radiantcross13

Resetting Self-Switches A only

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to reset only self switches A. I am already aware of this script call ($game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new) to reset all self-switches but if I could reset only self-switches A (or any specific letter self-switch for that matter) that would make my day.

Yes, it would be for all events across all maps, if possible.

Actually, I use a random, respawnable loot system so prefer using self switches and resetting them so I can quickly copy/paste loot events without having to change switches IDs for each (there are lots of loot spots).

But I figured it would save me time if I could do that with with the self-switches A and still use other self-switches (B, C, D) for one-time events that I don't want repeated instead of using regular switches.

This is what I'll do if I can't reset self-switches A without resetting other self-switches. But using self-switches would save me time and tedium.

Sorry If that wasn't clear. I hope it's more understandable now...

How about you just use one global switch?  And set up a page on each loot spot that turns Self Switch A off when the page is triggered by the global switch in question?  Would that work?

Edit: Shoot, never mind.  I don't know why I thought it would work.

Edited by devonm0

Just go through all of the self-switch entries looking for a specific letter and then turn them off

class Game_SelfSwitches
  def bulk_set(letter, state)
    switches = @data.keys.select {|data| p data; data[2] == letter }
    switches.each {|key| self[key] = state }
  end
end

class Game_Interpreter
  def bulk_self_switch(letter, state)
    $game_self_switches.bulk_set(letter, state)
  end
end
Usage: script call

bulk_self_switch("A", false)
This is only useful for turning off self-switches that are already turned on because switches that have not been changed yet will not exist in the data.

Woah, it works! You just saved me a whole lot of time Tsukihime! Thanks a lot!

Oh, and it doesn't matter that switches that have not been changed already won't be affected, I really just need to turn OFF those that were turned ON in the first place.

That way I can use self-switch A, B and C for my loot system (I have randomly locked doors and chests that use all 3) and still use self-switch D for one-time event. When you exit the dungeon I just turn OFF all self-switches A, B and C through the script call (which I'll do with a common event) and leave self-switches D as is. That way all random loots respawn and one-time/story events won't!

Thanks again, I really mean it!