Author: Mr Trivel
Name: Quicksand
Created: 2014-10-27
Version: 1.2

What does it do?
Allows the developer to set which Terrain Tags are quicksand.
Player will start sinking in quicksand. If death option is set to true player will get a game over screen after sinking completely. Or, if it’s false, player will sink to a specific amount.

Requirements: None

Screenshot:
ss-2014-10-27-at-05-57-00.png

Instructions:
Set up Quicksand module.

i like that you provided the option of whether quicksand results in a game over or not, because i would personally never allow that to happen. seems more like a respawn me next to the quicksand after being swallowed by it kind of situation.

Updated a little.

Now the player can be slowed down to a certain amount while in quicksand.

Next version:

- Possible to set up different quicksand types with varying sinking speed, max sink, moving speed, etc. Perfect for sinking into snow a little, more into swamp, and to death in quicksand.

- Max sink will be a formula. Meaning you could sink to death in the swamp, but if you have special boots, you could specify that max sink to be below death sink which allows to cross the swamp.

Cool little script! I'll use it. Are you open to some new ideas? How about some quicksand that only has limited ways to escape (not just walking out) like button combinations, or items to use (Imagine if the player has "rope" in their inventory and there is a rock close by? Something like this?

You should add an event comment call tag to specify a tile to teleport to when sinking completely and not having game over set to true (which would then deal damage to the party for sinking too far). Get it? Hard to explain.

Great idea for a script, nice work.

Update v1.2:

Now you can set up multiple quicksand types. #The script shows Quicksand, which kills you when you reach the bottom and Snow, which only sinks in a little, and even less if you have item ID #1 in your inventory.

Bravo - awesome update, love it. Just so others know, you have to comment out some of the top lines and bottom lines to run the script, everything above the script info and everything after the last "end"

Edited by Dymdez

@Dymdez,

Not sure what you mean. I just tried copy-pasting the code to a blank project and it worked just fine.

I would tell you what I did to get the error I was talking about, but then I would feel even dumber. Disregard^^ Lets change the subject: nice script lol

Hey Trivel/Glasses, is there any way you can change the sinking speed depending on an item in the inventory? Like what you have with max depth

Edited by Dymdez

You mean, just call a common event if player sinks in completely?

Is there a script call to reference to ask the game if the player is sunken or not? Coule be used in a conditional branch in that case, which would be sweet.

@William C,

You can use

$game_player.sunk >= $game_player.in_quicksand?[:death_sink]

To check if player has sunk to a death point. Or replace the right side with a specific amount you want, e.g.: 20.5.

Hello glasses, I am trying to make it where if i go into the quicksand and die it instead will take hearts and place me back in the spot before i went in,is that a Possibility? I tried using the script call in common events would that work,it did not for me, is there something more i needed to do?

Edited by TERROR2K12

@TERROR2K12,

If I recall correctly, as of last time the plugin was updated, it did not execute any common events on sink threshold reached. So, no, it should not work.

Thanks for the quick response, i wish there was a way to do this. i will leave it as is i guess.