Kirimash

final fantasy vii [New Title] Cloud in Smash Bros.!

Miria from Guardian Legend.

TGL_sprite.jpg

It would be sweet to have her be able to transform into a spaceship mid-combat and have lots of long range attacks like Samus.

Miria from Guardian Legend.

TGL_sprite.jpg

It would be sweet to have her be able to transform into a spaceship mid-combat and have lots of long range attacks like Samus.

I don't know her. Sounds awesome.

But Shovel Knight is certainly the no. 1 of smashers, so... Kirito in Smash would be awesome.

(Kirito is from Sword Art Online.)

I highly doubt we'll see Kirito from sword art online. It looks like Nintendo isn't really adding characters that aren't from video games, and if they do, which they probably won't, they would probably pick Goku. This is all speculation though...

(a person can dream though :P)

Edited by FLG'sRetnuh

I highly doubt we'll see Kirito in sword art online. It looks like Nintendo isn't really adding characters that aren't from video games, and if they do, which they probably won't, they would probably pick Goku. This is all speculation though...

(a person can dream though :P)

Kirito is from SAO.

More Shovel Knight stuff!!!

newcomer_shovel_knight_by_evilwaluigi-d7

With some text:

"SPECIAL MOVES----------------------------------------

Neutral Special – CHAOS SPHERE - Shovel Knight uses the Chaos Sphere Relic. This Emerald-like sphere will fly forward arching downward- when it hits the ground it will rebound flying upward again- the Chaos Sphere will deal DMG to foes it touches and pass through them allowing it to strike multiple targets. only one Chaos Sphere can be on screen at a time. The Chaos Sphere will bounce off up to three times before vanishing otherwise, it will vanish once it has traveled off screen.
DMG: 4% (per hit) 

Side Special – DUST KNUCKLE - Shovel Knight uses the Dust Knuckle Relic. These gauntlets appear much larger than Shovel Knight's hands but Shovel Knight seems to have control over them just fine. Shovel Knight will punch forward with them a short distance. if he connects the attack he can strike again with the Dust Knuckles dealing more DMG this attack can work as a good horizontal recover as long as Shovel Knight has someone or something to punch. this can be comboed for up to five punches!
DMG: 5% (per punch) 25% (max DMG)

Down Special – WAR HORN - Shovel Knight uses the War Horn Relic. This attack is a build up attack: the less its used teh more powerful it will be when used. Shovel Knight will take out the War Horn and blow it sending a powerful sound blast attack from the horn that expands from the horn outward- the range, speed and strength of this move depend entirely on amount of usage. this can barely DMG foes or it can send them flying.
DMG: 2% (weakest) 23% (strongest)

Up Special – PROPELLER DAGGER -   Shovel Knight uses the Propeller Dagger Relic. The Propeller Dagger allows Shovel Knight to "Fly". Holding the dagger upwards, the hilt will extend and spin acting as a propeller yanking Shovel Knight into the air blade first. players can control Shovel Knight a bit using the direction pad, however pressing slightly left or right will cause Shovel knight to travel 100% left or right and can never travel diagonally. the trip is somewhat short lived and shorter still if players change Shovel Knight's trajectory. Shovel Knight will deal DMG to foes he flies into.
DMG: 12%

Final Smash – CATCH HER! - Pressing "B" will activate this Final Smash Shovel Knight buries the blade of the Shovel Blade into the ground and sits on the ground, leaning against the Shovel Blade he falls asleep- the camera will then fly upwards super fast until we are among the stars. From the heavens, Shield Knight is seen falling downward towards the stage- the camera then zooms quickly back to the stage only to have the stage appear as a flat reflective pool foes will also appear here and regardless of their DMG % they will act as if they have 300% DMG becoming very light and prone to 1-hit-KOs. eventually Shield Knight will appear overhead and time will slow down- Shovel Knight reaches his hand out for her- If Shovel Knight catches her, a powerful blast of energy will fly out from the two meeting potentially KOing all foes on screen- If Shovel Knight fails to catch her: The screen flashes white and Shovel Knight is startled awake, getting up he retrieves the Shovel Blade and re enters fighter stance. (The same outcome will happen after the blast of energy should Shovel Knight catch Shield Knight)
DMG: ??? 30% (DMG from catching Shield Knight)

Kirby Hat -   Kirby gains a helmet that resembles Shovel Knight's. Kirby gains the Chaos Sphere Ability.

TAUNTS----------------------------------------

Taunt 1 –
 Shovel knight will point forward and say: "You're naught but a decadent dandy!" then reenters fighter stance.

