Euphoria

Euphoria - Threat System

Threat System V1.4

by Euphoria

untitled-11.png

Introduction:

This script adds a "threat gauge" to each actor in battle, you can note tag skills to generate different amounts of threat. The actor with the highest threat level will be the target of enemy attacks.

Features:

Threat Gauge In Battle

Note Tags For Skills/Items To Add Threat

Enemies Target Highest Threat

Two Options For Chance Of Random Selection Of Target

Option Of Viewing Icons For Threat Rather Than A Gauge

Note Tags For States To Add Threat

Buffs/Debuffs Can Add Threat Based On Buff/Debuff type

Non-Damaging Skills Can Now Add Threat Too

Notice Any Errors?

If you notice any errors or have any suggestions for this script, feel free to comment them here or on my website, thanks!

Special Thanks:

Fomar0153 (Idea and Segment of Code)

TheoAllen (Help Resolving Issues With Code)

bloodyliao (bug reports)

Credits:

Credit me (Euphoria) if you want to use this script. The rest of the terms of use are in the scripts header.

Download Here

Edited by Euphoria

That is a really cool script and concept. Especially since I've always been one of those people that gets pissed at FF games where you go into battle and enemies tend to target one character more than others, but you never know who it will be. So this is sort of neat actually knowing and being able to incorporate that into your battle strategy and prepare for it.

Wohooooo! When i played Skyborn i loved the threat system, i don't really know if there is another game with it but in my opinion was very original even if another game used it, it's nothing you see in every game (like MP ._.) but that game was made in VX. And then you make it for Ace :D

So much of a nice script man, i'll bookmark this.

Salut!

Thanks, both of you :) it's relatively simple right now, but I have plans to add on to it. Like being able to notetag enemies to return to random targeting so that the character with the highest threat isn't ALWAYS the target. Or possibly making it choose based on threat but still have a chance to select lower threat actors.

I think it would be cool if it was hidden, unless an item is equip or a state active. How do the players really know how threatened the enemy is by them? Now a water elemental and there is a fire mage in party...now he generates the threat

Wohooooo! When i played Skyborn i loved the threat system, i don't really know if there is another game with it but in my opinion was very original even if another game used it, it's nothing you see in every game (like MP ._.) but that game was made in VX. And then you make it for Ace :D

Deadly Sins: 2. If you liked Skyborn, you will probably love this.

At topic: Can you use this script with Yanflys Battle System, or won't it show the threat gauges?

I think it would be cool if it was hidden, unless an item is equip or a state active. How do the players really know how threatened the enemy is by them? Now a water elemental and there is a fire mage in party...now he generates the threat

I could add an option to disable it from the battle scene, if you are asking for that.

At topic: Can you use this script with Yanflys Battle System, or won't it show the threat gauges?

I doubt it will show the gauges, but it is something I am willing to "patch" if someone requests it.

I could add an option to disable it from the battle scene, if you are asking for that.

I doubt it will show the gauges, but it is something I am willing to "patch" if someone requests it.

Well, i'm pretty sure everyone would want to use it with Yanfly. I mean, almost everyone uses Yanfly BS. Your script would have more people using it :P

I really encourage you to expand this script, because it's gold man, gold.

Edit: I'll take a look at Deadly Sins :)

Edited by InvariableZ

V1.1) Now compatible with Yanfly Battle Engine. Although the gauges are too small to display threat on Yanfly's HUD, so it was shortened to "TH" while Yanfly's Battle System is installed.

Edited by Euphoria

Perhaps, just thinking out loud, there were two options. One is the gauge, as normal, and another that 'ranks' the threat with an icon...like 1234 or ABCD. Takes less space and gets the point across still. 

Again, just thoughts

Kudos on the script though, I likes it. Keep the threat from the tanks and onto the healers/mages.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to code that. The only problem I see with that is the icon (it would be shorter, but too tall) not being able to fit in the space allowed by Yanfly's HUD, but I guess a letter could work? Will definitely consider it when I come back to this script! 

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, I really appreciate them all!

Edited by Euphoria

V1.2 adds in two new options: random_chance and random_number. Random_chance, if set to true, will allow the enemies to target randomly(the normal way) sometimes. MOST attacks will still be aimed at the highest threat, but some can be random now. Random_number is a number that you can adjust to change the rate of random attacks. The higher you set this number, the lower the chances of a random attack will be.

I am still deciding on option to add as I have had a lot of suggestions for this script. Your suggestions may be implemented in the next update!

Edit:

V1.3 adds ICON_VIEW, which allows the user to specify icons to be shown (rather than the gauge) to represent threat levels.

