Sign in to follow this  
slaleky

sfx/music Composer and Sound Designer

Hi everyone,

My name is Alec and I'm a freelance composer and sound designer. I've worked on a few games around the place but am always looking for more :). I've had a lot of experience composing and creating sounds of all different kinds and am particularly fond of working on RPG titles. I also have a lot of voice acting contacts as well as having some experience myself and can organise all the voice acting you may need for you game if you so desire.

You can find my demo reel here: 

in which I created all music and sound effects, and all voice acting was either performed by me or voice acting contacts of mine.

You can also find various short tracks I've created here: https://soundcloud.com/alecshea all of which are non-exclusively for sale, if you so desire.

My rate is $30/hr however, if you can't afford to pay an upfront deposit and completion payment, feel free to contact me and we can discuss rev share or if you're creating a freeware product then I'm sure we can work something that leaves us both happy :).

You can contact me here or preferably at my email: alecs971@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you! :D

Thanks,

Alec

Edited by slaleky

VERY NICE. The voice of the "Sheriff" character could have use a little more gruff in his voice, in my opinion but all in all, this was an excellent reel!

Keep up the good work!

I'm honestly surprised how many professionals we get here recently. Wonderful thing for us amateurs who can maybe learn a thing or two and wonderful for game makers who have access to high-quality work. Generous of you to make your talent and resources available to the community. :)
Oh, and by the way, if you need any reinforcements on voice acting - I'd be available. I don't have much of a portfolio, though. I just want to get in touch with some VAs and learn something. ^_^

Great to have you here! 

Thanks! For sure, feel free to send me through an email at alecs971@gmail.com or add me on skype: alec.is.the.arsonist and if you have any examples of your voice send them, so if something comes up I'll know if you're suited :)

I'm honestly surprised how many professionals we get here recently. Wonderful thing for us amateurs who can maybe learn a thing or two and wonderful for game makers who have access to high-quality work. Generous of you to make your talent and resources available to the community. :)

Oh, and by the way, if you need any reinforcements on voice acting - I'd be available. I don't have much of a portfolio, though. I just want to get in touch with some VAs and learn something. ^_^

Great to have you here! 

Oh yeah, I completely agree. I mean, we have had several voice actors popping up recently, then you have artists like Hirei, who's art looks like it belongs in a Square Enix or Studio Alex game. We're all lucky to have access to such excellent talent.

Studio Alex is the long dead company that produced the Lunar series. Sadly, they closed down after Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete and someone else bought the rights to the franchise, which in turn ruined it when they released Silver Star Story on the DS (RANCID PIECE OF...!) anyway... And they also released another game in the series following up Eternal Blue but I hear that it was atrocious...

If you haven't played them, I HIGHLY recommend them! Those two, Star Ocean and Legend of Dragon are just a few of the must plays of the old gen PS rpg's.

But look at me ramble on... I apologize for that.