That char art!!! I am a instant fan! And sadly now after seeing your game I need to go beef mine up.....

Aww, thank you! (And thank you so so SOOO much for the multi-support signature  :lol: It's so beautiful and made me smile! ^^) At the same time, I hope that while my art may inspire you to keep working with the art in your game--hey, we can never improve enough, right?--I hope it doesn't make you feel bad about your game either. c: I am very flattered though that the artwork caught your attention >////< that's very kind of you to say~

That char art!!! I am a instant fan! And sadly now after seeing your game I need to go beef mine up.....

Aww, thank you! (And thank you so so SOOO much for the multi-support signature  :lol: It's so beautiful and made me smile! ^^) At the same time, I hope that while my art may inspire you to keep working with the art in your game--hey, we can never improve enough, right?--I hope it doesn't make you feel bad about your game either. c: I am very flattered though that the artwork caught your attention >////< that's very kind of you to say~

Well to be honest I just wanted the brown haired girl...but when I pasted it...it just didn't look right with one square pic so I took them all! The char art really makes the game stand out yes. I have been working on and updating my games for the last 2 days after seeing this lol. I do feel kinda bad but out games are very different and for different things so it's ok. And these 2 games I am updating are from 2012 back when I was still using XP so I am allowed to hate on them lol.

I see so many good ideas in this game though, makes me really wonder what the experience will be like. So it's good you are doing this, people need to see quality work, and I need a reason to update mine anyways.

Well to be honest I just wanted the brown haired girl...but when I pasted it...it just didn't look right with one square pic so I took them all! The char art really makes the game stand out yes. I have been working on and updating my games for the last 2 days after seeing this lol. I do feel kinda bad but out games are very different and for different things so it's ok. And these 2 games I am updating are from 2012 back when I was still using XP so I am allowed to hate on them lol.

I see so many good ideas in this game though, makes me really wonder what the experience will be like. So it's good you are doing this, people need to see quality work, and I need a reason to update mine anyways.

Ohhh, Cinnamon XD She's pretty, isn't she? :) I'm really glad the effort I put into the drawing is making my game shine :D Hahahaha, well as long as you aren't putting yourself down then I'm okie with it :) I think that inspiration should never serve to demean yourself. 

Tbh, I'm wondering too. Spec has been far too busy lately to contact me, so I'm mostly just sorting out my part of the game while vainly trying to figure out what the battle system is like. (I swear, the script makes no sense to me, lol.)

Ohhh, Cinnamon XD She's pretty, isn't she? :) I'm really glad the effort I put into the drawing is making my game shine :D Hahahaha, well as long as you aren't putting yourself down then I'm okie with it :) I think that inspiration should never serve to demean yourself. 

Tbh, I'm wondering too. Spec has been far too busy lately to contact me, so I'm mostly just sorting out my part of the game while vainly trying to figure out what the battle system is like. (I swear, the script makes no sense to me, lol.)

Custom battle scripts are just a nightmare! Somehow I managed to fix a Resident Evil Book systems that a Philo made and no one remembers though lol. But yea it's like reading greek... If there is something you need help with just ask.

Edited by Latoa

Custom battle scripts are just a nightmare! Someone I managed to fix a Resident Evil Book systems that a Philo made and no one remembers though lol. But yea it's like reading greek... If there is something you need help with just ask.

Aww thanks, you're so nice! c: I don't think it's a custom script though, I just know that Spec added 31 new scripts just for battle-related things and I have no idea how they work XD I've never scripted and never really been good at that kind of thing, either, and I sure can't figure out how he's laying out the animation sheets for battlers. =.="

Before I go to sleep and rest my poor little wrist, I wanna thank all of you who came out, even if just for a little bit, to catch my stream! :) It really meant a lot to me and it was great fun to map, draw, and talk with you about literally everything under the sun. I feel like I've grown a lot closer to all of you, too ^u^

♥As for an actual update on Sugar Sweet, I've been burning through the maps. There's only ONE, ONE more map for Dolce sector (and like 2 indoor ones) and then it's done. DONE. DONEEEEE WAHAHAHHAHAHA--

Errr yeah. I'm trying to keep my maps more classified now because I realised I shouldn't spoil the whole demo for you guys hehe. If you ever wanna catch a glimpse as to what I'm working on or what to expect, join my streams whenever you can :) Those of you were here today, you saw some pretty neat things that I won't be releasing (like the top-secret notebook, fufufu.) â™¥

Here's a sample of the amazing, life-changing things we do at Tsarie streams:

iTYvj0T.png

HAVE A GREAT DAY/MORNING/NIGHT/AFTERNOON/EVENING ^_^ â™¥â™¥â™¥

Glad we could spend time time with you! =3 That was fun! ^^

(lol you posted that XD)

Also, the picture was not my idea I swear! XD But anyway it is really well done and totally cute! Amazing work! It's really 999 times better than I could do! =3

(I'll keep that on my PC =3)

And no worries, I'll go to sleep soon. XD

Glad we could spend time time with you! =3 That was fun! ^^

(lol you posted that XD)

Also, the picture was not my idea I swear! XD But anyway it is really well done and totally cute! Amazing work! It's really 999 times better than I could do! =3

(I'll keep that on my PC =3)

And no worries, I'll go to sleep soon. XD

It WAS fun :) I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully! 

