Vlue

Event Position: Fine Tuning

A bit late to the crowd but just discovered this and was very useful for putting a light on a round table without it looking lame so

thanks :D. The addition functions were handy too like the mirrored section :)

God mode :D

I use Falcao's ABS and your script man its just what I needed. More enemies (HUE), well it will not be that boring since I am sort on sprites. Mobs and the player gonna dodge like bosses. Also, random teleport...

Just thanks. 2 years since you posted it but it helped me :D

EDIT: Just saw your post 13 April 2014... WOW you are still around. I am glad.

Edited by xrhstos3000

Vlue, for some reason my events wait for input to spring into place. I've removed all scripts any idea whats the issue? I can give whatever is needed.

Massive thanks for this. :D I particularly love the waypoint(x,y) call. If you don't mind, I made a minor modification to improve the call:

def process_waypoint_command
    sx = distance_x_from(@waypoint[0])
    sy = distance_y_from(@waypoint[1])
    unless @locked # Added this line to stop the event from moving when interacted with

And then, of course, I added another "end" between lines 381 and 382. The waypoint call worked very well, but I wanted NPCs to stop to talk to the player when interacted with, and then resume their route.

You know looking through this, after encountering my problem, I was surprised that no one else was asking any questions.

Uhhhh, yeah I've got quite a few of questions actually. :\

1. Where exactly do you put the script? Like in Modules, Game Objects, etc.

2. When you put the script in, what exactly are you supposed to do? I know you said that it tells you what to do in the script, but I read it, and it's really really vague on details on where to find and put what. And I still don't get it. 

3. How do you "Call" a script? 

- New and Confused 0-o

You know looking through this, after encountering my problem, I was surprised that no one else was asking any questions.

Uhhhh, yeah I've got quite a few of questions actually. :\

1. Where exactly do you put the script? Like in Modules, Game Objects, etc.

2. When you put the script in, what exactly are you supposed to do? I know you said that it tells you what to do in the script, but I read it, and it's really really vague on details on where to find and put what. And I still don't get it. 

3. How do you "Call" a script? 

- New and Confused 0-o

It's actually a very well documented script, but obviously it doesn't teach you how to use RPG Maker itself. I'd recommend reading some tutorials to learn the basics first. But to answer your questions:

Unless noted otherwise, always insert scripts under Materials, above Main.

You can make script calls from within an event, just like you can tell it to display text, play a sound, etc. Script calls allow you to run RGSS3 code directly instead of relying on the pre-made options RPG Maker makes available. You just have to click the button for script calls and write the code when prompted.

Note that, with this script, you're supposed to make script calls from within a Set Move Route command. So you create an event, add a Set Move Route command, and find the button to run a script line within it.

Just took a look. Vlue fine tuning line 397 - comment it out. # blend_update

Don't know if that will cause issues later, but it works. The blend was adding other effects on top of the shadow, or changing them, whatever.

Actually after some testing. comment out the entire Sprite_Character section in Vlue's script.

Edited by roninator2