Sign in to follow this  
doorstuck

Adjustable fullscreen

Introduction
As you know we are limited to 640px on width, so let's get the best out of it. This script will find the best resolution that will suite your monitor, will make your game fullscreen without stretching it. Very small black bars are expected at the top and bottom but they should be almost not noticeable.

Script Usage
Just paste it anywhere before Main.

Link

Adjustable fullscreen

Please feel free to use it whenever you want, just add me to the credits.

Hope you like it!

IMPORTANT

You'll need to launch a game in a windowed mode for the script to run properly. It does not work well with rpg maker's fullscreen as of now.

Edited by doorstuck

Any way of making this optional? If I try to revert back to the normal window size, it just makes the game inside of the full screen smaller, which looks weird at best. Also, I can't seem to switch back to it. 

Digging the looks of this though!

This script does/changes nothing for me by default and after pressing alt + enter my screen goes to full-white(returned to normal after pressing thoses keys again). Tested both verisons with many other scripts in resolution 640x480 and full-screen on start in test mode.

Hey I noticed that if you select Launch in FullScreen in Game tab, when you press alt+enter it will go to windowed mode however the fullscreen mode is a strechted full screen. But if you do not select Launch in FullScreen it will go in fullscreen properly but will not be able to go to windowed mode when you press alt+enter.

I checked your script in fresh project -  effect is that same. In fullscreen mode after pressing alt + enter my screen is full-white. In window mode script runs fine, after pressing alt+ enter it goes to full screen(normal-without script) but one more time pressing those buttons display white screen again -  it makes impossible to correct toggle between those effects.

So in both cases it allows me to toggle between full-white screen and normal full-screen mode.

Edited by Player One

Thanks for replies, HansNery and Player One!

It seems that I need to intercept alt+enter combination and change it to a new behaviour (resizer.adjustableFullscreen and resizer.backToWindowed respectively), however I was not able to find how to do that.

If you have any clue on and if you know how to detect if it is a fullscreen already (as launched with fullscreen from PRG Maker), please let me know.

For now it is going to work only if launched in non-fullscreen modeand alt+enter would just screw it up.