Sign in to follow this  
Szyu

Szyu's Equipment Enhancements

A new script of mine for you

Szyu's Equipment Enhancements

see_menu11.png

Introduction
Did you ever want to give the opportunity to enhance single equipment items?

With this script, you can enhance weapons and armors individually by defining several “equipment items†and without altering your weapons- and armorsdatabase.

Note that the feature enhancement will require a little bit of trial and error and looking in feature section in database!

Get at Pastebin
Pastebin

How to Use

Simply create items in your database and edit their notes with following constructs:

Indicating that an item is an enhancement item:
<enhancement_item>
…
</enhancement_item>
Define the type this enhancement is for (weapon or armor):
type: w
type: a
Define prefix and suffix, the item will get when enhanced (the terms inside the quote can be altered):
prefix: “Enhanced â€
suffix: †[E]â€
Defining the actual enhancements could be a little bit tricky:
Enhancing Parameters:
p: attr value

– p indicates that a parameter will be enhanced

– attr indicates the shortname of the parameter. For a detailed list of available attributes, see below
– value indicates the amount the specified attribute will be altered

Enhancing Features:
f: code data val

– f indicates that a feature will be added

– code indicates which feature will be added (since it will be declared as an integer, you should that a look an the features which can be added to an equipment item.
   The number is designed as xy, where x is the index of the tab and y is the index of the parameter. i.e. code = 22 would be tab “parameters†with feature “ex-parameterâ€)
– data indicates the id of the dropdown list in the database features i.e. with code = 22, data = 6 would be parameter mrf
– value indicates the value as it would be stated in the database features. if a state would be added, this number has to be 0 if a skill would be added,
   this number has to be 1. With features which do not allow number input in the database, you will have to test if the stated number would work. But it will either be 0 or 1!)

Available Attributes:
  • str – Strength
  • def – Defense
  • mat – Magical Attack
  • mdf – Magical Defense
  • agi – Agility
  • luk – Luck
  • hp – Max HP
  • mp – Max MP

Examples
screen_see_notes.png

This example would define an enhancement item, that enhances a weapon item. After enhancing, a suffix †[E]†will be applied to the weapon name. Strength will be enhanced by +5, max hp will be enhanced by +200 and a new feature will be added to the weapon:

screen_see_feat2.png

Another example would be “f: 23 5 2.50″

screen_see_feat11.png

Credits
Credits to Szyu if you plan to use this script.

Changelog

- Weapons and Armors are now ordered by name
- Added Diminishing Items
- Added Possibility of exlcuding equipment from enhancing list
Edited by Szyu

Script instructions say to use <item_enhancements> but your post says to use <enhancement_item>

The post directions are correct.

What the script call for when I do not what this in menu?

Also, noticed that if the item is equipped when enhanced the stats go down...will test further, but that's weird.

Edited by PAC918

Also, noticed that if the item is equipped when enhanced the stats go down...will test further, but that's weird.

Works as intended for me. A conflict among your other scripts possibly...?

@Szyu: The script is working perfectly so far on my end, but is it possible for you to add some extra features though?

- Exclude certain pieces of equipment from appearing in the enhancer menu.

- Undo an enhanced equipment and return it to its original form.

- Certain enhancements are only available for certain pieces of equipment.

- When a new enhanced equipment is created, it appears at the bottom of the inventory listing. Could this be made so that the enhanced version is listed next to its original version?

Edited by AxD141

Thanks for your replies... I changed the script instructions and added some features recommended by AxD141 (see Changelogs for more details).

@PAC918:

If you don't want the menu entry, just set the flag ":show_in_menu" in "SIE_CONFIG" to false.

I cant reproduce your problem with equipped items, so please specify the way you run into it, so I can check and fix it.

Whoa, thank you very much for taking your time to implement the requested features.

And sorry to bother you again but, when viewing items through the main menu, the enhanced equipments still appear at the bottom of the list.

HNLLatP.png

I suppose there's no way around it other than having the regular inventory be sorted out alphabetically as well it seems?

(No problems were found with the other added features btw, they work just fine)

Ah alright, that's a bummer. Guess having the modded equips at the bottom of the list might make them easier to find (for the players), so it may not necessarily be a bad thing lol.

Thanks for the script. Works nicely. I have a couple quick questions though.

1. Is there a way for prefixes and suffixes to have capital letters? When I use the weapon enhancement, the prefixes and suffixes are always reduced down to non-capital letters.

2. Can I use multiple weapon enhancements on a weapon? At the moment it looks like I'm restricted to 1 enhancement, but I could be missing something.

3. Is there a way to force the player to un-equip the weapon they're enhancing? I only ask because when I enhance an equipped weapon, i have to re-equip the weapon to equip the enhanced version.

Edited by Daemon

Prefixes and suffixes only lowercase was a bug... I fixed it now. As for the multiple layers of enhancements, I restricted the number to 1 on purpose, because for each enhancement, the database will be extended. I dont plan on extending the limit.