Sign in to follow this  
phraktol

Free Music and I'll take some Requests!

*update, 7/25/14*

I have Two new requests in progress. I may take more after I'm done with these two! Working on a battle theme song for Mr.PowPow, and a music box style song for Meiri :) Will update this thread once they are done!

Hey everyone!

In an effort to get better at producing videogame style music, I've been working on a handful of random projects. I figured I'd give them out for free, if you can find a use for them! On my soundcloud page (https://soundcloud.com/crowboat-1) You'll find a playlist titled "Free To Use Music". Any song in this playlist is free for you to download and use on any NON COMMERCIAL game you're producing. All I ask is that you credit me as the composer, and please link to my website (www.crowboat.com)

I would love to hear your feedback on the music (Comments on soundcloud, or posts here would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind a critique, it helps me grow as an artist to hear peoples thoughts on the music.)

Here are my requirements and rules for the requested songs:

Requirements:

• Please provide at least 2 examples (Preferably more) of the "style" or "mood" you want your song to reflect. (Youtube videos, are preferred) 
  • You must explain what the song is for (i.e. cutscene, town song, ect ect)
  • Do you want the song to be loopable?
  • Please try to explain to the best of your abilities the mood and/or feeling you want your song to convey!
  • THE MORE YOU PROVIDE THE BETTER IT WILL BE!

Rules:

• For NON COMMERCIAL use only
  • You must credit me in your game (and link to my website - www.crowboat.com)
  • I still reserve the right to display the song on my soundcloud or other various websites
  • You MUST send me a link to play the game that includes the song once it's done (otherwise I will be sad!)

I can't guarantee that the song I make is going to be exactly what you're hoping for, but I promise to put good effort in, and push myself as an artist to do my very best.

Thanks everyone! I hope you like the songs, and if you liked it enough to download, why not drop a comment, too!

I'll keep adding various stuff I make to that free song playlist so check back every so often!

Requested songs that I've finished:

1. This is for Kotori-Chan,

2. This is for Lady Minerva,

More to Come!

Edited by phraktol
  • Like 2

Ohh ohh I will request one ^~^

Syle/ Mood = Mysterious, Horror, gives you a feeling of chills due to the unknown horrors in a dark hallway

What is the Song for = BGM for a certain area (Haunted Hallways of an unknown building)

Loopable? = Yes please ^~^

References = Corpse Party? xD

Will surely CREDIT you ^~^ 

Edited by Kotori-chan
  • Like 1

Ohh ohh I will request one ^~^

Syle/ Mood = Mysterious, Horror, gives you a feeling of chills due to the unknown horrors in a dark hallway

What is the Song for = BGM for a certain area (Haunted Hallways of an unknown building)

Loopable? = Yes please ^~^

References = Corpse Party? xD

Will surely CREDIT you ^~^ 

can you provide me with a couple example tracks to listen to? just something to get me inspired :D

Here ♥ ^~^

• Like 1

Hi Hi! Is it all right I request for one?  ^_^

Here are the requires:

Style/Mood - Ambient, Mysterious, Fantasy, a feeling of being in a forest with an unsettling air and cheerful feeling at the same time.

What is the Song for - BGM, In a Magical Forest

Loopable? - Why not!

References: Here's a soundtrack from one of my most favorite anime/game!

Edit: you can do this anytime, I'm really patient! and of course I'll credit you!  :)

Edited by LadyMinerva

Ok, LadyMinerva! I'll start messing with something for you as well! 

So I have my 2 requests and I will be working on them. I may take on a few more afterwards! Thanks for the interest so far, and if you're interested in giving a critique of my songs I have up, I'd love to hear your overall thoughts! feel free to comment on the song itself or here in the thread, I'd appreciate some good constructive criticism. 

So I have my 2 requests and I will be working on them. I may take on a few more afterwards! Thanks for the interest so far, and if you're interested in giving a critique of my songs I have up, I'd love to hear your overall thoughts! feel free to comment on the song itself or here in the thread, I'd appreciate some good constructive criticism. 

Thanks so much! I'll be waiting!  :)

Alrighty, I took a listen to the songs you had available and I have some very nice things to say!

16-Bit something - Reminds me a lot of the music from games like Castlevania because it has that creepy feeling around and it really feels like I'm in a dungeon or a castle with a sense of danger lurking around... I have a way to compare them somehow lol, very nice overall I really like that one!  ^_^

Trail of War - Love the chorus to add that sense of uneasiness in the song, a great ambience to use in games that have some tension before the climax.  :)

Not Quite Sure - Same thing like Trail of War, the ambience and some kind of dark echo (kind of like a wind sound; had headphones on though lol) but much calmer and it gradually decreases the tension in my opinion. Very nice!

