Vlue

Basic Game Time + Night/Day

Awesome script, Vlue! I'm really enjoying the light tint when the time changes.

I'm not very good at scripting code, and although I've managed to set the starting time to 9:00AM, I haven't been able to get the game to start with the clock inactive. The effect that I'm looking for is that the player starts without the clock, and an NPC after the first cutscene tells him to turn on his watch via the Ctrl key (I rebound it from Shift). Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by Xytherior

Can go down to line 196 and change it from

self.visible = whatever

into:

self.visible = false

and then the clock wont show right away!

• Like 1

How do I change the time the game starts with?

I want to be 9:00 AM instead of 12:00 AM.

How do I change the time the game starts with?

I want to be 9:00 AM instead of 12:00 AM.

Just change the 0 on line 89 to the minute of the day you want to start out at (540 is 9am)

I am newer to rpg maker vx ace. I have learned a lot in last couple days and am starting to get the hand of the scripts people have made. However...I cannot figure out how to create an event that only works during certain hours of this script. I have tried everything that was posted on the first couple pages of this forum but to no avail. Help please? Thanks!

The easiest method would be using a script that gives you more control over event pages... like this one: http://pastebin.com/e7B2zddW

With that script, you could put say... a comment on one page that says:

SC: if GameTime.hour? >= 5 and GameTime.hour? < 17

and that particular page will only be valid if the time is between 5am and 5pm, as well as whatever is set on the actual conditions.

• Like 1

Best script ever btw! quick question.

I have thish clock in menu blurb and i would like to resize the text inside the box. how would I do this?

class Scene_Menu
  alias gt_init start
  alias gt_update update
  def start
        gt_init
        @gametimeclock = GameTime::Window_Clock.new
        @gametimeclock.x = 40
        @gametimeclock.y = 296
        @gametimeclock.width = 160
        @gametimeclock.height = 40
        @gametimeclock
      end
  def update
        gt_update
        @gametimeclock.update
  end
end 

I really like how simple the basic one is and don't need all the features of the advance game time script. :)

Thanks!

-T

Edited by trogador2005

can add the line

@gametimeclock.contents.font.size = 18

below the height line, and change 18 to whatever size you want and that should work.

That worked perfectly Vlue! Thank you! But now it thinks the contents of the window are bigger or something, and the text is off center. heres a pic.

post-15697-0-64927100-1403031492_thumb.png

How could I center the text and get rid of the scroll arrows?

Thanks again!

If you made the text bigger, you'll have to make the window bigger too.

The lines that read @gametimeclock.width and @gametimeclock.height

Edited by Vlue

I actually made the text smaller so maybe the scroll arrows would go away. I have to make the box 175x60 to make the scroll arrows go away.

I need the box to be 160x40 and then text fits inside that size box, but for some reason it shows scroll arrows in the box like in the picture I uploaded.

Thank you again for your help Vlue!

EDIT: I figured it out! I was able to move the text where I wanted using the @gametimeclock.padding and then just used @gametimeclock.arrows_visible = false to kill the arrows!

Edited by trogador2005

Hey, great script!

I'm having an issue with the way the script reacts to regular game tinting however.

Is it possible to tint a map tagged with 'Notint' manually? (I have a basement that I want to be dark all the time, so I put Notint, but now I need to tint it dark, and it won't tint because of the Notint tag...)

How can I work around that?

If you do a script call: GameTime.pause_tint(true)

before the set tint command, it should work. Then a: GameTime.pause_tint(false)

when you leave the map to resume tinting.

If you do a script call: GameTime.pause_tint(true)

before the set tint command, it should work. Then a: GameTime.pause_tint(false)

when you leave the map to resume tinting.

Thanks for the response. I tried what you suggested, calling that script command on the map before I tinted the map, but the tint still didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I was able to make it work by tagging the map with 'notint' as well. Thanks for your help!

Edited by fargone

I have something here, works fine but this happened

when I go to an Indoor map(night time)(e.g Bedroom) the tint is also dark then I include that map in the NOTINMAPS option works fine but when I go on the exterior map again(still night time) the tint remains normal and not dark

And the exterior maps was tinted before you entered the interior map, then when you leave again it's gone?

Hey, Vlue, love this script, it's excellent.

I only have 1 question.

Is there a way to disable the clock window at the start of the game?

I have the GameTime::clock(false) script entry on an auto run at the very beginning of my intro map, but I still see the window for a second before it is removed.  If I set use clock option in the script to false, I can't seem to turn it back on with a script call.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, Vlue, love this script, it's excellent.

I only have 1 question.

Is there a way to disable the clock window at the start of the game?

I have the GameTime::clock(false) script entry on an auto run at the very beginning of my intro map, but I still see the window for a second before it is removed.  If I set use clock option in the script to false, I can't seem to turn it back on with a script call.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This has been answered a few times, and the first answer is on the second page of the thread. :) But, here is what Vlue had to say below:

right below "@gametimeclock = GameTime::Window_Clock.new if USE_CLOCK") this line:

@gametimeclock.visible = false if USE_CLOCK

• Like 1

Yep, now I am and look like a total jerk for skipping to the end to ask a question instead of reading a few pages.

Works perfectly.

Thanks Thantis! (and Vlue for making this awesome script to begin with)

Edited by Wren
  • Like 2

Yep, now I am and look like a total jerk for skipping to the end to ask a question instead of reading a few pages.

Works perfectly.

Thanks Thantis! (and Vlue for making this awesome script to begin with)

Nah, it's OK. Vlue doesn't seem to mind answering, and I don't think its a big deal - It was meant more as a reference since I didn't directly copy/paste his reply.

You use the map id's (minus the zeros, so if the map id is displayed as 002, then you use 2) seperated by commas. For example, notints on maps 5, 6, and 37 would be:

NOTINTMAPS = [5,6,37]

Lol thank you, I am so stupid. I should have thought of trying that. I tried everything from MAP003 to just 003 but i didn't think to remove the 0's. Once again thank you!

Hello Vlue,

Love your script! Really appreciate the day and night cycles you made, but I have a question concerning Khas Awesome Light Effect. When I use Khas ALE, it overrides the tints you set up for evening and nights (like the natural colors you had it at). How am I able to fix the tine so its set to what you had the daytime tints at before I put the script in?

Edited by Yoru no Sakka