Vlue

Event Position: Fine Tuning

Eventing: Fine Tuning v3.2
By V.M.

Introduction
You know what's boring? Having to conform to the guidelines set before you!
Really though, this adds a feature to fine tune the x, y position of an event's sprite through a script call in set move route

And now more!!
Now you can set the rotation, hue, zoom, as well as mirror effect or rotation of events!

And even more... waypoints and fades and self_switches and more!
And yet more.. like special jump and move commands that just make cutscenes easier

Features
- Fine tune the x, y position of an event's sprite through a script call
- Set rotation, hue, zoom, mirror effect, or rotation of events as well!
- Set move routes using waypoints
- Easily fade in and out events, change self_switches from within set move route, or randomly teleport

Screenshots
You should look at these, really biggrin.png

Lonely Couple Before:
BeforeA1-1.png

Happy Couple After:
AfterA1.png

Typical Boring Line Up:
BeforeB1.png

Fine Tuned Boring Line Up:
AfterB1-2.png

Stupid Stool:
BeforeC1.png

Good Stool:
AfterC1.png

How to Use
Place script in.
In any set move route command, use the script calls listed in the script usage section

Demo
A project with a single map showing several of the endless uses for this script! Isn't that fancy?
You can download it here: Download (v3.1)

Script
Convenient Pastebin: Here

FAQ
None At The Moment

Credit and Thanks
- By V.M. of D.T.
- Free to use in any project with credit given

Author's Notes
Nothing now.

Edited by Vlue

Isn't it? Anywho, updated to v2.0 which grants mirror, rotation, zoom, hue, and flash effects that you can apply!~

The main thing I love about your scripts is the fact that they can add so much more personality in your projects. I mean, who cares about having a state-of-the-art battle system when you have these gems that make playing out of battle so much more fun?

This should hopefully do the trick for what I'm working on. :) It's a great script nonetheless and I laughed at a few of those screens. Nice work mate.

Edit: I was right. It does the trick quite nicely. I really only needed the @shakechar but I'm sure that hue, mirror and rotation will come in handy as well! :)

Edited by Bá´€ssÒ“ire [â—£ â—¢]

@V.M:

are you willing to add some mods to this script if they aren't a hassle for you?

i was wondering whether or not you could transition the player from their current offset values to a new set of offset values using the character's step animation (this would basically be a move route that allows you to specify the specific pixels like you already have instead of limiting the player to tiles)?

reason:

for example, if you have the @shakechara = [true, 0, 16] and during an event you wanted to turn it off, the characters "glitches" from the offset back to the standard location rather than walking there. i found that at certain points i would like to alter the offset to different values. would you be able to mod the script so it accepts a couple more arguments to determine whether you want the sprite to transition from one offset to another, or transfer there?

New version, new function.

slide(x, y)

has the same affect as shakechar but move the sprite to the position instead of transferring, works as far as I know

awesome! you know i'll be looking into this.

edit:

ok. i downloaded this and inserted it into a project. i haven't experimented with it yet, but let me get this right. in order to slide your player, you simply set new values for the @shakechar within the event, right? the sliding happens automatically? at least that's how it seems from the code...

edit2:

nevermind the first edit. i tested this and it works wonderfully. there is possibly room for improvement on the new feature but it's rather unnecessary. if you find yourself with an extra hour or so and you want something to do, consider the following...

when the engine processes the event and it slides it from point a to point b, the commands that follow your script call will actually process while your event is still sliding rather than waiting for it to finish (if your event turns directions, it will turn that direction even though it's sliding a different way).

like i said, this is easily fixed by guessing the time it will take for your event to slide and just including an extra wait command, so put this at the bottom of your priority list. great job with the new feature. works perfect Vlue!

Edited by dbchest

Hello vlue. I just ran into this script and seems like a great idea, what you did here.

Especially changing the possition of your followers behind you. I got it mainly dor this reason,

but Im getting an error (line 90:NoMethodError occured. Undefined method '[]' for nil: NilClass)

Can you help me out with this? I am really looking forward to using your script.

When does this occur? Are you loading a save file from before the script was placed in?

This seems to be exactly what i'm looking for, alle the options work except for the one I need :P

I'm just not catching on how the blend works. what's the exact way to set it, let's say I want 25Red, 200Blue, 25Green, 25Alpha (?? what's alpha anyway ?)

Maybe ... I tried just about every script line I could (except the right one obviously); blend(color), blend(25,200,25,25), blend (color.new(25,200,25,25)), etc ....

blend(Color.new(25,200,25,25))

the c in color has to be capitalized!

(Solved elsewhere, I know, but can't look like I'm ignoring people!)

I got lazy trying to map out move routes, especially ones involving several hundred moves. So I've added waypointing to this script, mostly for me, but for others too you know. Using the command waypoint(x,y) will cause the event to move towards that position on the map, yay. No pathfinding, just straight movement just like what you would see if you used move towards player.

Another update? Yup! All these commands are to be used in a Set Move Route of the event to be edited.

Two commands have been changed (read simplified), @shakechar = [v,x,y] to offset(x,y) and @zoom = zoom to set_zoom(value)

Seven new commands have been added to make things cooler and simpler to do within your events!

1,2: fadein and fadeout will gradually change the opacity of the sprite. Duration can be specified with fadein(duration) and fadeout(duration)

3: shake will cause the sprite to.. shake. Duration can be specified with shake(duration)

4: random will teleport the event to a random, passable, position on the map, range can be specified with random(width, height)

5: random_region(id) will teleport the event to a random, passable, position on the map with the same specified region, range can be specified with random_region(id, width, height)

6: self_switch("letter", value) will set the self switch of that event to value, for example: self_switch("A", true) will turn self_switch A on

7: balloon(id) will simply play the specified balloon animation over that sprite

Added a demo project download link to the first post to show off many of the features of the script~

I just keep thinking of more things to add, most probably useful to only a handful of people!

1. jump_forward(length), jump_side(length), and jumpto(x,y) which allow you to jump based on direction or to coordinates

2. memorize, recall, and recall_walk which let you save an events current position, move them, then have them go back to the saved position

3. reset, which clears all Fine Tuning details and restart which completely restarts the event, with option to clear self switches

4. moveto_player and moveto_event(id) which causes the character to move towards either the player or the specified event (works like waypoint)

5. play_animation(event_id, animation_id) which plays the animation specified on the event specified.

How enjoyable!

Edited by Vlue

The shake script command makes the object move forward(or backward, down) XD little by little until it passes the character sprite. This is an awesome script, you are even more awesome Vlue. 

Edit-

The reset command fixes it but it still moves when it shakes. :)

Edited by Forblaze