Introducing my new game..

post-46595-0-25774700-1416775103_thumb.png

By Kurinkitafu Games.

Genre: Fantasy

Story

In the land knows as Aldea, there was a forcefield against chaos known as the Chalcegate, created by the Larian family at the beginning of life. In each generation of Larians, one at the age of 18 would be picked to merge their power with the Chalcegate, for as long as it was energized, its protection would last, and it would never break.

However, one dark day, one of the Larians turned against his own brother. He wanted to be the one to power the Chalcegate. Out of jealousy, he attempted to kill his brother and destroy the Chalcegate, bringing havoc to the kingdom they were destined to protect, for if he couldn't have the Chalcegate, no one could.

The chosen brother, however, saw how evil consumed the other and decided to put an end to this. However, he couldn't bring himself to kill him. Instead, he sealed his brother's soul inside of the Chalcegate for eternity.

~*PRESENT DAY*~

In the Azalea Woods, there is a tiny town called Veilyn. Here, we have the Veilyn Training Academy, a school for students that wish to learn how to fight. We meet a boy named Talc Reone, and a girl named Loki Handola. During their first field exam, they find a strange shard, so beautiful it's impossible to look away. A couple of days that, a new student joins the academy, a girl named Rune, who befriends our two protagonists. Later that night, however, when they head back into the forest, two young siblings named Jasper and Opal are waiting for them and attempt to rob them.

Rune then explains that the Chalcegate was destroyed, and that she was on a mission to find all seven of its shards before Jasper and Opal do, for she must get there first to regain her full power. Talc and Loki are now tangled up in this situation. What will happen to them on their grand adventure?

Characters

Talc Reone

post-46595-0-56604300-1421024276_thumb.png

Class: Warrior

Talc likes to play bodyguard, often going out of his way to protect those he cares about. He’s friendly, outgoing, and brave. Buuut he can be a little TOO outgoing. If it weren’t for Loki being with him, his mischievous nature probably would’ve gotten him killed by now.

Loki Handola

post-46595-0-78461400-1421024284_thumb.png

Class: Tempest

Loki has a more reserved nature than Talc. She’s kind, a bit timid, playful, and has a motherly nature towards the ones she cares about. She’s the one that has to hold Talc back most of the time.

Rune Luminas

post-46595-0-57234500-1421024244_thumb.png

Class: Seraph

Rune is INCREDIBLY reserved, quiet, and in general is very monotone. They very much keep to themselves, but behind that monotone mask is a very kind-hearted and a tad playful. They tend to let this playful side show whenever they make a pun, Talc and Loki just so happening to hear it. With a strong but blind belief it’s their destiny, they're determined to bring back the Chalcegate no matter what.

Renner Arkos

uuPEV6o.png

Class: Amphoras

Renner is the embodiment of cold-hearted and determined. He’ll do anything to get to the Chalcegate before Rune does, even if he has to fight them for it….until he eventually joins the party. His cold outer shell is just a shell, though. Deep down, he does care for others and wants to protect the ones he cares about. However, he’s not 100% boring and humorless. He can crack a joke whenever he feels it’s necessary, and does enjoy going along with Talc’s mischievous antics.

FEATURES:

• Quest system - Do some questing for others while in the middle of your main one and earn some gold or XP!
  • Co-op puzzles - Make your party members work as a team to solve puzzles and go through dungeons.
  • Multiple parties - Don't just focus on Talc, Rune and Loki as one big group...have them in different groups, too!
  • Minigames - Play some fun minigames to pass the time, whether it be gambling, or maybe something more fun.

Credits

Graphics:

Celianna

Lunarea

Kaduki

Mack

Ragnarok

Holder

Enterbrain

Scripts:

Yami

Galv

Moghunter

Yanfly

Raizen

Modern Algebra

Zerbu

Hanzo Kimura

Victor

Shaz

Hime

Gambit

TheoAllen

DiamondandPlatinum3

Music/Sound Effects:

Zelda

Final Fantasy

Chrono Trigger

Star Fox Adventures

Mario

Ragnarok

Fable

Kevin Macleod

Dragon Quest

Golden Sun

Pokemon

Screenshots:

post-46595-0-48192700-1416780857_thumb.png

post-46595-0-69346200-1418592479_thumb.png

post-46595-0-46525200-1420995706_thumb.png

post-46595-0-27415400-1425858851_thumb.png

post-46595-0-52453000-1436472264_thumb.png

post-46595-0-42859600-1424021572_thumb.png

This is not an actual event in the game. It's a joke.

Video(s):

Thanks for reading, hope it interested you at least a little bit! ^_^

Edited by Kurinkitafu

Ooh Chrono Trigger influenced!? :D Now this is my kind of game! ^-^

I'll be keeping an eye on this little post here~ You have a very nice synopsis so far, but the true test is a demo. :)

And I love your title logo by the way~

This game reminds me of Lunar Wish, another RPG Maker game and one I hold close to my heart :3 ^~^ By the looks of it I think it'll be enjoyable! Can't wait to see more. Loving Rune at the moment. ^~^ I love the mysterious girls. ;D

This game reminds me of Lunar Wish, another RPG Maker game and one I hold close to my heart :3 ^~^ By the looks of it I think it'll be enjoyable! Can't wait to see more. Loving Rune at the moment. ^~^ I love the mysterious girls. ;D

I was actually inspired by Lunar Wish (I LOVE that game.) Thank you! ^_^

Ooh Chrono Trigger influenced!? :D Now this is my kind of game! ^-^

I'll be keeping an eye on this little post here~ You have a very nice synopsis so far, but the true test is a demo. :)

And I love your title logo by the way~

Thank you very much! ^_^ I'll try to do a demo release once I have enough gameplay for one!

This may not be right to request, but I'd definitely appreciate more feedback! ^^; I'd love to hear what you think, and if there's anything I should fix up!

(I hope this game doesn't remind TOO many people of Lunar Wish or just any RPG game...that's something I want to avoid! O.O)

Edited by Kurinkitafu

There really isn't all too much to go on in terms of feedback. From the small amount of story you've given here, I can't really say its bad, just a bit common. Unless you go further into the conflicts you'll face during the game (which might be a spoiler), only a demo could give me enough information for valuable feedback.

Do you have any more characters you'd like to show off? Also a list of Features could make your page more interesting, unique features are even better. About the Lunar Wish similarities; it's just that you're using character/face graphics of the same style, and maybe a character in your game being named 'Talk Vangor' and in Lunar Wish there is a character named 'Falk Valor.' (pretty funny coincidence actually)

But good luck going forward, I'd like to see any progress you've made.

There really isn't all too much to go on in terms of feedback. From the small amount of story you've given here, I can't really say its bad, just a bit common. Unless you go further into the conflicts you'll face during the game (which might be a spoiler), only a demo could give me enough information for valuable feedback.

Do you have any more characters you'd like to show off? Also a list of Features could make your page more interesting, unique features are even better. About the Lunar Wish similarities; it's just that you're using character/face graphics of the same style, and maybe a character in your game being named 'Talk Vangor' and in Lunar Wish there is a character named 'Falk Valor.' (pretty funny coincidence actually)

But good luck going forward, I'd like to see any progress you've made.

...WHOOOOOAAAAAAA, damn you have some good points! O.O Thank you! :D

I do actually have more characters, I just didn't add them in for the sake of spoilers, but a couple of them come in pretty early so eh, I'm adding them. X3

(I should probably change Talk's name a little...maybe the last name because eh, "Vangor" sounds kind of dumb to me now.)

I really appreciate that you told me all of this, thank you very much! ^_^

Edited by Kurinkitafu

Your story summary is similar to Tales of Symphonia too xD  It is a common plot, so there isn't much to say about it at the moment, but as long as you make it your own than I'm sure it'll be fine ^_^

This is just my stance on the matter, but I'm kind of burned out on 'remembers everything but her name,' characters. They're just so easy to turn them into a huge plot point and make them related to the super-bad or the super-good or whatever, that it's entirely expected. But even cliche's can be awesome when they're pulled off well! So I expect a lot of character development, this goes for the rest of the characters too >:3

Your screenshots look really nice, though. You must've put a lot of work into this already o;

I know what it's like to be hungry for feedback, so I'll give you a nice lengthy review when the demo comes out ;D

I really am looking forward to seeing what direction this takes! Good luck <3

Your story summary is similar to Tales of Symphonia too xD  It is a common plot, so there isn't much to say about it at the moment, but as long as you make it your own than I'm sure it'll be fine ^_^

This is just my stance on the matter, but I'm kind of burned out on 'remembers everything but her name,' characters. They're just so easy to turn them into a huge plot point and make them related to the super-bad or the super-good or whatever, that it's entirely expected. But even cliche's can be awesome when they're pulled off well! So I expect a lot of character development, this goes for the rest of the characters too >:3

Your screenshots look really nice, though. You must've put a lot of work into this already o;

I know what it's like to be hungry for feedback, so I'll give you a nice lengthy review when the demo comes out ;D

I second this!

Haha, thanks. X3 Without giving away any spoilers, she's NOT the bad guy. XD

Thanks!! :) I've worked really hard on the mapping, and I'm definitely going to have lots of character development. ^_^

UPDATE!

Added two more characters in the character introduction, hope they seem at least a little bit interesting! :)

Yup, I'll have to agree with some of the posts above. :) As much as I like to be interested in your project. Maybe a little more info would suffice since it's fairly small for me to indulge into your project at the moment~ Your mapping and the title logo is very well done~ ^-^ But the true meaning is more than just the visual of course~ ;) Once the demo comes out, I'll promise to take a look at it, other than a Chrono Trigger vibe; for some reason it feels like the Crystal Chronicles for me. :3

Yup, I'll have to agree with some of the posts above. :) As much as I like to be interested in your project. Maybe a little more info would suffice since it's fairly small for me to indulge into your project at the moment~ Your mapping and the title logo is very well done~ ^-^ But the true meaning is more than just the visual of course~ ;) Once the demo comes out, I'll promise to take a look at it, other than a Chrono Trigger vibe; for some reason it feels like the Crystal Chronicles for me. :3

Thank you! ^_^

Honestly, I wrote the story so simply because I can't go into much detail without giving something away. DX That's why I wrote it so simple, that and I like surprises. ;3

I'm actually heavily inspired by other RPG games like Crystal Chronicles, Golden Sun, and some of my favorite RPG Maker games. ^w^

I don't think a demo will be out anytime soon, I just have to redo this and that, gain some self-confidence, and THEN it'll be out...if I actually ever do that second thing. XDD

Edited by Kurinkitafu

This sounds like a very interesting game! :)  When do you plan on releasing it? If you make a demo, or already have one somewhere please let me know!

Also, about how big is the game world? Is this a really big game?

Thank you! ^_^

Slow down there, it's only been 3 months since I made this post! The game is far from being finished, and when I get enough and finish redoing the intro, I'll definitely update this when a demo is ready. :)

Umm, I suppose it's pretty big for an RPG Maker game. I'm debating between making it a series or a stand-alone title, because I have plenty of ideas for both choices. :D

This project of yours has A LOT of potential in terms of popularity! Love the story! I wish you the best of luck on your project! :D

Oh wow, thank you so much!! :D

Edited by Kurinkitafu

Getting some progress I see... :) For some reason, I really love the font hehe~ All you need is a support bar and you're good to go~! ^-^

These little quiet projects give me the more reason to try it out...

Getting some progress I see... :) For some reason, I really love the font hehe~ All you need is a support bar and you're good to go~! ^-^

These little quiet projects give me the more reason to try it out...

Thanks, Minerva! :D Glad you liked it.

I definitely hope this hard work pays off once the demo is released. ^_^

Hey guys!

I, uh...I really wanna apologize for the lack of updates on the game. :c

A lot of stuff has gotten in the way like school or other projects I'm working on, and it's reeeeeeeally slowed down progress on Crystal Tales.

I've been trying to get back on track, though! I've fixed up some of the story, some of the characters, and what I have at the moment I'm really satisfied with. However, that doesn't mean I won't be open to critique! Currently in the game, I'm working on the first dungeon. When I finish that and fix up a few other things, there may be a demo ready, so stay tuned!

The multiple parties sound interesting; it doesn't seem like their just splitting up for plot purposes but that its an actual mechanic, am I right about that? If so how do you plan to implement it?

Also, boring mod stuff, but could you also mention what resources and scripts are used in your credits instead of just their names please? Its not too big a deal but the creators generally seem to like that (and it does often state to do so in many Terms of Use).

The multiple parties sound interesting; it doesn't seem like their just splitting up for plot purposes but that its an actual mechanic, am I right about that? If so how do you plan to implement it?

Also, boring mod stuff, but could you also mention what resources and scripts are used in your credits instead of just their names please? Its not too big a deal but the creators generally seem to like that (and it does often state to do so in many Terms of Use).

The multiple parties thing will be kind of both??? Like, sometimes you'll have to switch between parties for the sake of the story, but then it'll also be a little dungeon mechanic for puzzles.

I need to fix up the credits thing anyway, so sure!

hello all!

i kind of wanted to update this forum again with some news...

progress may be slowed down a LOT from now on because honestly, i've been having this lack of motivation to work on any of the game.

i haven't felt like continuing it because looking back at the progress i made when i was 14, it's...kind of dumb. but i don't want to go back and change it, either. my lack of motivation these days is baaaaaaad.

even though rpg maker hasn't been my main focus these days, i'll try to keep working on the game even if progress will be slower than before!