Taunt 2 – Shovel Knight will slam the Shovel Blade into the ground and flip up onto the handle, crossing his arms, Shovel Knight stands statuesque- moving will break this animation and return Shovel Knight to fighter stance.

Taunt 3 – Shovel Knight holds up his Shovel Blade and says: "Prepare for justice!" spinning the Shovel Blade he strikes a pose and finishes: "Shovel Justice!" then re-enters fighter stance.

PALUTENA'S GUIDANCE FOR SHOVEL KNIGHT--------------------------------

PIT: Hey now- check out this guy- is that a shovel!?

VIRIDI: That's Butt Butt, Pit.

PIT: Butt...Butt?

PALUTENA: Um... I think she means "That's Shovel Knight, Pit"

VIRIDI: That's what I said: Butt Butt.

PIT: ...

PALUTENA: ...

VIRIDI: What!?

PALUTENA: A-anyways Pit, Shovel Knight is herald as a legendary adventurer- some time ago Shovel Knight roamed the land with his partner Shield Knight and they adventured across the land-

VIRIDI: If you ask me Butt Butt has a thing for Shield Butt.

PIT: What in the world-

PALUTENA: - But one day tragedy struck and a cursed amulet changed everything. Now Shovel Knight is all alone...

PIT: That's so sad!

VIRIDI: Eh. he'll probably just find another Butt to hang around with-

VIRIDI: WHAT!?

PALUTENA: There's no time to feel sorry for him Pit- Shovel Knight is your opponent-

PIT: Right! 

PALUTENA: Shovel Knight weilds his Shovel Blade but, he also uses a host of other strange relics- such as the Dust Knuckle relic- these gauntles are very powerful and can really leave you bruised up. If Shovel Knight uses these try to dodge them- if he dosen't connect with them it will leave him open to attack- but if he does connect with them- you'll become staggered and open to attack.

VIRIDI: Maybe you should just Butt from afar Butt.

PIT: Viridi- what's wrong with you!?

PALUTENA: Maybe it's best not to ask Pit...

VIRIDI: ... Butt.

SNAKE'S CODEC FOR SHOVEL KNIGHT--------------------------------

SNAKE: Is that knight using a shovel as a sword!?

COLONEL: That's Shovel Knight. And the shovel your referring to is his Shovel Blade.

SNAKE: Smash brothers really is a place where anything goes huh?

COLONEL: Absolutely Snake. Shovel Knight is said to be a legendary adventurer.

SNAKE: So Colonel what can you dig up on Shovel Knight? (heh)

COLONEL: ... Erhm. Well- like I said Snake, Shovel knight is a legendary adventurer known for both his skill in combat and skill in treasure hunting.

SNAKE: And as a knight I assume he is honor bound- I can really DIG that. (heh heh)

COLONEL: ...What are you doing?

SNAKE: They're called puns Colonel- What can you DIG UP on him? I can really DIG it? Heh heh heh Get it?

COLONEL: Sorry Snake but I'm buried in paper work here I really have to cut this conversation short.

SNAKE: Ha ha! now you got it Colonel- you're really BURIED! haha nice one.

COLONEL: I worry about you Snake.

TROPHIES AFFILIATED WITH SHOVEL KNIGHT---------------------------

1 - Shovel Knight
2 - Catch Her! (Final Smash)
3 - Shield Knight
4 - The Black Knight
5 - The Enchantress
6 - Specter Knight
7 - King Knight
8 - Treasure Knight
9 - Plauge Knight
10 - Mole Knight
11 - Polar Knight
12 - Tinker Knight
13 - Propeller Knight
14 - Reize
15 - Baz
16 - Phantom Striker
17 - Mr. Hat
18 - The Troupple King
19 - Chester 

