Coolie

"Did You Know" Marquee on Scene_Title

Just an idea I had, utilized by some games with loading screens. In those games, when there is a loading time, sometimes the screen would show a line of text like "Did you know you can escape battles by holding down the L and R buttons?" I'd like to request a script that displays a marquee (a line of text that scrolls from one side of the screen to the other, until it clears the screen borders, then repeats). Users should be able to have multiple different marquee lines, with one of them being randomly chosen when Scene_Title is loaded.

Requested Features

• User-defined scroll direction (from the left to the right or from the right to the left)
  • User-defined scroll speed
  • "Dim" message background for the marquee or a custom image
  • User-defined marquee screen Y position
  • Escape codes support for marquee text (showing colors, icons, bold, actor names, etc.)

I'm thinking this wouldn't be too hard to accomplish for one of the faster scriptwriters here (SoulPour, Theo?). A million thanks in advance for anyone who wants to give this a shot.

Very VERY much appreciated, my friend. The only things I can suggest is that when the scene loads, the text not be visible (sometimes it loads in the middle of the line of text). It should start scrolling from the beginning of the text to the end (at least if it's set to go from right to left). Second thing, and this is my fault for forgetting to request it, user-defined font size. Other than that, pure PERFECTION. Thank you so much.

I've somewhat fixed that part of it myself, but if a line of text is especially long, it still loads in the middle or farther to the left (I'm workin' on it, when I get it right, I'll post the methods). Thank you again!