Sign in to follow this  
JayNyne

JayNyne's Resources - Monster Sprites - RMVXA

So basically my game uses an abs. Specific monster sprites are hard to find so I made some.

I'm a complete beginner and have about negative zero (it's not even a number) idea what I'm doing when it comes to making sprites. So you know, feedback is something that'd be cool. If you like em' tell me why so I can continue doing that kind of stuff. If you don't tell me that too and how to fix that stuff so I can bring out some next level sprites.

Down below are 100% of the sprites I've ever made, that's right just those 4. Right now I'm focusing on elementals, so I want to make at least 1 enemy for the 8 main elements in my game before moving on to something else.

NEW STUFF

Minor Darkness Elemental

Btw thanks for the feedback, never be afraid to be harsh if you need to be. Like I said, I'm a beginner and I can't draw for anything but I'm looking to improve as well as provide sprites for myself and for others. Also, as I get better I'll be able to pump better sprites much faster. But yeah, thanks again.

Anywho, enjoy the sprites!

Or not.

Also here's ma' YouTube channel for videos on my game, it's super bare right now though and I've only got one video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTnHbRqy4ijxi38_PPl7hZA

Fire Elementals

Minor Fire Elemental

post-48255-0-28901800-1437256574_thumb.png

Ice Elementals

Minor Ice Elemental

post-48255-0-82015900-1437256574_thumb.png

Elite Minor Ice Elemental

post-48255-0-81735100-1438726492_thumb.png

Elite Minor Ice Elemental. V2

post-48255-0-53225100-1438726496_thumb.png

Earth Elementals

Minor Earth Elemental

post-48255-0-47604800-1437256573_thumb.png

Lightning Elementals

Minor Lightning Elemental

post-48255-0-97797200-1438902831_thumb.png

*NEW*Darkness Elementals

*NEW*Minor Darkness Elemental

post-48255-0-85252700-1440258397_thumb.png

Working On: Gransys Orwell (a guy in my game) and Falhawk Griffin ( another guy)

Edited by JayNyne

I think they're pretty decent. I especially like the fire one. I think they need some work, mostly the earth one, but other than that they are pretty cool!

I think they're pretty decent. I especially like the fire one. I think they need some work, mostly the earth one, but other than that they are pretty cool!

Cool. I've been figuring out how to shade stuff better so soon I'll probably update the older ones.

I feel like the fire and earth ones both have personality.  The fire one especially seems sassy.  ^_^  Ice seems more like a flat decoration; I'm not sensing icy rage or freezing doom from it yet.  ^_^

I feel like the fire and earth ones both have personality.  The fire one especially seems sassy.  ^_^  Ice seems more like a flat decoration; I'm not sensing icy rage or freezing doom from it yet.  ^_^

The ice one is being remade as I send this and a brand new one is coming soon!

Edit

I want to improve these as well as add new ones. I looked for tons of pictures of Ice and I noticed that some went a lot darker so errr... is this any better?

post-48255-0-80920100-1438656004_thumb.png

Edited by JayNyne

Yes.  It says, "I am calm but my claws are at the ready."  (Similar to my cat.  ^_^)

What's the red part for?

All the elemental have one red eye in the middle, that's just something I want to put on all of them.

Btw, I was thinking about the colours and just decided to add a second version.

post-48255-0-71570700-1438726336_thumb.png

Have you considered making the eye blink by changing it to a flat red line in the middle column?  Might be cool and also make it clearer that it's an eye.

I'll try it out on the sprite I'm making now

Edit:

It looked too much like a mouth opening and closing, though that isn't to say that I won't considering using that at some point.

Edited by JayNyne

Oh, I like the Elite Ice Ver 2 the best.

Thanks I hope I can provide even better ones in the future.

And here's a new one:

post-48255-0-17160700-1438902973_thumb.png

Also, I could make a second version Minor Ice Elemental if you want.

Edited by JayNyne

I like that lighting one a lot and I just saw that one video you have on you youtube channel, and I think instead of resizing the sprites you should just make bigger ones.

I like that lighting one a lot and I just saw that one video you have on you youtube channel, and I think instead of resizing the sprites you should just make bigger ones.

I don't really know how big I want them in the end so I just made them the "standard" size. Sorry for getting back so late, I've been pretty busy but I'll gonna start on two new sprites and continue fixing up the earth one.