Vlue

Basic Climate System

Basic Climate System v2.1

By V.M.

Introduction

Provides a basic weather system that will randomly rain or storm. Random weather, woot! Also a few functions for use as well.

Features

- Random weather system that provides rain or storms or neither

How to Use

Plug and play and customize as needed.

Script

Convenient Pastebin: Here

Care to go the extra mile? Use this link instead: Here

FAQ

None at the moment.

Credit and Thanks

- By V.M. of D.T.

- Free to use in any project with credit given

Author's Notes

Spelt supress wrong the entire time writing this.

History:

Version 2.1 - Fixed bug with weather playing where it shouldn't... again...

Version 2.0 - Rewritten

Version 1.3 - Fixed bug where weather would play on indoor maps anyways just to spite you

Version 1.2 - Fixed Bug where BGS would not replay after battle

Version 1.1 - Added custom BGS for inside and outside maps.

Edited by Vlue

There's setup like this :

#Map Ids of SNOWYMAPS = Maps with snow instead of rain
 #	 INDOORMAPS   = Maps with no weather effect yet BGS
 #	 INDOORMAPSNS = Maps with no weather effect and no BGS
 SNOWYMAPS = [0]
 INDOORMAPS = [0]
 INDOORMAPSNS = [0]

Please read the instructions and you get your answer :D

You put the ID numbers of the maps in between those brackets.

SNOWYMAPS means those maps will snow instead of rain

INDOORMAPS means there will be no rain inside those maps, but there will be the sound of it

INDOORMAPSNS means there will be no rain and no sound inside those maps

You put the ids in like this: [45, 56, 76, 12]

Each one followed by a comma.

An example would have one line looking like this:

INDOORMAPS = [1, 12, 34, 35, 36, 37]

I keep receiving this error whenever I enter "009" or "008" in SNOWYMAPS. Oddly, it worked fine when I just use 016. But an octal digit is anything from 0 to 7 so I guess that's why. But what the hell does it mean by "invalid octal digit" I wonder...

post-3572-0-10773600-1336232367_thumb.png

Now I'm really confused. I was having this same problem with your Basic Time System, I decided to drop all of the zeroes and just enter normal numbers... and it's working. What...?

Edited by Niko Jose DelValle

Well! That's because map id's don't have zero's in them! It's shown as that in the editor and the data files for organization ease, I guess. That's all :D

Well, anyways, this script mostly works fine. But I'm having problems with weather initiating regardless of the ID's defined in "INSIDEMAPS" and "INSIDEMAPSNS"

I will think it's working for a bit, but then it starts raining indoors, -.-

Well, anyways, this script mostly works fine. But I'm having problems with weather initiating regardless of the ID's defined in "INSIDEMAPS" and "INSIDEMAPSNS"

I will think it's working for a bit, but then it starts raining indoors, -.-

That's odd... I can't make it not work for me... Any more details of what happens when it happens?

Well, I was just playing right now. The map is clearly defined in SNOWYMAPS: [16, 9, 8], the map was 009, and it started raining.

I was playing a Volcano map set to INSIDEMAPSNS as map 6, and it started raining after a few steps. Same with map 3, where it starts raining behind my introduction slideshow. I'll post screens.

Problem is, and the bizarre thing, is that sometimes it wants to work, and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyways.

post-3572-0-92370600-1336262890_thumb.png

Well, I was just playing right now. The map is clearly defined in SNOWYMAPS: [16, 9, 8], the map was 009, and it started raining.

I was playing a Volcano map set to INSIDEMAPSNS as map 6, and it started raining after a few steps. Same with map 3, where it starts raining behind my introduction slideshow. I'll post screens.

Problem is, and the bizarre thing, is that sometimes it wants to work, and sometimes it doesn't.

Seriously bizarre! Still no clue... Hrm, try and order them numerically! (Looking back at this script I really need to rewrite it, it's messy x.x)

lol, okay. I'll make sure to tell you if it goes haywire again.

It went haywire again. As you can see here, it is raining. Look within the red circle, that's the map that's loaded up in test play.

post-3572-0-75222800-1336277337_thumb.png

As you can see here, it is clearly defined in the script INSIDEMAPNS. So, that obviously shouldn't be happening.

post-3572-0-04265500-1336277380_thumb.png

O.o

lol, okay. I'll make sure to tell you if it goes haywire again.

It went haywire again. As you can see here, it is raining. Look within the red circle, that's the map that's loaded up in test play.

post-3572-0-75222800-1336277337_thumb.png

As you can see here, it is clearly defined in the script INSIDEMAPNS. So, that obviously shouldn't be happening.

post-3572-0-04265500-1336277380_thumb.png

O.o

Oh, that's bizarre... I have solved it. The reason it works for me and not you is apparently I fixed mine but didn't upload the fixed version. So uh yah... doing that now.

Found a new glitch, sometimes it will start raining/snowing for a fraction of a second for no reason on maps that are set to INSIDENS (not sure about Inside, because I have no maps set as such).

This script has been rewritten and is now several more bugs free as well as now being easier to add weather effects from other systems with little ease. Woot.

Thanks Vlue! Time to see if this works properly now, :)

EDIT: I've been walking around with this script for a while now, and no weather seems to want to go off. I walked through entire maps and the weather effects just will not go off.

Thanks Vlue! Time to see if this works properly now, :)

EDIT: I've been walking around with this script for a while now, and no weather seems to want to go off. I walked through entire maps and the weather effects just will not go off.

Lower the duration maybe, make sure Climate::init is the last line, make sure the old version isn't in there somewhere.

Lowered Duration, raised rain chance to 100, and Climate::init is there. I also deleted the original before I even put in this script, but I made sure it was gone just in case. Still, walking around with an 100 chance of rain and a 0 chance of sun and there is still no rain, something is definitely up.

Um, but when I do finally get this script working (because I certainly hope it will work, :P), I was wondering how I would make the snow an "ash" color. You said you could define custom weather in the script, but I've never done that before. Knowing that it can happen, and the first level taking place in a volcano (and ash snowing would look great in that environment), it's definitely something I want to do.

EDIT: Ah, there we go, I finally got it raining. But it took nearly 100-150 steps before it went off. With the rain at 100, should it really take that long?

Matters the duration over how long it should take, unless you have it set to extremely high or something is just interfering with the update would be my guess over to the cause/problem.

Anyways, it seems to work okay. But I still have the BGS going off in NoWeather maps (not IndoorSound maps).

I even tried reducing the indoor sound volumes to zero in the script and it still plays the BGS in NoWeather maps. This script really hates me, >.>

*cough*You also didn't answer my question about the ash snow... XD*cough*