BOSSBERRY

Is there any way to know if your skill hit?

Is there any way to check if your skill was a succesful hit? I am looking for ANY way to solve this problem, so if its possible through an event a damage formula anything somebody please tell me. The way I'm doing it right now is I am using victors animated battle. In this script your skills are premade in the script itself. There is a feature called "conditional" where you can put in a string of code to check. What would be most helpful to me is a line of code that could be plugged into this condition so that I could have my given effect happen based on that condition. 

Sorry for the vagueness and roughness of this whole request, I was just trying to crank it out before bed. See you tomorrow everyone and thanks in advance.

A sound effect usually does the trick.

I'm not exactly sure of the syntax tho.

(I can look once I get home if you need me to.)

But if you play a sound after every successful hit, then you'll know pretty much right away if it worked.

I'm thinking something like [insert the battler here].result.hit? You can check the hit? method in Game_ActionResult for its definition and see if it's what you are looking. You can also look at how it's being used in the item_apply method in Game_Battler.

Well, yes that is the question. I don't know how victor's script handle the current enemy / target battler.

in my script, you can do that by put "target.result.hit?"

in victor's script, the 'target' could be something else :/

Ohhh hopefully I can just use the target settings that Victor provides, if this doesn't work I have thought of another way around the problem, but thanks everyone for the help!