Edited by Euphoria

Hi~ Is there a wat to get actor's threat value when using skill damage formular? Wanna make a skill to punish the high threat actors~

Wonderful! simply using b.threat would make it!

Edited by bloodyliao

However, skills with Note Tags to add/minus threat do not work all the time. I notice that only when a skill make damage or do some healing does the threat change. In other words, skills providing buffs/debuffs, adding/removing states, calling an event, and so on, does not work with the threat system, unless they deal some damage/heal at the same time.

Is it possible to make all of them work with threat system? Whenever a skill with threat related note tag is used, the actor would at once get a threat change, no matter what kind(damage/heal/buffing/adding state/call an event...) of skill it is?

When you add the 5 threat for a skill, does it take it away at end of turn, via DEFAULT?

Is there a tag to assign a threat value to a skill, so that, as above, Buff A does not equal Buff Z?

However, skills with Note Tags to add/minus threat do not work all the time. I notice that only when a skill make damage or do some healing does the threat change. In other words, skills providing buffs/debuffs, adding/removing states, calling an event, and so on, does not work with the threat system, unless they deal some damage/heal at the same time.

Is it possible to make all of them work with threat system? Whenever a skill with threat related note tag is used, the actor would at once get a threat change, no matter what kind(damage/heal/buffing/adding state/call an event...) of skill it is?

I will look into this, it was much easier to implement the @threat change in "make_damage_value" rather than when executing an attack/skill, but I'll see what I can do!

When you add the 5 threat for a skill, does it take it away at end of turn, via DEFAULT?

Is there a tag to assign a threat value to a skill, so that, as above, Buff A does not equal Buff Z?

The tag is <threat: x> where x is the number of threat to add, it can go in a skill note box OR an item note box. I cant believe I left that out of the instructions... Will update shortly.

And at the end of each turn each threat gauge loses 5 by default, you can change this in the "editable region" of the script to whatever number you'd like, including 0, if you don't want threat to drop. Also the default skill threat is in the editable region and any skill NOT note tagged with <threat: x> will add the amount you set in there.

I will be working on non-damaging skills being able to add threat!

Thanks again for the suggestions/error replies! I really appreciate them all and I'm glad people are finding some use in my script :)

UPDATE: Almost finished with V1.4 which will add a whole set of new options, still trying to tackle a bug that causes the target to always be Actor 1 when all threat levels are equal, when it should pick completely randomly.

Edited by Euphoria

1.4) States can now give/take threat, DEFAULT_STT is the amount used by states that are untagged. Skills/attacks with no  damage now add to threat IF they have valid effects (add a state or buff/remove a state or buff, etc). Buffs and debuffs can also give/take threat now through the variables DEFAULT_BF and DEFAULT_DB, or individually through the buff and debuff settings if IND_BF_RATE and IND_DB_RATE are set to true. RANDOM_CHNC has been changed to allow three  different styles of battle. All threat values can be be negative!

Hi, Euphoria! Glad to see the update, but I got a problem when using add threat effect on states. I note tag a state with <threat: 50>, and set a skill that would add this state. The skill itself has a  <threat: 5>, and when A uses skill for B, threat of A increases by 5, but B, with that state noting <threat: 50> , does not increase his threat...

However, if the tag  <threat: 50> is removed, B would increase his threat by the default value DEFAULT_STT as he gets the state. Seems something wrong with the note tag in states.

In next turn, the threat bar suddenly increase! Seems that the geage dos not update or refresh as the state is added. 

What's more, as soon as the state is added, the threat does not increase by x until the actor defend himself. If the actor continous to defend, his threat continous to increase by x again.

I guess that whenever a state is added, all states of the actor with threat effect will be taken into account again, instead of being calculated just once as they're added.

Edited by bloodyliao

Weird... I wonder if the method I used is the one for reapplying the state if it's still within it's turn/action range...

I'll definitely figure this out today! Sorry for the problems and thanks a ton for letting me know about the bugs!

Edit: Should be fixed now!

Edited by Euphoria

Oh god... was the item tagged? I never tested items since skills and they were both being called the same way. Back to fixing it now!

Edit: Items work fine for me :o just tried it with and without a tag. I can't fix the error you're getting unless I can replicate it.

Are you sure the error is from my script? And if so, what line does it say it's from?

Edited by Euphoria

Euphoria, I love that you care enough about your script to listen and fix errors, that is a good sign of a good scripter. I am not saying that cuz you are giving us a script but shows you stand by your work.

That been said, I need a script...

Kidding, keep up the good work