Seriel

Indie in a week!

Here is my entry: Goddess of the Nether!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dwx723596as3bnc/GotN.exe

Credits:

Story: Kyriaki

Graphics: Enterbrain, Celianna, Lunarea, Neo-Himeism, Nayuki

Scripts: Yanfly, Yami, Mithran, Kread-Ex

Found a bug! After you get to the precinct after the dream there is a short cutscene and a Fadeout. Unfortunately the game never fades back in. So it was just a black screen after that point :(

Am I able to sign up? I noticed there is no start or finish date assigned yet and I think it'd be a good a time as any to finally make a game and finish it so if I can join the competition I'd like to please x) Here's to Apple land!

Unfortunately just the other day Jackus posted that all further entries past his post will not be accepted. Check back on page 15.

Edit: Jackus said HE wouldn't judge it, I'd assume that'd go for every other judge just to keep things fair. I'd wait for him to confirm whether or not you'll be in the competition just to be certain, nobody would want you to make an entry for no reason.

Edited by CVincent

Unfortunately just the other day Jackus posted that all further entries past his post will not be accepted. Check back on page 15.

Edit: Jackus said HE wouldn't judge it, I'd assume that'd go for every other judge just to keep things fair. I'd wait for him to confirm whether or not you'll be in the competition just to be certain, nobody would want you to make an entry for no reason.

The contest is over plus you had to join before it start it start on the 1th idk why he never updated it

The contest is over plus you had to join before it start it start on the 1th idk why he never updated it

Yeah, you can't enter any more. Sorry.

I might rerun this contest at a later date, so watch out!

Gunsage.

When did you start your project? I have reason to believe (And proof from Windows) that it was before the contest begun.

Ergo, until you explain yourself, I am formally disqualifying your game.

I started my game on the day we were supposed to start it.  I don't remember exactly when I started it on that day, however.

Edit:  One more thing, I finished up a day early, so to be fair, I would still be within the basic parameters either way.

Edited by gunsage

I started my game on the day we were supposed to start it.  I don't remember exactly when I started it on that day, however.

It was supposed to be 7PM GMT.

Your datestamp says 12:42.

Edit:  One more thing, I finished up a day early, so to be fair, I would still be within the basic parameters either way.

Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

I'm not entirely clear on the rules (some images don't pop up here at work), but I'm definitely interested in signing up.

I will think about it first... When it exactly start, and when it exactly ends?

Can you give a specific date and specific timezone? (Yeah, timezone thing is confusing sometimes xD )

About this time tommorow.

Unless it's too short notice.

Signing up everyone now hold on..

@gunsage - this game features Eric in awesome way (+60 points from me) Best game ever.

Also, what about the time? When it starts, when it ends? Please specify in "3 hours to start"; "5 hours to start" method, because I'm kinda lazy to check the timezone. Or say what hour do you have, then I'll do the maths. =>

Actually, he said it started as of September 1st. That would be today.

Edit: Also, for the most part, this is the only time of the day I can work on projects.

Actually, he said it started as of September 1st. That would be today.

Edit: Also, for the most part, this is the only time of the day I can work on projects.

The conetst will start in ~4 hours.

Please try not to make anything before then.

It's not too late to sign up!!

oh time zones thats why

So is there a specific theme we're supposed to follow or just make whatever, but within the rules.  I was just wondering, because while I'm at work, all I can do is ask, read, etc.  :P

So here's the thing, the details were all over the place and I simply started on the day that I was told we would be starting.  There was information I wasn't able to check out while I was at work and as soon as I got up the day of the contest, I immediately started working on it (I was only able to work on it during the early morning on days that I had to work Sunday-Thursday).  But even if I had started 24 hours later, I still would have turned it in on time, that's what I'm trying to say.

I'm not protecting gunsage's mistake, but he does have a point. The OP was never updated with official times when it was beginning and ending... even after it had started... but there is this:

I want to try this out, so let me know if you can sign me up for this.  :)

You got in at literally the last minute. Add you asap.

