Sign in to follow this  
charlesthehurst

Charlesthehurst's Mechanics Demo

DEMO LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ln0ncans8jz64n6/AAD8rO45tFPydaaDKkiiOWE5a?dl=0

This is a demo that I will hopefully add onto in the future, but I will go ahead and post what I have now so far.

This demo includes 10 or so mechanics using the engine.  Some are puzzle mechanics, some are system mechanics.  There is at least one that is just a basic mechanic that can be used and expanded upon.

At the top left corner of each map there is a Comment event that gives a brief description of what the events are all doing.

Please look at each event on the map to see how they were setup.

Included in the database is 50 pre-made animations for use with skills items or whatever else you want.  These animations use only the basic RTP graphics.  Several are repeats of similar concepts.  Feel free to use as you see fit.

There is an event graphic I created for use with one of the event demos.  Feel free to use this graphic with credit to me.  You will be able to find it in my resource thread.

If you have any questions regarding the demo, feel free to comment below.

BONUS Tutorial:

Instead of using the resource manager, you can directly import graphics into your project by copy and pasting them into the correct folder in you Game Project's graphics folder.  This allows you to bypass picking a transparent color.  

The only issue that I have encountered with pasting files directly into folders is that you can't delete them from within the resource manager, which can be a little troublesome.

Instead of using the resource manager, you can directly import graphics into your project by copy and pasting them into the correct folder in you Game Project's graphics folder.  This allows you to bypass picking a transparent color.  

I find I do this more so for music; much quicker, especially with resources you know already have had their transparencies configured. Nice job with this, it's been awhile since I've seen event-related demos.

I was playing around with your water drain, and the thing with Ace is you can control whether a normal, white, or no fade occurs with transfers. So it got me thinking of a cool way to show the water draining.

Keep your initial map as the setup, turn the no fade on with the transfer, transfer to a map where the water is one tile lower across the map than what it is, and then do an auto-event to transfer (again with no fade selected) to the final map with the water drained.

I actually had thought about doing that for the original Water drain event.  But I decided to keep it simple.  Most of the events I made for this demo are meant to be examples of what can become very elaborate puzzles.