ahhh seeing these makes me want to be more active on these forums and have a better profile pic and then maybe just maybe you could create an amysaurus styled version of me... its just so cool how you do this. I could even imagine an animated series on all these users with their different awesome personalities :D

Your artwork is adorable Amy ^u^ I love how clean and colorful everything is! (AND IT'S SO HD IMMA DIEEEEE) Also I'm amazed at how fast you work :3 teach me your speedy skills! haha <333

@Jonath4nC: Awwww, thanks! If you decide you'd like a portrait, feel free to send me a reference and I'll hop to it!

@Tsarmina: Thanks a bunch! Hmmm... I'm no Sonic, but the speed just comes from practice :D 

Here's a portrait I drew for a friend's birthday today:

bH5gtsp.png

That Model looks great! You should definitely post some more, I'd love to see it!

A hardsurface model's best friend: EcMGOR5.png =D

Ohh, also have you thought about doing an NCloth on that rope for the sling? I think that'd look awesome, just don't forget to PtS it, and do your constraint or it'll go all wobbly and fall. xp

You could also do some braided rope, by using a couple poly cylinders, some curves, doing some groupings in your outliner and applying a twist deformation. Then going and tweaking your offsets in your Attri Editor! So that they wound around each other, the cylinders, making a braid! (You could also individually do it with IK's and a rig and just spin them around each other that way, pulling out the kink in the "elbow" of it and just rotating it, but that's a lot of work x3).

Whoops, rambled a bit there, but, I think those two things could add a bit to it! 

Edited by Izu.

Ah, I didn't get a lot of design freedom on the catapult itself, but thanks for the advice! We were pretty much given a picture, then told to make something similar using a list of techniques. The majority of it had to be box modeled :)

I'm still a beginner, lol, so I'll try making one from scratch with your advice sometime - I really appreciate it!

Thanks!!

The modeling itself isn't too difficult once you figure out the interface of the program you use. Once I learned Maya (what I use in my classes), programs like Blender made a lot more sense to me. I can link you some pretty good tutorials if you do decide to give it a shot! :)

Edited by Amysaurus

I've seen the is post before, but I've never actually looked through it until now. You have a very wide range of art skills. I really like the clay and wood sculptures. I was too lazy to read everything so I'm assuming school means art school since you're learning 3D modeling. That's one of the few visual art forms I don't suck at  :) We used 3D Studio in school. I heard Maya is pretty much the same. If you can learn one, you switch to the other pretty easily. I've never used Blender. Have you ever used Z Brush? That's a really cool one for texturing. It's good more making complex, organic structures. I dabbled with it a bit, but my PC at the time was so old and decrepit, it lagged to the point to where it became unusable? 

Your 2D art is really good, too. I see a couple people decided to use them for their profiles  :)

Ahahaha, thanks!

I've never used 3D studio, but I've heard a lot of them are very similar. I haven't used Z Brush, since I pretty much use what my school has in the comp. lab. I'm actually just at a regular university. :)

And, yup! People seem to like using my drawings for avatars c: