Supportbutton_zpspv8l2fyr.png

Try your best to keep your little kitty-self and your kittens alive in an unforgiving medieval world.
Share with your friends, or keep it to yourself as that private, happy little thing you have.

Genre:

Strategy/Sim

RPG elements

Game Progression:

It's been a while I have to remember

Story- 80%

Eventing- 40%

Graphics- 10%  Parallaxed exteriors, tiled interiors

Sound- 50%-100% i have no idea about the sound

Story:

Kitty Survival Simulator features the player as a mother cat named Kitty, and her three kittens. Kitty loves her kittens, and she'll go through any lengths to keep them alive.

There is references to what we would now consider animal abuse, the world is out to get Kitty in one way or another. It's a cruel world, and even crueler for a cat.

You act as a guiding conscious for Kitty. There are times when her instincts will overpower you, and certain objectives must be fulfilled in order for Kitty to feel safe enough to progress. Though Kitty is silent, she is full of thought and wonder for the world around her, and her years of surviving gives her strong feelings you can interpret and act upon. With your cooperation, Kitty can help you decide what way the world bends.

There is an essence of choice- You are free to spend Kittys' numbered days killing the few mice right around her slum home. Progression overall is optional, and it is encouraged to explore and take things at any pace.

But there's so much to explore! Things to eat! Fights to win! Who knows what Kitty could accomplish through a simple purr or hiss?

Character Bios:

Kitty-

A mother cat, a few years old. She's had to deal with being out in the world since she was born. Wise to her the world in her own sense, she now has the duty of taking care of her kittens. Though she wishes she could stay with her kittens all the time, she knows she has to venture out into the world to find food. Take care, little Kitty...

The Kittens-

Mow- A mixed brown and beige kitten.
Murr- A black kitten. Perhaps a clue about the father of these kittens?
Mawrow- The youngest of the kittens, and the most likely to get into trouble.

(other characters to be introduced in-game)

Credits:

(Subject to change)

Graphics:

Candacis
Pandamaru
Caitlin
Leilaheliday
Sharm
Celianna
Deeb
Natural Hall
Tana
sekizou
Aindra
Maiko
Apprentice geisha
Mack
Dot Art World
Window "Made by Palsa: http://metalraptor.deviantart.com/".
Birdzilla
Tsarmina
Syrus Ultima
Ayene-chan

Custom:
Izu

shino

Nyapurgisnacht

Scripts:
V.M of D.T

efeberk
Apellonyx
Patrick VanMackelberg
Hime
Galv
Yanfly
Khas
Claimh
Raizen

NeonBlack
SeerUK
SoulPour777

Music and Sounds:
GSRsites

RoyaltyFreeMusic

Jasmine Cooper

Sythuz

Mark DiAngelo
Iwan 'qubodup' Gabovitch http://opengameart.org/users/qubodup
JStewartMusic
Margor3000
Aaron Krogh

Vivaldi
*Buxtehude
Majora's Mask OST Koji Kondo and Toru Minegishi

Star Ocean 3 OST Motoi Sakuraba

Testing:

Kyuukon

SpookyMothman
SinfulBeauty

AlastorRose
CounselorLeo
Ashebutt

Screenshots:

These screenies are from the very first version I had of the game, and desperately need to be updated ;-;

They're so old oh god help

37496_83656_orig.png
37496_83663_orig.png
37496_82060_orig.png
37496_83657_orig.png

37496_83658_orig.png
37496_82061_orig.png
Combat3_zps8a207fbe.png
Dialogue2_zps57c919b6.png
Map1_zps19606b86.png
Dialogue4_zps811a21cc.png
37496_83659_orig.png
37496_83660_orig.png
37496_83661_orig.png
37496_83662_orig.png
Menu1_zps029abc2d.png

Features:

Multiple endings

Survival is key- Though hunger, thirst, and fatigue will always be a constant worry for Kitty and her kittens, everything from temperatures to diseases to loneliness could take their toll upon Kitty.

You will also need to carefully choose what Kitty puts in her body, and you'll even find ways to prevent ailments and disease.

The world changes drastically during the day and night. Everyone operates on a schedule, and certain events only happen at certain times and certain days.

Open-world

Fast paced, live and interact day by day, hour by hour.

Active-time-battle

Edited by Nyapurgisnacht

Oh wow!! This game is super cool!!! ^~^ I love the fact you just get to play as a cat. My sister, back when she had heaps of time and no life, made a game similar to this but I love the dialogue for yours! ^~^ eee I can't wait til you have a demo! this game seems delicious! :D

Thanks guys ^^ Just so everyone knows any feedback is always appreciated~

@Knighterius: Oh, is your sisters game playable anywhere? You've intrigued me.
@Tejas: I like Sims games too x3 What a coinky-dink right? Hope you'll enjoy it when it's done :D

Update time!

I've added some new and updated screenshots with effects and such. I've also updated the credits list.

