Saltwater Croc

audio Iron Croc Music Fortress

CURRENT STATUS: CLOSED

I am a freelance composer.  I come from a long line of musicians, both my grandfathers played music by ear. My paternal grandfather could play any instrument he touched. Except for the piano. My maternal grandfather could play one instrument only. By ear. Guess what it was?
That's right, the piano!

All my life, music has been a huge part of me. From the very first time I listened to beloved video game music from Super Mario Bros 3 from the NES, I was hooked.
I have roughly 9 years of musical composing experience. I specialize in adventure and RPG type game soundtracks. Some of my greatest inspirations/influences are Lamb (As in "I will Talk to my Brothers" ) Koji Kondo (Mario, Zelda) , Jun Ishikawa (Kirby) Nobuo Uematsu, Loreena McKennitt, Aivi Tran, and Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Thank you for your interest in commissioning me.
Here is a preview of my work.

https://soundcloud.com/simondlseamusic/portfolio-demo

Rates

• Non-Commercial and Commercial: $30 per finished minute.
    PIPE ORGAN SOLOS **  $45 per finished minute.

The Deathswallow Virtual Organ has FIVE MANUALS with string pipes, reed pipes, brass pipes, standard pipes, swells, and big, huge bass pipes. The organ can crescendo and decrescendo. It can sound as big as a great beast, or as tiny as a little butterfly.

** Pipe Organ Solos will allow you up to two additional instruments, except the Piano.

Terms and Usage

• I accept PAYPAL ONLY.
  • All prices are in $USD.
  • RUSH ORDERS (Less than 7 days) WILL BE DOUBLE THE PRICE.
    Please note: Client is expected to pay ALL transaction fees (which are a percentage of the final price)
    Only one track per order at a time. (This may change as you grow to be a regular client.)
  • Please provide a minimum of two (2) visual references.
  • Please describe in detail what you want your piece to sound like. Please try to avoid direct soundalikes. While I understand that most music is inspired by other music, try to be original! (Example: Instruments desired, general emotions/feelings sought-after)
  • Please be aware that if we work together long-term on a single project, you may need to be willing to reveal plot points if necessary, including spoilers. I operate on an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement: I will not discuss your project(s) to other people. )
  • Client must read , acknowledge and agree to all terms of usage before the process begins. Please acknowledge this in an email along with your order.
  • I compose for original projects only. No fan project requests, please.
  • Client will receive track upon FULL PAYMENT for TRACK.

USAGE:
Upon use of my services, you, the client agree that

• I, the composer, will retain all rights to any music I compose for you. (Licensing is currently unavailable.)
  • I may use any music I compose for you in my professional portfolio AND across social media sites. (However, I will never use client music in my personal projects.)
  • You, the client, have exclusive right to USE whatever I compose for you; no one else may use it.
  • You credit me in-game as well as outside of game as: Simon S. De La Cruz
  • That you please spread the word if you are satisfied with your results. (Also give me a like on Facebook! Follow on twitter)
  • You are entitled to ONE (1) major edit free of charge. Any major edits past that will result in a 50% additional fee of final composition time. BE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT CHANGED, PLEASE!

FOR COMMERCIAL PROJECT CLIENTS
The above agreements apply, PLUS

• You send me one free copy of your completed game, app, or merchandise, as it appears in-store.

If you would like music for your commercial game to stay under wraps until a certain date, we can work something out.  (Commercial clients ONLY)f
FOR ALL CLIENTS:

When music is completed, you will be able to listen to it as a preview. The preview will be of very low quality and will have audio watermarks all throughout.

Once payment is received, you will receive your track in  .WAV file and .OGG format (programmed to loop!) MP3 format files are not available.