Aaaaaaand we're off.

Go make those games!

And several posts before it actually started counting it down.

In the end... I think it was pretty clear when it was starting.

Oh and those times are CST =P

Next time, it woudn't be a bad idea to update the OP with official times with time zones so there is no confusion in the matter.

Edited by drassray

I'm not protecting gunsage's mistake, but he does have a point. The OP was never updated with official times when it was beginning and ending... even after it had started... but there is this:

I want to try this out, so let me know if you can sign me up for this.  :)

You got in at literally the last minute. Add you asap.

Aaaaaaand we're off.

Go make those games!

And several posts before it actually started counting it down.

In the end... I think it was pretty clear when it was starting.

Oh and those times are CST =P

Next time, it woudn't be a bad idea to update the OP with official times with time zones so there is no confusion in the matter.

Next time we should use this https://countingdownto.com/ , Makes it easy for everyone :)

Yup, I also got confused several times. =P

May I ask a question?

Can I post that silly game of mine here? I know it's late, but I don't want to waste all of that work, because of some rl urgency.

Of course, it'll be not for judging. As I said, I was doing that only for fun, though it'll be sad to waste all of that hard work.

And... I don't see a point of creating a thread for that for now.

So if I understand correctly, I started a few hours early without realizing I started early, continued working on the project, got it done almost 24 hours before the project was officially due, and now it won't be counted because I started early...but finished early.  In other words, it took me about 6 days to complete this project.  I worked very hard on this every day and eagerly looked forward to my project being judged.  I even said that I honestly did not care if I won or not because I was just happy to participate.

You weren't 100% clear on exactly how you wanted this to operate, so I began working on my project on the day we were told to start working on the project, then I come to find out 8 days later I find out that I'm disqualified.  That really makes me feel like my efforts were worth something.

Come on Jackus, Gunsage has a good point. 

The contest is just for fun, there's no need for people to have a bad experience of it when their intention was to follow the rules carefully.  Look at how many times Gunsage asked to clarify the deadline.  Because the times were maybe not posted so clearly and he wanted to be sure he was understanding them.

Please?

Come on Jackus, Gunsage has a good point. 

The contest is just for fun, there's no need for people to have a bad experience of it when their intention was to follow the rules carefully.  Look at how many times Gunsage asked to clarify the deadline.  Because the times were maybe not posted so clearly and he wanted to be sure he was understanding them.

Please?

Agreed.

Pleeeease? For Eric? :D

Also about the deadlining, I think this one time we can still apply the grandfather clause since this is the first one of the contest, right?

Next time, /we all/ have to be more careful and attentive to the date and contest details ;)

Jackus is right - gunsage doesn't have to post his game - it already won for having awesome story about Eric!

I agree, that OP has lack of information that could confuse people, don't make him waste so much of hard work (like me =P). FOR ERIC!

I wanna see your game Riki!  I hear the menus are great!!  :D

It's all silly. =P but thanks! =3

I think you would need to create a thread, as it wont be judged even though you worked hard on it :) I sorry

I know it'll be not judged, but I simply don't want to completely waste my work as I worked so hard on it, even if it has ~5 minutes of gameplay.

I removed the 99% (only some BGS/SE are left) of RTP stuff and did everything from scratch, so you can imagine how hard that was to make all of this.

And there's no point in creating a thread for a 5 minutes of gameplay, (I'm not sure if I should continue this project or not) so it'd be better to just put that here as my 'late entry' to show what I wanted to do.

@gunsage: I understand your concerns, that's why for this time only, I am un-disqualifying you.

But be aware, next time the contest runs I won't be so lenient.

@Rikifive: You can post your game here, it won't be judged anyway, anyone who has unfinished projects, post them if you want.

@gunsage: I understand your concerns, that's why for this time only, I am un-disqualifying you.

But be aware, next time the contest runs I won't be so lenient.

You? Lenient? After you caused mass chaos by not setting a proper start and end date that everyone can universally use?

Stop being a jerk and acting like a child towards others for your own faults.