clstn Achievement System

Author: Calestian

Name: Achievement System

Version: 1.4

Features:

•  Achievement Categories
  •  Locked Achievements (Prerequisites)
  •  Completed Achievements (Colored)
  •  Achievement Rewards (Titles yet to be implemented)
  •  Achievement Point Rewards
  •  Achievement Information
  •  Achievement Notifications (Completed | Unlocked | Achievement Points Reached)

Setup Instructions in the Script.

How to use:

gain_achievement(amount, index) -> Increase Progression by amount, index taken from Achievements hash in module

lose_achievement(amount, index) -> Decrease Progression by amount, index taken from Achievements hash in module

set_achievement(amount, index) -> Set Progression to amount, index taken from Achievements hash in module

gain_achievement_points(amount) -> Increase Achievement Points by amount

lose_achievement_points(amount) -> Decrease Achievement Points by amount

set_achievement_points(amount) -> Set Achievement Points to amount

Conditional Branches:

achievement_name(index) -> Returns the name of the Achievement #Index

achievement_item(index) -> Returns the Item Reward of Achievement #index

achievement_gold(index) -> Returns the Gold Reward of Achievement #index

achievement_points -> Returns the Achievement Points Reward of Achievement #index

achievement_title(index) -> Returns the Title Reward of Achievement #index

achievement_repeated(index) -> Returns how many times Achievement #index has been repeated

achievement_progress(index) -> Returns the current progress of Achievement #index

achievement_status(index) -> Returns current status of Achievement #index - :Unlocked | :Locked | :Completed

party_achievement_points -> Returns Party's Achievement Points

Categories:

DbXQIUS.png?1

Achievements:

upAX31x.png?1

Notifications:

Zqh5Los.png?1

eZDJQ8N.png?1

YIPO3AF.png?1

Edited by Calestian

Very nice work...but there is an error.. When an achievement is unlocked, after the notifications, if i open the main menu and then close it an error report comes saying "Script 'Window_Base' line 84: RGSSError occured. disposed window.

I tried to unlock the very 1st achievement in Category - General - Be Awesome. All goes well, it unlocks, notification comes saying "achievement completed", "achievement unlocked" and then when ever i try to open menu and close it the error report comes..

I don't know what's the matter, so Please fix it...  :(

is there any chance to setup the â€‹prerequisites for achievement.

Like need tier 3 from Treasure Hunt achievement to unlock it.  

At the moment Prerequisites take only another achievement index as a valid value.

Eg. Achievement #2 has prerequisite Achievement #1.

If you want something like tiers as prerequisites I can make a modification, but that will be during the weekend.

I think the requirements with tier is good. Thank you

I will make it an option in the Module, having Requirements as Tiers or entire Achievements, i ll have that ready by wednesday, Thursday tops. I need to finish another project first ;/

I tried it and it is working very fine..except 1 error which i fixed for myself, and that is 2nd achievement. After getting the 1st one it unlocks the 2nd one.. and after that when i try to get the 2nd one it shows up an error message which is very simple to fix..That is about the "locked achievements Title". In the module it does have the title name, but when i gave it a title name in the module it worked just smooth...

Well, that doesn't bother me. I like the script too much. I always wanted a Categorized Trophy Scene script, until now there was only one script, Yeah that;s right, the Achievement Script by CSCA.. But now u just made my dream come true.. This one has more customization options. Very good work.. Keep the hits coming..

As per my opinion, this script needs only one more thing and that is a sound effect, u know what i mean, play a notification sound when an achievement is gotten or unlocked.. 

v1.3 Added Notification Sound - Updated Prerequisites

:Prerequisite => :none -> Unlocked by default
:Prerequisite => [AchievementIndex, TimesRepeated, Objective] 
e.g [0, 3, 50] -> Unlock when Achievement #0 has been repeated 3 times and it's current progress reaches 50
Edited by Calestian

As i can see you have added 5 updates in this script, so i'm here with a request to make update no.6...  :) 

Add an additional feature that changes the achievement icon when the achievement is completed..means an achievement icon changes after completing it.

(Note: I do not mean category icon, but the Icons of achievements inside the categories).

You used the color changing system which turn the achievement name color into yellow from white when it is completed.. How about icon preference?

Edit: Also it will be greater if you implement an icon preference with Locked achievements. which means locked achievements will have different icon, when it is unlocked the icon changes, and when it is completed the icon changes as well.

Edited by RupamOntherocks

Done.

There is Achievement_Unlocked_Icon, Achievement_Completed_Icon and Achievement_Locked_Icon.

There is also a new variable, Achievement_Display

Achievement_Display = :Color -> Gold color when achievement completed - Icon used is Achievement_Unlocked_Icon
Achievement_Display = :Icon  -> Icons change depending on status (Locked, Unlocked, Completed) 
Achievement_Display = :Both  -> Both of the above
Edited by Calestian

Umm you know. You probably need to ensure that the script is bug free cuz when I view the achievement screen it doesn't display total AP (Achievement Points) and just showing the icons.

It does display everything on my game. Could you please provide me with a screenshot or something?

I do some light testing before i post an update, but I can't check for every possible bug every single time.

Sometimes bugs just don't get noticed, that's why I'm posting the script here, so you guys can give me a heads up of any possible bugs to fix.

Could you please post the script as you have edited it in a pastebin? I can't presume to get my client to produce the exact same thing. AP works just fine for me.

Edit: I will look into it someday tomorrow, in the meanwhile, post the script please.

Edited by Calestian