Tarq

LoL Thread

Hey there RMers,

My net has been a lot more stable of late and I was considering maybe getting back in on the LoL scene and wondered if there was anyone on the forum who might be interested in playing a few pre-mades sometime.

I'm way outdated on the whole thing, but I'm cool with playing most of the roles, although I prefer jungle or support most.

So yeah, use this thread to share your ID's, discuss builds, tell anecdotes, anything LoL-related really.

On that note, don't fill this thread "You should play DOTA, yadayadayoda". Its great that you've found a game you like but you have no idea how annoying you guys come across; Its like someone wants a game of Monopoly and you demand they play Payday ¬.¬

I don't play too often at the moment, but I find the game enjoyable.

A few times, I've tried to get joke teams going in Team Builder, like a full team or junglers or everyone in one lane.

Its only worked once and it was funny and we also lost the match. Worth it though.

I usually play top lane Teemo or a tank such as Dr Mundo or Malphite

I'm also the sort to use Teemo in mid or bot lane, going against the meta because I love it.

Teemo and Dr Mundo are my favourites, they get my work done pretty well.

I dont really play as Jungler often and absolutly hate Support, its the most boring.

Apparently its like an unwritten rule that its recommended to start LoL as support?

Edited by Darkblade

Apparently its like an unwritten rule that its recommended to start LoL as support?

I've never heard that but actually it makes a lot of sense; you'd get experience playing but most of your time would be observing a more advanced player.

Personally, I just like playing support characters if they're needed in multiplayers; its a role most people consider boring, but its worse to keep failing at something just because everyone wants to be the hero. Besides, if the game is challenging enough that it actually matters whether or not you're a good support then obviously a bit more interesting.

Junglers are a bit odd when you consider the basic idea behind LoL since they aren't in a lane but they probly have the most responsibility in its metagame; they have to be both superefficient since they cant rely on the minions for consistent gold/xp and they also have to try to be in the right place at the right time for ganking, which is what wins games really.

I've been playing a few bot matches recently to get back into it and I really dig how they've nerfed Soraka; having her heal drain her hp makes it worthwhile for the other player to defend her, particularly since they've made her Q a semi-skillshot instead of hitting everything near her. So yeah, it kinda sucks that my favourite supports been nerfed I guess, but it was good design. She definitely was OP before, she could practically APC with the tiny cooldown on that Q and with potentially 3 heal spells, 2 that could heal herself, if you chose the summoners heal spell. Which ofc you would, 'cause you're playing a support =P

I play this game a lot. I'm actually organizing a tournament for high ranking teams and am trying to get into the realm of professional shoutcasting. You can add me if you like, my Summoner Name is the same as my name on here, Novem.

I'll gladly play if you guys are especially into PvP and ranked matches. (I don't mind doing bots though). I play mostly on the NA server under the same name as here, "CVincent". I haven't been able to play for a while though since I need a new GPU and better internet.

When I first started playing this was what I was told too. It really worked out for me.

I actually started LoL by playing ADC myself, still do. I'm ranked Gold III on NA now and my main is Lucian.

Honestly the level 1-30 experience in League sucks. It's not even a good representation of how the game works, because jungling doesn't exist and there are a bunch of smurfs. They've made some steps forward recently but it's still pretty bad. They said they are looking for ways to make it better.

I'm down for it, granted, i'm not amaze-balls at League but I think I can hold my own fairly well. I usually main JG/Mid

Middlesticks ftw.

*I can top with Blitz fairly well, I usually just troll crank ppl for easy tower kills.

Edited by Capt_Elfimis

I haven't played in a while, but I plan on coming back soon. The NA servers moving to Chicago (where i live :P) has got me really excited to hop back on the game. I'm Gold 5 last time I checked, I love Jungle (playing Nunu mostly) but I play a lot of support too. My name is hiromu656 if anyone wants to play.

Why not both? Lol and Rpg at the same time.

Destiny Chronicles coming soon.

Yeah...great...

I should have realised that everyone would be on the NA server. I suppose I could start a smurf account but would it cause me to lag badly?

I should have realised that everyone would be on the NA server. I suppose I could start a smurf account but would it cause me to lag badly?

I have accounts on most servers but they're nowhere near as established as mine on NA. I'd have no champions (or skins for that matter), which isn't really a big deal but the ping differences are especially an issue for me since I'm usually on wireless.

Edit: I typically have 100-110 ping on NA and roughly the same on EUW, but a friend of mine who lives in the UK gets around 160-200 ping. I'm not sure if it's just an issue related to a service but it's a possibility. You might actually have a decent ping once the NA servers get moved.

Why not both? Lol and Rpg at the same time.

Destiny Chronicles coming soon.

It'd be interesting if it was just an RPG using the characters from League of Legends, but the whole visual novel and story stuff doesn't really interest me.

Edited by CVincent

I've never heard that but actually it makes a lot of sense; you'd get experience playing but most of your time would be observing a more advanced player.

Personally, I just like playing support characters if they're needed in multiplayers; its a role most people consider boring, but its worse to keep failing at something just because everyone wants to be the hero. Besides, if the game is challenging enough that it actually matters whether or not you're a good support then obviously a bit more interesting.

Junglers are a bit odd when you consider the basic idea behind LoL since they aren't in a lane but they probly have the most responsibility in its metagame; they have to be both superefficient since they cant rely on the minions for consistent gold/xp and they also have to try to be in the right place at the right time for ganking, which is what wins games really.

I've been playing a few bot matches recently to get back into it and I really dig how they've nerfed Soraka; having her heal drain her hp makes it worthwhile for the other player to defend her, particularly since they've made her Q a semi-skillshot instead of hitting everything near her. So yeah, it kinda sucks that my favourite supports been nerfed I guess, but it was good design. She definitely was OP before, she could practically APC with the tiny cooldown on that Q and with potentially 3 heal spells, 2 that could heal herself, if you chose the summoners heal spell. Which ofc you would, 'cause you're playing a support =P

I mean, there's a lot of fun supports like Thresh or Blitzcrank. The role itself is definitely not super boring, it just appeals less to others because you're not dealing tons of damage and can't do cool things like win 1v1s or 1v2s while split pushing.

As for junglers, I feel like that statement over-generalizes the role. I mean, Master Yi can just arrive and take your minions, amirite? You have a lot of devourer junglers that would like to take stacks after stacks, and some champions like Amumu are stuck jungling because they have difficulty laning effectively. Anyways, a lot of junglers just need to apply pressure and make sure they're taking the camps efficiently while doing so. Sometimes, if the jungler is super aggressive, they can invade the enemy jungle, drop deep wards, steal camps, maybe 1v1 enemy jungler. It also helps to grab crabs, control the dragon pit, and help the laners take down towers by pressuring the enemy laner with a mosquito zapper (shoo shoo).

Also, rejoice, my friend! Last time I checked, Soraka is considered one of the best solo queue supports!

Edited by Yuugami