Don't doubt your art skillz! You can do it too :P Just draw more and more and more and watch yourself change and grow and before you know it Riki will have mastered every thing that anyone has ever done and you'll take over the world and ponies will start frolicking everywhere!

Aww :3

We're all glad we could join and spend some time with you, Tsarie. The stream was quite interesting, and all the chatting, ahahah. I loved it. I'll certainly be there if you stream it on Sunday :3

Yeah, I feel like I got less done than I wanted XD It was great to talk to you all :) Thank you kindly!~ I'll definitely try my best to do so.

Allo, my eagerly awaiting friends! ^u^

Updates are ready and waiting in line! There's a great deal to tell and a great deal to be proud of. :) We'll go with the list format today.

â™¥First and most majorly, the entirety of the Dolce Sector has been finished! (Disclaimer: in mapping terms.) This is kind of a landmark moment for me as I've been hacking away at these maps for quite a while now, and I'm very pleased to say that you can now walk around Dolce as your heart desires, while doing almost absolutely nothing. XD

Here's the proof from my beautiful to-do list log:

atUkWjm.png

TAKE THAT.

â™¥Secondly, new portraits, new interior maps, and new systems! Like I've said before, since Sugar Sweet is going to be relatively short, I want it to be full to bursting and completely breathtaking and fresh in every manner. That includes:

â™¥A portrait (and sometimes even emotions) for every main character, non-player character, girl, boy, animal, tree, and turtle. (jk on the last two. But seriously. Even if you aren't an artist, you can probably imagine how large of an undertaking this is.)

â™¥Custom animations and graphics--made either from scratch, heavily edited, mildly edited, or any combination of the above.

Please take a moment and appreciate this screenshot:

Tf0cxvr.png

Custom portrait? Check. Emotionset? Check. Custom animations? You shall see....

By the way, you will definitely want to try talking to this accountant, since the animations of that fancy little doo-daa she has mounted on the wall is totally worth it.

Also, if you are interested in this green-haired beauty's portrait (or faceset), please click here!

â™¥If you happen to remember this handy guy:

TKVVm9Y.png

....IT'S COMING TRUE. I've been working the past couple days to start and try to put together some frame-by-frame animations for cutscenes, just for you guys. ^^ This means drawing frames, testing out frames for fluidity, tweening, captioning, timing correctly, and overlaying 927 different layers of sound over the top to make it alive. (Maybe not 927. ;)) There's a teensy bit that I've already gotten working, but I don't want to spoil it, so I'll give you another section's cute work in progress instead.

RymujqF.gif

It's a little, uh, sketchy at the moment (no pun intended), but I'm getting there. These just take time (I have no program like Toonboom or anything like that, so it's a frame by frame Photoshop for me. Lol!)

Thanks for sticking around thus far! I promise it'll be worth it. ^u^

This is looking cooler and cooler! I so wish I could draw like you.

Thank you so very kindly! o////o I'm sure you could! No matter what, it just takes some effort and input. :c Some times more than others. But I definitely know I've even improved since I started the game! :)

WowwowWOW~ The progress on this game is coming along very nicely :D I can't wait for the demo to come out! All the graphics are so beautiful >w< 

Awww, it's raymiiiii <33 I miss youuuu I don't see you as often anymore!! I would love for the demo to come out sooner too. (Spec, where are youuuuuu) I've been working to try and perfect everything, even remodeling some of my old things. It makes me happy....even though I procrastinate really horribly on some of them. XD

The screenshot with green haired girl is breathtaking for real.

That sparkling ocean blue dress is pretty amazing.

About the sketchy guy, is that a gif picture? (I can't see it because my laptop is dead :c)

There are improvement here and there.

Keep us getting updated! :D

The green-haired girl is gorgeous :3

Also, AMAZING!! You're making animated scenes now!! ........ Stop making me jealous, you brilliantly skillful artist. Hahaha, jk (Although I'm getting a bit jealous, and you ARE a brilliantly skillful artist~)

It's good to see how much you're progressing :3

Edited by Sky Usanin

The screenshot with green haired girl is breathtaking for real.

That sparkling ocean blue dress is pretty amazing.

About the sketchy guy, is that a gif picture? (I can't see it because my laptop is dead :c)

There are improvement here and there.

Keep us getting updated!  :D 

Thank you! :) I also liked her design quite a bit.

