Here's the question. I  am the one trying to make a shining force type game. Where you control up to 16 characters. My game has 45 characters in it and I want to be able  to use more then the 4 characters. Is there a way I can use a special or some kind of magic to cast *swap unit* and pick a different character? Is it tricky?

Edited by neilH1978

Hello neilH1978,

To change the number of players in the party you could use a Script like Yanfly's Party System, which allows you to set how many members you can have in the party at any time. So 16 is doable.

Can find it here:

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/party-system

You'll also need his Core script that all his other scripts run off, find that under the RMVXA tab at the top.

Also allows you to using a Script call or inside the Menu (if preferred) to change the party at will.

Could make a skill that runs a common Event and that changes party.

Hope that helps.

Curiously, are you making a turn based strategy game like Shining Force?

I'd like to see that, and have been trying to create a TBS system for awhile.

Thank I will try this one out. I will be changing the names of the character, their name with their profession. Ex:Jake the Lumberjack. Also can you have more then 9999 hp/map? If you played shining force then you know the boss at the end had more then 9999 life. His bar was 4 different colors or some kind of thing you can use hit points like that. Like for 9998 it would show green and 9999+ would be blue then turn green after it goes below 9999? I haven't play the game in a long time. I wonder if it was 4,000? with each bar at 1k.

Zeon 1 ?? ??   HP and MP is ??

http://sf2.shiningforcecentral.com/pages/mainguide_walkthrough_part5.html

I just looked under battle monsters

zeon.gifZeon p.gif 0 ??
(500) ?? ?? 50 72 0 None Demon Breath

Yeah a lot of Bosses had mega health.. Which Can be done with another of Yanfly's Script called Adjust Limits.

It will be in the main list.

*Edit*

Though you cant use multi coloured life bars. Unless there is a script somewhere for that, but I don't know if there is.

Edited by 1imaddoc