Sign in to follow this  
NeoXCS

Through (Projectile Collision) Fix for Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid V3

I have seen a lot of posts around the internet with people having issues with projectile collision in this ABS. The issue begins when setting "Tool Through" to false on a projectile weapon. The projectile no longer passes through objects that are at the same level as the character, such as walls, but won't hit enemies anymore. Proposed fixes include changing the tools size, which has the side issue of hitting a two wide area instead of one. After a lot of messing around I was able to cobble together a fix with a proximity script and a simple script call. This may only work with single character games since this is all I tested it with. The reason being it changes priority (height) of enemies. I may edit this post later with pictures but for now we will start simple.

Needed Scripts:

Vlue's Proximity Events Script - Link

Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid V3 - Link

This tutorial starts after you've already installed Falcao's ABS. You should also understand how to set up items and set "Tool Through" to false. As well as also setting up enemies.

Step One: Install Vlue's Proximity Event Script. There isn't much setup here. All you have to do to make this work is set the PROXYRANGE to 1 in the script.

Step Two: Set enemies second page (the page where they sense you, self-switch "B")  priority to "Below Characters".

Step Three: Create an event that runs on a "Parallel Process" trigger. You will use a condition branch script check. The check will call the proximity event script.

• Proxy.inprox?(ID) will be used for the branch check. ID will be the ID of your enemy event. If you have multiple enemies you will have to set up multiple branches with their respective ID numbers in this event.
  • $game_map.events[iD].instance_eval("@priority_type = 1") will be used to move enemies up to your level once you are within one space of them, this way you can't step on them and they will attack you in melee. This ID is the same as above.
  • $game_map.events[iD].instance_eval("@priority_type = 0") is your else case. This moves them back below you so you can shoot them again. ID same as above again.

You will need the event on each map where there are enemies you want to check.

Also don't forget to make sure your "Tool Through" is set to false. Otherwise this tutorial would be pointless! :)

Bugs / Issues:
You can't shoot enemies at point blank range with this, but you can use a melee attack.
You may still pass over / step on enemies sometimes.

Vlue for the useful Proximity Events Script
Falcao for the powerful Pearl ABS liquid V3 Script

There you have it. A fairly simple fix. I spent hours looking all over the internet for a fix. I finally got the idea to use the priority and proximity to make a quick fix.

I hope that anyone with this problem finds this fix and is happy with it!
Edited by NeoXCS

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this