Sign in to follow this  
Noyemi

Noyemi K. Music

Hey guys, I'm the developer (writer, scripter, artist, sound effect and music composer) of Amihailu in Dreamland. The game is getting a minor soundtrack update in a bit, but in the meantime I've made some other music for fun. Here's some highlights:

The Accountant (Mitsuko Dugashoba's Theme)

The Drifter (Lizaveta Nazanyan's Theme)

Sound Source Select Theme (from the Amihailu in Dreamland Oct. 2012 Alpha) (Old Version)

I compose in a variety of styles, not just the stuff you hear in Amihailu in Dreamland.

I can also do music for your games, provided you can compensate me for the work.

Edited by Noyemi

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/fatal-crescendo-ost-flower-paradise

An orchestral track from a visual novel I'm composing for. I was a bit rusty with this style of instrumentation I think, I don't do it nearly as much as I used to. I also don't think I've done stuff in such a major key much. It does draw some inspiration from the gummi ship menu in Kingdom Hearts, though ^^

Hey, after listening to Tank Factory and a few of your other things, (which are awesome) I was wondering if I could request a track?

I'm looking for someone to make me a really kickass, upbeat (like 1/8th beat or more) electronic track that also sounds creepy or haunting. Kinda weird, but I have no musical talent, I have the feeling I'm going for, it would be for a fast paced dungeon, but I just can't do it myself :<

I'm not too particular on this, but I want it to be pleasant enough that it can play for at least 30 minutes without wearing on the player. Loud realistic sounding drums I could do without, I think. I also really like soft sounding choruses, a good example would be the vocals in the Psycho Mantis track from MGS, but if you can't include that that's fine~

Tell me what you think :3

I'd love to work on something like that, though I am facing a bit of an issue regarding the coming month as I'll be busy working on two games' audio for a game jam in march. Do you have a deadline for when the track needs to be completed?

Edit:

Today I re-did a track I made in late 2013:

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/industrial-re-do

Edited by Noyemi

Nope, I'm not in a rush, this would be for one of the last dungeons and it's going to be a while before I start actually working on it, so I'm willing to wait.

I guess sometime within the next 6 months would be cool, but take as long as you need~

Thank youuuu x3 If you need to cancel it at any point just let me know ^_^

It means a lot coming from you (really!)

Huh? Now where did that come from...? :D

Anyway, I've been going through your Soundcloud some more and, again, I enjoyed what I heard. However, there was one thing that kinda bugged me. A minor thing, though, but bugging me nevertheless. :)

There's that xylophone (or whichever mallet instrument that is) in "Flower Paradise". To me it sounds a little out of place and doesn't really fit in with the rest of the instruments. It doesn't sound as... "clean" if you know what I mean, like it doesn't belong there. Is it maybe another VSTi (set) you used as opposed to the other instruments? Just wanted to know because I really don't think it fits there well.

Edited by King Madness

It means a lot coming from you (really!)

Huh? Now where did that come from...? :D

Anyway, I've been going through your Soundcloud some more and, again, I enjoyed what I heard. However, there was one thing that kinda bugged me. A minor thing, though, but bugging me nevertheless. :)

There's that xylophone (or whichever mallet instrument that is) in "Flower Paradise". To me it sounds a little out of place and doesn't really fit in with the rest of the instruments. It doesn't sound as... "clean" if you know what I mean, like it doesn't belong there. Is it maybe another VSTi (set) you used as opposed to the other instruments? Just wanted to know because I really don't think it fits there well.

The xylophone is from a percussion kit by Cinesamples, which are the same guys I bought my winds and brass from. I think it sounds out of place from bad mixing; I used a different set of mics in the mix for those samples than I did for the winds or strings to try to make them sound a bit "wider" and it may have not been the best choice. Which is one of my only criticisms of the cinesamples stuff. Their mic streams are really difficult to mix but if you can make them work (I have had to make a few passes on the winds too!) they sound quite good. I could probably fix it by using a quiet mix of the close and spot mics and just use one of the sends for reverb mixing, since their reverb isn't all that good and using the same effect could glue the mix better.

