited by Kotori-chan

It's like the episode where daffy duck and the writer.

I love the concept.

Although I think I've seen this same point to point idea somewhere.

Only thing was that 'poo' was not the hero.

But awesome.

I like the idea. If executed well, it could make a nice classic. xD

One thing though... in fantasy worlds, fiends, monsters, demons, or whatever are all part of the food chain. If in that world monsters exist, they are usually just fighting to survive. Preying on the weak and running from the strong. 

That now emphasizes my idea on monster tribes/groups where in some monsters abuse the respawning system thus enabling them to do evil things like killing/eating the weak or humans, other monster groups follow a strict code (where poo belongs) that monsters must follow the rule as exp sources for heroes or the balance will be ruined, the rule is to make the heroes stronger to defeat the final boss. (It's a cycle of generation of heroes because the final boss respawns too xD). And some monsters has a similar goal like Poo. So the real antagonists are the really evil, wicked monsters (They plan on killing the final boss so they could take it's place but instead of fulfilling the normal role as a boss, they plan on killing the heroes permanently) Yep, even the "final boss" will join Poo at the end xD

Well do something like Poo is trying to find the 'maker'.

But and rouge 'eraser' tool is killing of everything and erasing the worlds.

It'll be the hero Poo, The Boss of The Game And the Writer against the Eraser tool as the ultimate battle.

Whoah... that's one heck of a plot twist... will be adding it xD

I am a plot writer.

Well I make story for games but for now I just helped two to three guys besides myself.

Well if you hadn't taken this topic up eventually I would have arrived here and started my own.. :-P

The Character Poo Should be developed through the game.

Like The Movie Shrek you can put a lots of stuff in like characters from legendary games who help you out here and there.

Like Poo meets guys like CJ from GTA, Price from Call Of Duty, Red Bird from Angry Birds, Lara Croft from game of the same name, Master Cheif from Halo, Zombie from Resident Evil, Etc etc.

You kinda meet these guys when you are moving along yellow data road to meet the writer.

And they help you on side quests.

Like you meet up with resistemce from Pigs from Angry Birds as they block your path.

You have to have the help of the Red Bird to continue.

Something like that.

Eventually as Poo walks towards the writer an eraser tool becomes rogue and starts erasing different worlds and it is prophesied Poo can only stop it.

Only problem was no body knew it should be Poo at that time.

Well the team journey to battle the rouge eraser tool when your friends from other games help you out.

After the eraser tool is weakened you have to hit the almighty undo button to reset the world.

And bring back people and worlds erased by the eraser tool and send the eraser tool back into the window toolbar.

about the slime. I am sure you need to search internet about slime quest (or similar to that). Someone made it, but, still, your story is original. The other game (starring slime as hero) only weighted to slime's revenge, not questioning his/her/its fate.