• Requests will be fulfilled in the order they are received.
  • ATTENTION DEVELOPERS: I DO NOT LOOP MUSIC FOR NON-RM GAMES. If you are developing a non-RM video game and want a looping track to have an intro, you will have to do the programming yourself!
  • Music usually typically takes one week* from time commission has started to complete one track. Complicated requests or insufficient information may result in music taking in excess of two weeks to complete one track. ( *Not counting time to redo major edit requests.)
  • You will receive notification via eMail and/or PM once your commission started.
  • I do not do covers of existing pieces or songs from video games, programs, apps, or shows.

Client must read, acknowledge,  and agree to all terms of usage before the process begins. Please acknowledge this in an email along with your order.

Business contact (eMail preferred)

dlseastudios@gmail.com

Thank you for reading! I look forward to doing business with you.

Edited by Saltwater Croc

I removed the "I may end our agreement at anytime" clause, because that's not very fair is it...

Much of this business relies on a sense of trust and good faith... :)

Also, NEW EXAMPLES OF MUSIC

https://soundcloud.com/dlsea/our-desert-gem-alternate

https://soundcloud.com/dlsea/tale-of-the-cursed-lantern-new-castle-crawl

https://soundcloud.com/dlsea/endless-saunter

Updated OP to include transaction fees.

EDIT 7/26

Updated Transaction protocols. You will be able to fully hear your music and give feedback. MP3 files are no longer available.

Edited by Iron Croc

Based on Iron Croc's work in his project "Tale of the Cursed Lantern" which I have been following for a while, I was very interested in the style of music he was capable of composing. I had heard his earlier work in the project and compared it to the revisions he made which turned out fantastic.

I recently had Croc do a commission for me and it turned out great. He was very capable of making specific changes to the track based on my needs and completed the track very quickly.

If you're unfamiliar with his work and are considering hiring for a commission then I'd recommend checking out his work on his Soundcloud page.  thumbsup-right.gif  thumbsup-left.gif

UPDATE TO TERMS:  Updated my terms.  This was understood at one point but I need to make this clear for the record.

I will not compose orchestral (full orchestra) music as that is simply beyond my power at this time.

Music usually takes one week to complete FROM THE TIME I START WORKING ON YOUR COMMISSIONS. Commissions are fulfilled in the order they are received. 

Thank you, Lonequeso, for the high compliment.  :)

MUSIC news! 

My music has officially leveled up.  This here is only a taste of what is to come as I learn more and more with each and every track I do.

https://soundcloud.com/simondlseamusic/wingover

Edited by Iron Croc

Very Interesting. I've been thinking of hiring a voice actor for my game, and If i do, it will most likely be you.  I'll PM you if I find the time and money, but my budget is tight right now, so It might take a while.

Edited by Retnuh

@Retnuh awesome.

I bring more music, ladies and gentlemen.

My portfolio preview for my music. Showcasing all the styles I do.
If you or someone you know need a composer, bring 'em my way! I crank out some of the best tunes this side of the Mississippi, if I do say so myself.
(Also fair warning, I may soon close down my voice part of the shop... so ome and git it while the gittin's good!)

https://soundcloud.com/simondlseamusic/portfolio-preview-simon-de-la-cruz

Edited by Saltwater Croc

I'm BACK, baby! And better than ever.

At this time, I only do MUSIC commissions.

Prices have raised a little bit.

Here's something for a repeat client. You cold score music like this, too!

https://soundcloud.com/simondlseamusic/8th-sin-boss-battle-theme-clad-in-sin

Edited by Saltwater Croc

POLICY HAS BEEN MODIFIED:

• You are entitled to ONE (1) major edit free of charge. Any major edits past that will result in a 50% additional fee of final composition time. BE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT CHANGED, PLEASE!

Back in business!!  

Get your music while its hot! I always push myself to be the best, and to crank out the very best music... And you reap the benefits.

Recent pieces:

https://soundcloud.com/simondlseamusic/this-wont-hurt-a-bit

https://soundcloud.com/simondlseamusic/punk-rock-type-intro-old-demo

Simple and energetic! I like it! 

At first I was wondering what are the random noises in background, but it was just the 'watermark'. :D

Cool. Thanks.  I'm always accepting commissions, so feel free to send people my way. :)