Jolt Android

DrDhoom's Manipulate State (YSA Battle System: Classical ATB)

Dhoom Manipulate State for YSA Battle System: Classical ATB

Version 1.01

Introduction

Just like in Final Fantasy VII, successfully manipulated enemies are under your full control (wears off when you hit them). They are added to the player's party until they die, run way, the state wears off, or you end the battle somehow (victory or escape).

Features

• Add any/as many skills as you want to the enemy's skillset.
  • Easy to set up via notetags.
  • Many enemies can be manipulated at once
  • Manipulated enemies are added to the party's battle window and you use the same way you would use your player.
  • Added compatibility for YEA-SkillCostManager, Tsukihime's Cursor Memory, VE Toggle Target, VE Materia System, - DoubleX (YSA Battle System: Classical ATB Bug Fix)

Screenshots (the script in action in my game)

Adding the manipulate status effect to an enemy via player skill

post-18264-0-35594000-1412365102.jpg

After having the manipulate status applied, the enemy is now part of your party for this battle (or for however long the state lasts)

post-18264-0-34575200-1412365104.jpg

Select the skill you want your enemy to perform the same way you would choose a player character's action.

post-18264-0-49835300-1412365105.jpg

With VE Toggle script, you can set up skills to target whomever you want. 

post-18264-0-51681600-1412365106.jpg

How to Use

To install the script, open up your script editor and copy/paste the script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. 

Place below DoubleX RMVXA Bug Fix to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB if installed. Remember to save.

Add <control skill: x, x, x, x...> in the enemy's comment section, where x is the skill's number you want the enemy to have access to when manipulated. For example: <control skill: 3, 9, 12, 43, 66, 90>

Make a status effect, put <manipulate> in the comment section. Add whatever restrictions you want to the status effect. Make a skill that adds the status effect. Presto.

Script
Get the script here.

Updates
Released 1.01. Change control skill notetag to array, and bug fixes

Credit
Credit DrDhoom as he's the one who made the script, and me for commissioning it.
I will let you use this in commercial projects, just let me know about your game so I can play it :)

post-18264-0-35594000-1412365102_thumb.jpg

post-18264-0-34575200-1412365104_thumb.jpg

post-18264-0-49835300-1412365105_thumb.jpg

post-18264-0-51681600-1412365106_thumb.jpg

Edited by joeyjoejoe

This is awesome, but I think a better way to execute this would be to replace the actor who applied the state's commands with that of the enemy, and revert it when the state wears off. This is how it was done in FF games.

i.e. Relm uses Control on an enemy, Relm's commands are replaced with that of the enemy she's controlling until she is no longer in control of it.

Forcing a 5th party member past the default four may not be what people want to do.

You could use a note tag setting for each command, using the ID of the skill and a string for what will appear as the command text, like so...

<control skill: 1, "Attack">
<control skill: 63, "Firaga">
<control skill: 90, "Trine">
<control skill: 120, "Haymaker">
<control skill: 127, "Special">
Just my suggestions!

Yeah, I like the original (Final Fantasy) way of doing it too... it was kind of more of what I had in mind initially, but the way Dhoom scripted it for me has really grown on me though. Although it can be a bit cumbersome to have extra monsters join your party as characters. 

But since I already have up to 5 characters at a time (I use 640*480 resolution) at this point an additional 6th character isn't really a huge stretch to me.

Edited by joeyjoejoe

Sorry i didn't know that, the only FF game that i played was Tactics XD

You could use a note tag setting for each command, using the ID of the skill and a string for what will appear as the command text, like so...
<control skill: 1, "Attack">
<control skill: 63, "Firaga">
<control skill: 90, "Trine">
<control skill: 120, "Haymaker">
<control skill: 127, "Special">
Just my suggestions!

That's a great idea actually, I'll think about it