Haze

Regenerate 1% of HP every 2 to 3 seconds

I need to know how I can have my players regenerate health in and out of combat, every 2 or 3 seconds. I can't figure out how to do it, just by HP points, not percentages.

Well, I'm not sure either how to do it but I'm sure it'll have something to do with scripts.

I did find this: http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/Traits

And it's an Ex-Parameter you can set...but since I haven't played with THAT particular trait I don't know. XD

I also googlied this: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/20164-changing-how-hp-regeneration-functions/

I'm not sure if health regen is treated the same way as mana regen, but I achieved passive mana regen by setting the Ex-parameter MRG to 2% as a class feature. I would THINK it does the same thing with HRG, but I'm not sure.

post-53178-0-33511800-1425168039_thumb.png

I'm not sure if health regen is treated the same way as mana regen, but I achieved passive mana regen by setting the Ex-parameter MRG to 2% as a class feature. I would THINK it does the same thing with HRG, but I'm not sure.

Doesn't work :/

Well I happen to know that it works during a battle process. But you want something that will act like health regen outside of combat I suppose.

How about a Common Event?

POST EDIT:

I understand you want the regen to work by %. This could be figured out if the common event idea works for you.

post-53178-0-37602900-1425170061_thumb.png

Edited by StrayBalloon

Well I happen to know that it works during a battle process. But you want something that will act like health regen outside of combat I suppose.

How about a Common Event?

POST EDIT:

I understand you want the regen to work by %. This could be figured out if the common event idea works for you.

Common event works fine, I just can't figure out how to turn it into a percentage.

I have an idea.  How many characters will be in your games' party?

Depends on the instance.

Usually just yourself. If you enter a dungeon, 4 others.

Will need testing, but I think this *should* do something close to it.  Just have the switch for the common event turn on at the start of the game.

post-53440-0-74856300-1425174559_thumb.png

Edited to fix my error in the event.

Edited by Chareu

Will need testing, but I think this *should* do something close to it.  Just have the switch for the common event turn on at the start of the game.

attachicon.gifHP_Regen.png

Edited to fix my error in the event.

I see your picture, but in all honesty im not sure how you set it up. Mind explaining?

All right.  I had something typed out, but then accidentally closed the page. I'll just make a quicker explanation.  Also, since I had to look at it again, I realized I made a mistake and it would only heal based on his original max hp.  I changed it so it should always heal based on his current max hp.

post-53440-0-64192500-1425176924_thumb.png

The first thing we need to do is to create a loop and then add what we want to constantly occur within it.

The first line you add is a new variable and name it something you can recognize (mine is Eric's HP Regen).  Then we choose game data.

post-53440-0-37231200-1425176140_thumb.png

Then we set that variable to reflect his max hp (mhp= max hp).

post-53440-0-24938100-1425176214_thumb.png

Then in line 2, we change that value to 1% of his max hp by dividing the original variable by 100.

post-53440-0-76905500-1425176439_thumb.png

The wait 120 frames makes it so that it takes 2 seconds for the actions to repeat.  1 second equals 60 frames.

Then we add the change HP function to the event and choose to the change it based on a variable.

post-53440-0-45448100-1425176728_thumb.png

By using our variable we added in the beginning of the loop, it is now telling the event to increase Eric's HP every 2 seconds based on his max hp.  By placing the two parts that change the variable into the loop, it will constantly update the variable to reflect his current max hp.

If there is anything I didn't explain enough, feel free to let me know.  Also as I said before, I haven't tested it.

All right.  I had something typed out, but then accidentally closed the page. I'll just make a quicker explanation.  Also, since I had to look at it again, I realized I made a mistake and it would only heal based on his original max hp.  I changed it so it should always heal based on his current max hp.

attachicon.gifHP_Regen_6.png

The first thing we need to do is to create a loop and then add what we want to constantly occur within it.

The first line you add is a new variable and name it something you can recognize (mine is Eric's HP Regen).  Then we choose game data.

attachicon.gifHP_Regen_1.png

Then we set that variable to reflect his max hp (mhp= max hp).

attachicon.gifHP_Regen_2.png

Then in line 2, we change that value to 1% of his max hp by dividing the original variable by 100.

attachicon.gifHP_Regen_3.png

The wait 120 frames makes it so that it takes 2 seconds for the actions to repeat.  1 second equals 60 frames.

Then we add the change HP function to the event and choose to the change it based on a variable.

attachicon.gifHP_Regen_5.png

By using our variable we added in the beginning of the loop, it is now telling the event to increase Eric's HP every 2 seconds based on his max hp.  By placing the two parts that change the variable into the loop, it will constantly update the variable to reflect his current max hp.

If there is anything I didn't explain enough, feel free to let me know.  Also as I said before, I haven't tested it.

That works! Thank you!

Edit:

Although, im trying to use the same theory to work with mana, though it isn't working.

Edit 2:

Jk, set them as the same variable by accident. Works fine :) Can be closed as solved.

Edited by Haze