Some tidbits of the progress so far-

The Night/Day transition works, along with lighting.
Plot/game progression events are 90% complete in the Castle.
50% of the first "zone" out of four is mapped and scripted.
There's now a "Run" option in dialogue choices, which has various effects.
The player dies when they are killed. (As it should be.)
Survival implemented and running beautifully! Aw yeah.
Enemies now do... Stuff. You'll just have to see.
The font is prettied up and it's a little big to accommodate to those with poor eyesight like myself.

And I made my own title screen/logo-type-thing. Snazzy right?
Title1_zps0313f871.png

I'm making this a little more expansive than I originally intended, but I'm pressing forward at a good pace and I think I can stay true to my "demo release in a few months" goal.

Thanks guys ^^ Just so everyone knows any feedback is always appreciated~

@Knighterius: Oh, is your sisters game playable anywhere? You've intrigued me.

@Tejas: I like Sims games too x3 What a coinky-dink right? Hope you'll enjoy it when it's done :D

Update time!

I've added some new and updated screenshots with effects and such. I've also updated the credits list.

Some tidbits of the progress so far-

The Night/Day transition works, along with lighting.

Plot/game progression events are 90% complete in the Castle.

50% of the first "zone" out of four is mapped and scripted.

There's now a "Run" option in dialogue choices, which has various effects.

The player dies when they are killed. (As it should be.)

Survival implemented and running beautifully! Aw yeah.

Enemies now do... Stuff. You'll just have to see.

The font is prettied up and it's a little big to accommodate to those with poor eyesight like myself.

And I made my own title screen/logo-type-thing. Snazzy right?

Title1_zps0313f871.png

I'm making this a little more expansive than I originally intended, but I'm pressing forward at a good pace and I think I can stay true to my "demo release in a few months" goal.

Looking good! ^~^ A nice update indeed. x) 

And no, my sister never posted the game xDD There wasn't really enough for it to actually be a game anyway. A cat wakes on this beach walks into a cave the cave is all weird and then jumps down this thingo and falls and then finds the exit to the cave and then escapes and makes friends with a dog and then there is a save point which is a bunch of scarecrows but you have to find the right one and if you don't you can't save for the whole entire game. Then you go in this room and the cat has a flash back of this girl and then you leave and go into this fortress and then there is a thousand people walking around really fast but you have to catch the girl you saw in the flashback and once you do it ends x)

Oh! And I forgot to mention! I really love your titlescreen! ^~^ So cayute!

Well that's a shame, it sounds cute. If a little linear I suppose xD Hmmm, I kinda like that scarecrow thing though *scratches chin thoughtfully.* I might have to use that in some other game someday xp

xD By all means! I think I'd have have to show the game to her if you ever did put it into a game x) hehe

I'm so sorry for replying so late :( But this game looks amazing! Your screenies are adorable~ I can't wait to see more of what you're planning to do with this game :D

I'm supporting~ :3 *puts support bar in my siggy*

Such a cute and cool idea! I can't wait to see how it progresses~

Totally looking forward to a demo :D

Thank you so much x3 I'm looking forward to having you look at my demo xD Also, welcome to the community ^_^

Update! (Sorta)

Things are coming along quite nicely:

I'm still fine-tuning events and balancing the difficulty out. Puzzles are supposed to take thinking, after all. How might a pretty kitty solve her problems?

There's a few fun new mechanics now, like meowing at stuff, and breaking things with your little kitty clawsies.

Everything is being prettied up. The game isn't so freakin' dark now, but it's moodier.

AND MOOOORE~~

And, I think I may be able to release a demo soonish ;3

Aaaand I'm updating the credits again.

That's all <3

*squeals* This project looks so amazing! And adorable! And astounding! I will definitely be following this project, and I'm looking forward to the demo release~ Those kittens are so freaking cute~<3 I feel protective of them already. Maternal mode invoked. Come at me, brah.  :angry:

*supports*  ^_^

Yo guys, thank you for the support! And if any of the people who have made/ are making custom stuff for me happens to see this, I love you all and your brilliant, wonderful minds ;-; I wouldn't be done with this for years if I was all by myself, but it's coming along nice and quick.

A few things I'm working on that I want to include in the demo are:

+ Kitty will be effected by various "statuses" depending on her hunger, thirst, and sleep levels. More incentive to keep Kitty healthy.
+Good choice in foods and clean water will be imperative to keeping Kitty's health well.

+'Loneliness' trait that will effect the kittens, and a 'guilt' trait that will effect Kitty. Some things will be harder to deal with than others, and guilt can be cumbersome...

+ New equipment, new things to kill and eat, more repercussions.

+ For progression, there's a simple storyline that doesn't require much effort to get through.
+ Several completely optional storylines, with huge rewards if you take the time to go through them. Kitty plays a part in deciding the outcomes.
+ An optional boss!
+ And another optional boss!

+ A secret, optional dungeon

+ Cleaner graphics overall.

Silly-times! Heartbreak! Kitties being kitties! Oh the drama!

I want to show you all something fun with lots of content until the game is totally complete. For it will be a journey of epic proportions, I have so many ideas ^o.o^

Thanks again for all the support <3

And so we continue to march ever onwards!

"For Glory!"
"For Kitties!!"

TL;DR

Demo soonish, thanks for all the support, hugs and wuv all around <3

Edited by Nyapurgisnacht