STAGE------------------------------------

TOWER OF FATE

Home to the Enchantress, the Tower of Fate is the setting of this stage. The stage itself is rather large and in a way is divided: on the left half of the stage is some interior areas where players can do battle a top two platforms that house soft dirt blocks that can be destroyed- this room is pretty tall with three exits to the right. the bottom exit allows players to pass by a checkpoint that ignites with a mysterious flame. any other player to pass this will receive slight DMG but no knock back. eventually the flame will die out allowing a new player to ignite the checkpoint. this corridor is also flanked by two overhead gargoyle heads that spew fireballs downward every so often. the middle exit is a simple corridor that like the other two lead outside- this corridor is empty save for the three background windows. the top and final exit is also clear and acts as a "station" to meet a moving platform that travels from the edge of the exits platform across the sky to a floating platform. the tall room that allows players to move through the three exits is also home to a few misshapen platforms that will quake whenever anyone stands on them- if players stand on them for too long they will plummet downward dealing DMG to players struck by the platforms this will also cause a meteor smash effect- so lookout below! Now the right side of the stage: the right side of the stage takes place outside on the very far right and from the bottom to about a little over halfway the stage is made up of wooden framing and wooden boxes even some soft dirt blocks that can be destroyed. nearer the bottom exit a small platform juts out from the Tower's side and contains a large glowing Tome- when struck, the Tome will open and mystical energy will wobble off the open tomes pages this mystical power will also cause many platforms to appear all over the stage in the form of pages from the tome. this platforms however will vanish after a few moments and the tome will close. this can be done any number of times. These platforms mostly appear in the upper right hand section of the stage where a handful of the misshapen platforms explained earlier also appear in this section of the stage that lead up to the roof of the left side's area which is simply "stair like" leading upward to the right and can be walked off of. With the basic layout of the stage covered lets talk hazards. The Tower of Fate is located at the center of a terrible storm dark green looking clouds swirl around the tower- when the stage starts, the stage has lightened up so there is only some light rain shown in the BG of the stage but eventually the storm gains strength again blotting out the moon and thus the light plunging the stage into darkness- at least the interior left side of the stage. the right side of the stage will still show the silhouettes of any platform not obscured by interior walls. players would be wise to leave the interior of the Tower when the rain begins to really come down lest the be lost in the solid blackness of the interior of teh tower at this time. players should also beware of the placebo platforms that appear at this time some objects in the background look like solid objects but are in fact not- look for the rain hitting the surfaces of platforms to decipher these. eventually the squall will pass and the moonlight will shine back down illuminating both sides once more. 

STAGE MUSIC TRACKS---------------------------------

1 - Srike the Earth - Shovel Knight -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqAYMZ…
2 - The Fateful Return - Shovel Knight -
youtu.be/zjMLTaKzTwY
3 - In the Halls of the Usuper - Shovel Knight -
youtu.be/4uOuLH5xKVc
4 - Fighting with all Our Might - Shovel Knight -
youtu.be/yb-1NZyFuSo
5 - Flowers of Antimony - Shovel Knight -
youtu.be/F6SJkjRcSJs
6 - La Danse Macabre - Shovel Knight -
youtu.be/UDJMKv2Old8
7 - Main Theme - Shovel Knight -
youtu.be/ysCxbfg1VvY

SIDE NOTES------------------------------------------

ENTRANCE -
 Shovel Knight will front flip onto the stage and hold his Shovel Blade high into the air looking proud. he then enters fighter stance.

Victory Music - For Shovelry! - Shovel Knight -
youtu.be/CzSnJ_1YVmY

WII-MOTE SFX - The level start fan fare from shovel knight plays
youtu.be/BPwRNOOhXe0?t=1m49s (1:49-1:51)

COLORS-----------------------------------------------

BLUE - Stalwart Plate Blue
RED - Final Guard Red
GREEN - LYHSDNUX code Green
PURPLE - Conjurer's Coat Purple
GOLD - Ornate Plate Gold
BLACK - Mail of Momentum Black
SILVER - Dynamo Mail Silver
NAVY - Dark Stalwart Plate Navy

ALTERNATE COSTUMES-----------------------------------------------

* The Black Knight

STATS------------------------------------------------

OFFENSE:
 6/10
WEIGHT: 104 lbs (Lightest:60 Heaviest:130lbs)
JUMPS: 2
THROW: 7/10
SPEED: 6/10
SPECIAL ABILITIES: N/A

------------------------------------------------------"

http://evilwaluigi.deviantart.com/art/Newcomer-Shovel-Knight-468770597

I really hope that we get Phoenix Wright!

Also, if you object to his conclusion please watch this

Normally, I'd totally agree, but a tiny-winy little bit of me is screaming "Noooo, look what happened to him in Marvel vs Capcom 3". First I thought it's a nice add, especially because I hugely enjoyed Ace Attorney, but somehow it didn't looked so well. He seemed so doofy and out-of-place. On the other hand - Smash Brothers had way stranger characters, I guess - and maybe Nintendo would give him better looking attacks. That would be cool.

I'd appreciate Amy Rose as well. Nice hammer-action and way better movesets than Dedede? Sounds good to me.

As a huge Tales of-fan I'd LOVE to see Lloyd Irving, since Symphonia was playable on the Game Cube. I know there's a Mii-costume out there, but... It was a bit disappointing to me. Well, I should be satisfied with the things we got (Yay, Lucas ♥) but still there's a bitter taste.

I've never actually played any of the Final Fantasy games, but I'm glad he got in, as he is a Sony representative, and a cool JRPG character. Also, he has a pretty wicked sword.