Incidentally, Cineperc is the only library by them (that I know of) which isn't an officially licensed library for kontakt :huh:

This is good! I love it  :lol:  Very "video game"-ish and fun, I really like your "Fatal Crescendo" pieces (for what I have heard until now) but your "Farland Story 6: Dark Racing" really got me. Its the best I heard from what I have heard from you until now, mainly because of the mixing and overall production, it really sounds Pro. Also, your bass lines are really catchy and fun haha, nice nice nice  :D 

The drums in "The Cook" sound really nice, did you record that track? Nicely made drums in your musical work btw.

Success!

The drums in "The Cook" are a sample set, but trust me if I could hire a session drummer with a nice kit like that, I would. And Nyapurgisnacht, I haven't forgotten your request. I'm still busy with this month's massive commission but I'm nearly done.

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/blind-griffin-ost-tension

Here's something from this month's work. (The rest will be up in due time, don't worry.)

I have done chiptunes! Well they're not super strict on limitations like my older ones, but the effects are either very subtle shortcuts that the chip can do with an extra channel (delay), or a workaround for being unable to automate a parameter for some reason (lowpass used to stand-in for modulator attenuation):

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/biomechanical-variation-opl2adlib

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/title-opl2

And I finished Biomechanical!

I have done chiptunes! Well they're not super strict on limitations like my older ones, but the effects are either very subtle shortcuts that the chip can do with an extra channel (delay), or a workaround for being unable to automate a parameter for some reason (lowpass used to stand-in for modulator attenuation):

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/title-opl2

And I finished Biomechanical!

Warning, regular feedback incoming! ;)

As someone who has been wanting to work with chiptunes for quite some time, I must say, yours sound amazing. 

I love the Legend of Zelda vibe I get from "Title" and "Biomechanical", frankly, made me drool. I want to compose something like that too! Guess I have to go practice then. The motive you used around 1:30 and 2:17 were stuck in my head for quite some time. As for chiptune songs by Noyemi... I want MOAR! I really can't see anything I can criticize. Keep up that kind of awesome work! :)

Edited by Kaimen

Warning, regular feedback incoming! ;)

As someone who has been wanting to work with chiptunes for quite some time, I must say, yours sound amazing. 

I love the Legend of Zelda vibe I get from "Title" and "Biomechanical", frankly, made me drool. I want to compose something like that too! Guess I have to go practice then. The motive you used around 1:30 and 2:17 were stuck in my head for quite some time. As for chiptune songs by Noyemi... I want MOAR! I really can't see anything I can criticize. Keep up that kind of awesome work! :)

I'm very glad you enjoyed the chiptunes. I'm a huge fan of FM chips and I really wanted to do them justice.

Since I have a free graphics set up, I was thinking of doing a free chiptune set to go with it. I'm not sure I'll have the free time so Patreon might be involved, do you think anyone would be keen to kick in a few bucks to get delivered FM goodness anyone can use?

Edited by Noyemi

There's a multi-chip engine and MML compiler called SiON you can find online. MMLtalks and VisualMML are two sites that seem to run it best. I decided to take another crack at it and make something for YM2203:

Sound familiar?

I also did The Accountant!

Edited by Noyemi

A couple of days ago I expanded my MML catalogue a bit with some more YM2203 chiptunes. A full 2/3 of the OPN stuff on MMLTalks is my work now. I rendered "The Professor" to mp3 and posted it to soundcloud too:

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/the-professor-opn

This is the MMLTalks page for this track, so you can see the score and notes.

And this is Delmun Night, my most popular track on the site

Hey folks, I'm back from a bit of a communication/self-improvement Hiatus I began in June. Since then I've actually picked up some professional music work and learned a bit of new (old!) tech for making chiptunes. For my PC-88/98 stuff, I now use the PMD drivers, which will actually function on the real hardware. At any rate, check out the new stuff:

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/locked-souls-ost-bgm05-unused-variant

https://soundcloud.com/mishkahd/locked-souls-special-track-x

Some music for Hell Diary, written and compiled to PMD format.