Sign in to follow this  
NowakSotto

Help with a mog script!

Hey guys im trying to implement this script in my game.

The problem there is not the script itself

i want know where i can change menu names(and description), where to remove and where to change the names(of the pics it using in the layout, i mean something like the image/scriptcall call "123" i want to change to recognize it like "menu").

i take a look in the script and found things like inativate the menus but nothing with the names.

(i put the cod using the code editor and using spoiler but the text continues big, some admim can solve the spoiler problem pls ?)

put the script in the attach because spoiler hate me :\

test

mog script.txt

Edited by NowakSotto

First of all, put that script in a spoiler to avoid bad things. =P

Try using CTRL+F and typing the name of the file this is currently using, and replace that file name to yours.

Can I see how it looks like and what exactly do you want to change?

Edited by Rikifive

man i tryed use the  tag <spoiler> (or here use a different one??) but dont worked <spoiler> </spoiler>

i try search with the ctrl f but nothing related to the names of the images come together in the theme O.o

Sorry if this is stupid, but have you tried using [] instead of <>? =P

put manually [spoiler.] above script and

below (remove dot)

... but that's not important for me, I just want to help you avoid blue text. =P

Anyway,

Can you give me a link for that script?

I'll download it and try to find that out.

I could search that by myself, but I'm really busy right now. Jumping from one thread to another. (again decided to help everybody instead of making a game... hehe...)

Edited by Rikifive

To change command names, just rename them in Terms in database.

Most of the pictures are dynamically picked, I mean when you have icons for commands (these circles in menu) their name is CM_commandname.

There are lots of pictures and it will be a very long process to customize that.

For example press CTRL + SHIFT + F and type "CM" -> click the only one option that will show up, you'll be redirected to a line with that picture name:

self.bitmap = Cache.menu_main("CM_" + @command_name.to_s)

You can change the "CM_" to for example "Something_" and then your files for these icons should be named: "Something_Items" etc.

Remember, when you replace command names, you need also to change picture names.

Renaming these pictures would surely take much time, so I would suggest to leave it as is.

i found this line before and got this is the one who putting the names

but one things bother me... i want remove some menus... but if i get out the image to it, the game say missing image...

so is that why i was trying to found where the menu is created... i dont want some options there

Oh well... then it will be even harder. You would need to # many lines in that script to disable functions.

Even if you remove drawing picture lines, then it may look weird. It depends on what you want to remove, but searching for things and properly removing them could take even many hours of work for inexperienced scripters.

That's why I'm avoiding scripts like this and writing menu stuff on my own.

hahaha, like i said, out there have lot of good things to use, so i trying to focus more in the game and adjust the scripts to it

anyway, i want to remove the 2 sound options have there... music room and option (the 2 use the same icon of music)

hmm whats the command to comment lot of lines selected ? (i see somewhere but dont remember haha)

I don't remember how that was like, but you should have "MOG - MUSIC ROOM  (v2.2)" or something like this in scripts. Deleting that script would remove that function as well as with command in menu. (better BACKUP your game before doing something =P)

I don't remember what was the second command. =P

oh the topic can be closed

solved the problem

get my option menu and put inside music_room script so stayed only one option with the sound config

i think my option and the music room stay in conflict