I only played FF1,2,3,4,5,6 and 8, so I don't know his game either. I will definetily buy him. And the Midgar stage that comes with him.

I personally wasn't to impressed when I saw the annoucement, but personally I'm not fond of Smash lately due to reasons.

He seems out of place to me in a Smash universe, but I don't see any harm in his appearance, so yea.

I'm curious to what his colour palletes are - and if they make reference to any of the other characters and games.

Is he already released, or it is "soon to come" thing?

Cloud's going to be in Smash? Sure, he's a cool and very popular character, but Final Fantasy is more a PlayStation Series. They're running thin on characters it would seem. Who's next? Mr. Game and Watch? Oh right,,,

Edited by lonequeso

I actually kind of like them having guest stars from other platforms. It makes smash bros feel like a better game in my opinion to have characters representing all forms of gaming. And I doubt they are running out of ideas for characters, as they have a whole ballot full of them. Still though, cloud does seem like an odd choice.

I personally wasn't to impressed when I saw the annoucement, but personally I'm not fond of Smash lately due to reasons.

He seems out of place to me in a Smash universe, but I don't see any harm in his appearance, so yea.

I'm curious to what his colour palletes are - and if they make reference to any of the other characters and games.

Is he already released, or it is "soon to come" thing?

He is not yet released. But he's confirmed. I did not play FFVII so I did not recognize the intro. If it was Squall, I would shout "WHAT THE F**K?! OMFG" all the time, since my favourite RPG is FFVIII. But at least it's Final Fantasy in Smash. BEST. BIRTHDAY. GIFT. EVER. Thanks, Nintendo.

I actually kind of like them having guest stars from other platforms. It makes smash bros feel like a better game in my opinion to have characters representing all forms of gaming. And I doubt they are running out of ideas for characters, as they have a whole ballot full of them. Still though, cloud does seem like an odd choice.

I agree with you that he is a odd choice, but his sole porpuse is (and was) Roy's. Publicity. Square is coming home...

Well, I voted Shovel Knight, other voted Shantae and Isaac and King K. Rool. One hell of a surprise would be a Smash character based of one in RPG Maker (specifically VX Ace and MV). That would be one hell of a trailer. But I think it won't happen.

Edited by Shantae DiLeo

Haha, yea. I heard the intro music and flipped out, then the Smash logo popped up, I was raging "Thats not Smash, thats the Final Fantasy intro!" and then it was revealed it was Cloud for Smash.

I originally thought it was more information on the remake for 7 since I'm worried they'll change too much of it - but yea, it would be cool seeing what moveset and such he has.

Contrary to others opinions, I loved FFVII and it was my first, and favorite of the series - and considering I own all games up until 14 (not got a console for 15 yet), I feel strongly about the series xD #fangirl

My only dislike for Smash to be honest is the fact you have to pay for each DLC character and then they throw in popular characters such as Ryo, Cloud and even Shovel Knight if he gets put in.

"Hey, you like this character? YAY, let's make money off that!"

It was a surprise though xD

Haha, yea. I heard the intro music and flipped out, then the Smash logo popped up, I was raging "Thats not Smash, thats the Final Fantasy intro!" and then it was revealed it was Cloud for Smash.

I originally thought it was more information on the remake for 7 since I'm worried they'll change too much of it - but yea, it would be cool seeing what moveset and such he has.

Contrary to others opinions, I loved FFVII and it was my first, and favorite of the series - and considering I own all games up until 14 (not got a console for 15 yet), I feel strongly about the series xD #fangirl

My only dislike for Smash to be honest is the fact you have to pay for each DLC character and then they throw in popular characters such as Ryo, Cloud and even Shovel Knight if he gets put in.

"Hey, you like this character? YAY, let's make money off that!"

It was a surprise though xD

Wow. First, it's Ryu. Second, people were asking for Sakurai to make Lucas and Roy and Mewtwo to come back. Actually, Smash 4 was not meant to have DLC at all. Of course, it's extra work for Sora Ltd and they need payment. I honestly don't care if I like the characters or not. I will play as Cloud once he is released. And the ballot ones. Sora is making dreams come true. Like Little Mac. He was requested. Pac-Man: Thanks to Namco Bandai in helping to make the game. Cloud's porpuse is the same as Roy's in Melee: publicity. FFVIIR is coming to the NX in 2018.

Like I said, we finally have Final Fantasy in Smash. It was one of my wishes.

One warning, though: Cloud in Smash = AWESOME!!! I would prefer Squall, Firion, Cecil, Terra or Locke, etc., but Cloud is fine with me.