Sign in to follow this  
lonequeso

Attack elements

Quick question. If a battler has more than one type of elemental damage active i.e. fire and ice, how does it effect elemental

resistance? Does one just replace the other or would each be calculated at 50%?

Thanks!

I think it should still work logistically.

If a battler is weak against fire but normal against ice, then it should still deal the extra damage from the fire attacks.

and vice versa for ice.

However, if one battle is weak to fire and is strong against ice, then they should counter each other in a sense.

If your 50% fire

but are 150% ice

then theresistance should be 100% if you use both at the same time

If fire is 40%

and ice is 120% then it should roughly 80% resistance, if that makes sense?

Atleast, that's how I am assuming it's working for my game.

I think the result is dependent on the way damage is applied.

I haven't messed with turn based combat in awhile, but I seem to remember that in the default editor it isn't possible to use multiple element types unless you create a skill that uses multiple element types in the damage formula itself. i.e. b.element_rate(n) .

If you make a damage formula with element rates in it, the outcome will be whatever you want it to be. You're only limited by your ability to make a complicated formula.

So just to expand upon using the default editor functions; if you use the "choose element type" drop box, it basically just slaps the respective element rate at the end of your formula for you. Like this:

(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * b.element_rate(n)

So unless you're using a different battle engine from the default editor, it's either not possible to use multiple element rates w/o script calls or the damage modifiers you created with script calls will do whatever you intended for them to do.

But I haven't messed with this stuff in awhile so perhaps I'm not remembering things correctly.

Lol. Three different answers.

@Takeo- That's the way I'm hoping it works. It makes the most sense to me. Hopefully, RTP agrees. 

@Xypher- I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I really don't want it to be so I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.  :P

@StrayBalloon- I am using Yanfly's battle engine. I don't recall there being any difference as far as elemental attacks go. I don't have any special formulas. What brought the question up is I have a skill that grants Fire and Wind force to a character. Each state gives attacks it's respective element.

I'm going to have to run some tests. Thanks for responses!

...I don't recall there being any difference as far as elemental attacks go. I don't have any special formulas. What brought the question up is I have a skill that grants Fire and Wind force to a character. Each state gives attacks it's respective element.

Oh I see. This is a question about Element ATK priority as designated by states. This is different then what I was thinking it was.

Learned something new today.