Sessie

Sessie's Sometimes Sketch Dump Dumpster

Hi~
I'm still a relative newcomer to these forums, but I figured I'd follow in the footsteps of all the other amazing creators on this site and post a bit of what I like to doodle :D

For now it's just mildly random pencil and digital sketches of varying ages and degrees of completion, but maybe eventually I'll update it with actual finished (or at least coloured) works.

Digital Shenanigans

My art styles can be a little sporadic haha

hi2005.jpg

North.jpg

SuitUp.jpg

Eagleee.jpg

Lineskadoodle.jpg

HeyTherePolearmGirl.jpg

Cromwelllines.jpg

Pencils and Erasers

MDragonMini.jpg

SwordDudeWIP.jpg

SketchDumpClump.jpg

HeyTherePolearmBoy.jpg

I just realized she has an almost identical pose to the sketch above xD

Umm-prehensive.jpg

OfGirlsandBeasts.jpg

Oooh. Really digging this thread. :3

As usual, our sensei (oops) Bugs is right - I really love how you do face:body ratios, and the crispness of your lines really lets the facial features stand out. Attention to detail is also pretty damn amazing.

Sporadic is great, though! Evidently, you're well versed in multiple styles, and it shows. :) Been awhile since we had such talent in the community. *koff* Bugs *koff* me *koff* shameless advertising.

Well then. Only one thing for me to say:

Welcome aboard The Pantheon. :)

Ohhhh myyyyyy gushhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Your proportion is sooooo gooooooddddd!! And you even kept it up with the cloth that full of awesome detail level!! I luv it!!
Ill be your fan now!!!! xDDDD
You style remind me one of the artist in DA that i know!

Edited by NH97

Easier there, Knighterious... I don't want to have to call the police again...

Very good work! May I ask what art program you are using or is this all free hand pencil sketches that you have scanned?

Thanks for all the kind words *A*

@Bugs: I'm sure you can! I've seen your art +____+

@Knight: Awweeee, I'm glad you like what I've made~

@Spectre: Ahhhh, much thanks! XDDDD

I'm glad you let a noob member like me join your ranks. I'm looking forward to it :D

@NH97: Thank you!! Wowow, their work is stunning! I'm super flattered I remind you of them *A*

@Necromedes: Oh my xDDD

I used photoshop for all the digital sketches ^w^

From what i'm seeing here it looks like YOU should be on the content team! Very nice variety but I would like to see at least one color/finished version.

From what i'm seeing here it looks like YOU should be on the content team! Very nice variety but I would like to see at least one color/finished version.

I support this! +1

@namio: Awwweeee, thank you!! >//w//<

I have no idea if I should just update my main post or make a new one sooo...
Here are some recent WIPs I have going on:

lizardo.jpg

tgsgasg.jpg

And I'm just gonna call her 'done':

guarddda_1.jpg

I always seem to start slogging around this part where it's clean-up and refinement.
My fave part of drawing is hands down the concept phase xDD

Can any of you guys relate to the struggle? What's the hardest part of the art process for you? (Or are you one of those amazing lucky ducks who never fights with their work +__+)

Edited by Sessie

Hardest part for me is hands-down the opposite. The concept phase feels boring/ slow/ tedious for me! I love just colouring/ refining the drawing.

I love tweaking it, and really feeling like i'm seeing it come together.

I like the 2nd and 3rd girl. :) The 3rd girl's hair in particular looks nice and detailed/ i love the backlighting on it. :D

Coloring is the most tedious for me, hahaha. I love it when you do blending and experimenting with shading options, though. I always believed the colors are what brings the lineart to life, even if my lineart is lively enough as it is. X3

That is some pretty shading, though. I don't quite like the spikes on the lizard dude since both the contours and the color are a little out of place, but I love how you blend lights and darks in all three pieces. Third piece, imo, is the best. Solid linework and attention to detail, and you've even nailed armor highlights. That's an instant +10 from me, haha~

Reminds me, though, I must get back to my colors when time permits. :3 This is probably the second best shading I've seen on the site so far, and coming from someone who's seen plenty of shading, I stand by what I've said. Well done, Sessie :D

@Sessie

Mannn, your proportion is really flawless! I luv to learn it from you! I really luv the 2nd pic! 

"Can any of you guys relate to the struggle? What's the hardest part of the art process for you? (Or are you one of those amazing lucky ducks who never fights with their work +__+)"

-I ALWAYS STRUGGLE! 

-LINEART! Well, not really.....but im just too lazy when it come to lineart...... THEN COLORING!

-IM NOT THE AMAZING LUCKY DUCKS WHO NEVER FIGHT WITH THEIR WORK! IM  AN AMAZING CHICKEN THAT ALWAYS RUNNING AWAY AFTER STRESSING MYSELF NOT BE ABLE TO PAINT LIKE HOW I WANT! (like giving up and open games.....and being immersed in it...huhu)

*after a million years of forgetting to reply*

@bugs Thanks! I'm trying to refine my colouring. It's been over a year since I've actually really created anything so I'm struggling to get back into it.

I think I need to rediscover a more engaging colouring style :3

@spec A man after my own heart xDDD

colours really bring pictures to life so I find I end up labouring over them for so long I kill some of the joy in the process :'D

Thanks for the feedback! A fresh pair of eyes always helps ^o^

When (if) I refine the lizard dude more, I'll keep that in mind~

@NH Awwweeee, thank you *A*

You flatter me too much haha!

My art never turns out how I want so I find most of the time I roll with it or stumble into happy accidents xDD

I also abandon ship often though haha (my computer and room is a graveyard of half baked sketches and roughs lol)

Totally relate to the game thing xDD

Ohmygosh, ohmyghosh, ohmygosh, yoursogood, yourartissogood, howareyousogood, teachmeplz.

:wub:

Lol, but seriously, this thread is fantastic! I adore the way you color, but I'm one of those people who really, really likes sketchy/concept looking stuff as much or more. No idea why, really. I guess sketches just have more freely flowing lines that get lost in the strict world of line art. Sometimes. So this thread is so up my alley!

Firstly, let me just say I praise and deeply admire your realistic style. I cannot, for the life of me, achieve a realistic face if half my soul depended on it. So when I see how your or House proportion stuff like that...it looks like magic. Your cartoony and anime styles are utterly adorable, as well! I really love the warrior in the first Pictures and Erasers post; she is so cute! I want a plushie of her~ <333

Secondly, (though it's been said) wow. Your level of detail is just...wow. I just...wow. And it's not just detail, like shading and texture and such. I mean like...you understand how things are supposed to look or be placed perspective wise. Like, when I look at your armor and weapons, they make sense; and in a way that seems so easy! (Until one tries to sit down and do it.) Even the hair piece in #4 from Digital Shenanigans--that has to be an original design--and yet it looks so authentic. It's that kind of eye I really wish I had. *mad props*

And as Latoa mentioned, if you ever would consider joining Restaff, I think I'd die of happiness. Like... :wub:

I just love this topic. Please post more! Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve! 

w...t...f...where did you come from!?

oh ho!...you are good, sessie. you are good.

i had no idea there was so much talent here on the forums.

your style closely mimics mine! (or is it the other way around XD)

we have very similar proportion and anatomy intricacies.

keep 'em comin'!