• Like 1

Thanks so much! I'll be waiting!  :)

Alrighty, I took a listen to the songs you had available and I have some very nice things to say!

16-Bit something - Reminds me a lot of the music from games like Castlevania because it has that creepy feeling around and it really feels like I'm in a dungeon or a castle with a sense of danger lurking around... I have a way to compare them somehow lol, very nice overall I really like that one!  ^_^

Trail of War - Love the chorus to add that sense of uneasiness in the song, a great ambience to use in games that have some tension before the climax.  :)

Not Quite Sure - Same thing like Trail of War, the ambience and some kind of dark echo (kind of like a wind sound; had headphones on though lol) but much calmer and it gradually decreases the tension in my opinion. Very nice!

Thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it!

Update 1: Finished Kotori-Chan's request. I'll get yours done ASAP LadyMinerva!

Would love to hear you guys' feedback about the new song! Hope you all like it! 

Edited by phraktol
  • Like 2

Finished the song for LadyMinerva! Would love to hear some feedback from you guys on these songs or any of my other ones.. I'll also take 2 more requests!!! Read the original post for my requirements!

Here's the song I made for LadyMinerva:

Edited by phraktol

If you're still taking requests. I'll request one if ya don't mind :)

What we're going for is a standard battle music (for normal mobs, nothing special) but due to the theme of the game, it needs to have a dark, foreboding feel to it like this:

however, since it's battle music, it needs to have a faster tempo while retaining the dark feel to it. Similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwpCgIiUqwc

however it should sound less "epic" than that example. This may sound somewhat confusing so I'll include some context in regards to the story:

Basically in the story a fort is being attacked by monsters,however in this reality monsters have never appeared before this point. It's a relatively realistic reality being invaded by supernatural elements. So when the main characters witness this race of strange creatures destroying their fort, the battle music should reflect that this is a terrifying experience but at the same time they have to fight to stay alive. So dark and grim but at the same time, fast paced to emulate the feel of combat

Edited by Mr.PowPow

If you're still taking requests. I'll request one if ya don't mind :)

What we're going for is a standard battle music (for normal mobs, nothing special) but due to the theme of the game, it needs to have a dark, foreboding feel to it like this:

however, since it's battle music, it needs to have a faster tempo while retaining the dark feel to it. Similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwpCgIiUqwc

however it should sound less "epic" than that example. This may sound somewhat confusing so I'll include some context in regards to the story:

Basically in the story a fort is being attacked by monsters,however in this reality monsters have never appeared before this point. It's a relatively realistic reality being invaded by supernatural elements. So when the main characters witness this race of strange creatures destroying their fort, the battle music should reflect that this is a terrifying experience but at the same time they have to fight to stay alive. So dark and grim but at the same time, fast paced to emulate the feel of combat

Ok cool, I'll give it a shot! This'll be my first time doing 'battle music' so hopefully it turns out good (I've been hesitant to try a battle theme yet, but this will be a good opportunity to try!)

Still taking requests?

How about...a song for a music box? 

A sad, calm theme....reminding us of those happy childhood moments. Get what I mean? 

Edit: Forgot to say, it's for a cutscene! And loopable, if possible.

Edited by Meiri

Still taking requests?

How about...a song for a music box? 

A sad, calm theme....reminding us of those happy childhood moments. Get what I mean? 

Edit: Forgot to say, it's for a cutscene! And loopable, if possible.

Sure! I'll get started once I'm done with Mr.PowPows :)

I'd like to request a tune as well, please.

i'm looking for a world map tune like this game has

and something like this

I'll credit you, of course and all my games are going to be free. 

Thanks. I don't need it ASAP, so take your time

Sorry I havent posted in a while, Mr.PowPow and Meiri, I haven't forgotten about you guys! I will get your songs finished asap!! @Kuronekox, after I'm done with their requests I may open up for more requests! Until then I always appreciate comments and downloads on the free songs I have up on my soundcloud! :)

Can I make a request?-

I'm working on a retro-style modern life RPG and have no bgm what-soever.

Here are the requires:

Style/Mood - 8- Bit, The feeling of playing a video game from the 90's

What is the Song for - BGM, In a Modern City

Loopable? - Why not!

References: Here's an 8- Bit soundtrack from a 1995 GBC game

http://66.90.91.26:777/ost/pokemon-gold-silver/nwzmvyckeo/12-new-bark-town.mp3

http://66.90.91.26:777/ost/pokemon-gold-silver/zqxanouunh/15-cherrygrove-city-mahogany-town.mp3

(To open and play the mp3 sounds right click and select open in new tab) GOOD LUCK! =D

I will credit you for sure.

Edited by *NightWolf687*