Yeah, it is a gif ^^ It definitely needs some touching up. Thank you for all your support (and your beautiful music!!) :D

The green-haired girl is gorgeous :3

Also, AMAZING!! You're making animated scenes now!! ........ Stop making me jealous, you brilliantly skillful artist. Hahaha, jk (Although I'm getting a bit jealous, and you ARE a brilliantly skillful artist~)

It's good to see how much you're progressing :3

Thanksies <3 I named her Eleine, but I don't think all NPCs need a name...it'd be too confusing, especially with all the food-related names XD 

Aww, I didn't mean to make you jealous! It's meant to inspire you :P Hey, and we already know what you're capable of--we saw it during the stream! You can work towards there very easily! I mean, you probably would learn it way faster than me, hahaha, because it took me forever. X3

Thanks, you two ^u^

I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I've popped by to comment! I'm glad to see that you're still making steady progress on the project. :> The accountant is absolutely adorable (that hair!) and your maps are still looking top-notch. Seriously, they're beautiful. I adore those bookcases in the screenshot with the accountant.

I also think it's really neat that you've decided to include some animations! The amount of work you're putting into this project is really admirable, Tsarmina. I'm an artist too and I cannot even imagine how much work it must take to make a portrait plus potential emotions for EVERY character in the game. Just...wow. As usual, keep up the great work. <3

I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I've popped by to comment! I'm glad to see that you're still making steady progress on the project. :> The accountant is absolutely adorable (that hair!) and your maps are still looking top-notch. Seriously, they're beautiful. I adore those bookcases in the screenshot with the accountant.

I also think it's really neat that you've decided to include some animations! The amount of work you're putting into this project is really admirable, Tsarmina. I'm an artist too and I cannot even imagine how much work it must take to make a portrait plus potential emotions for EVERY character in the game. Just...wow. As usual, keep up the great work. <3

Oh no, don't be, Whiona! I just love and appreciate that you stop by at all. ^.^ thank you very much! I can't say I did much for the bookcases, just a simple recolor.

The animations really can be a pain T^T I haven't even finished the opening cutscene yet--I'm about 7 seconds in, ahahaha! It takes much longer to do anything than I expected, and I've realised I've been using too many frames in the wrong places. The portraits...well, I just take it one at a time, haha ^.^ I love portrait art, so it's not too bad. As long as I don't draw too many at once, I never get tired XD I'm also lucky that I don't have that many characters in the game.

It's so good to see you ^.^ thank you for stopping by~~

Smack-dab in the middle of finals but stuff is still happening. I DON'T KNOW WHY. I get inspiration surges every time testing rolls around TT_TT

TsPOUoH.png

In-progress promo art. References used quite heavilyyyy. Brie's dress is worthy of murder. I LOVE THIS PIECE. The background is going to have clouds, so i guess they're flying/falling? Clem will be holding a lot of candy in his arms, and little pieces will be flying from them. 

In terms of the actual game, a map and a resident to match:

cATUjnT.png

She's referring to her boyfriend, Macchiato. Caramel Macchiato is my new fave ship I swear

Cheers \o/

All this progres... Is just... AMAZING. As usual, I don't have much to say, but I can say that it's awesome and that you never cease to improve, Tsarie. Keep up the good work.

Tankyas!~ 'Awesome' seems pretty good enough, maybe :P I shall do my best! c:

OH MY GOSH, Caramel is adorable. I officially love her. And that new promo artwork is so detailed! It looks amazing so far!!

Aww, I love her too! Not to mention you!! chu~~♥ She was supposed to have highlights, but you can't see them anymore after the hair shading. TT_TT Also, I love purple eyes. X3 Have you heard of Alexandria's Genesis? I'm so jealouussssssss!~

As for the promo art, linearts>coloring ahahaha XD Shading Brie's dress in particular will be a pain...why did I choose to make a dress like that again...???

AHEM ALSOOOOOO

HAPPY ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF SUGAR SWEET kaocoeur85.gifTHANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND DEDICATED LOVE AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!!!

....Has it REALLY been a year? You're not joking? o.o (Holy cow I feel old) 

Anyway, congratulations! :D You know I'm sooo excited about this game and I really can't wait to play the demo, or even better, the full game >w< Hehehe~ Keep up the good work, Tsar and Spec! :D :D

All this progres... Is just... AMAZING. As usual, I don't have much to say, but I can say that it's awesome and that you never cease to improve, Tsarie. Keep up the good work.

Tankyas!~ 'Awesome' seems pretty good enough, maybe :P I shall do my best! c:

Wait, there's more? o.o Keep going, Tsarie!

AHEM ALSOOOOOO

HAPPY ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF SUGAR SWEET kaocoeur85.gifTHANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND DEDICATED LOVE AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!!!

Yay! And I've been supporting it since the beginning :3