The answer to Frisky's question always confuses me because it seems so simple when other people explain it...

Suppose I have 2 slimes in a troop.  When the battle is over I want a counter to have advanced by 2.  The first slime I kill will add to the counter but the second doesn't because no matter the order of the battle event, the battle ends (I guess) before/without adding to the counter.  I try making the slimes immortal and having the counter advance when HP gets to 0, then turning off immortal, but it doesn't work for the second slime.  ??

I've always found that tricky as well, the whole ending of the battle thing really interferes. Turning the monster immortal works, but instead of just turning it off, you can simply kill the monster with an event after you increase the counter. I did this as a 'side quest' to kill a certain number of monsters in a game I was working on in Ace and it worked wonders. Keep in mind this will require you to have this event in every 'troop' that has these monsters.

Edited by Shaddow

The answer to Frisky's question always confuses me because it seems so simple when other people explain it...

Suppose I have 2 slimes in a troop.  When the battle is over I want a counter to have advanced by 2.  The first slime I kill will add to the counter but the second doesn't because no matter the order of the battle event, the battle ends (I guess) before/without adding to the counter.  I try making the slimes immortal and having the counter advance when HP gets to 0, then turning off immortal, but it doesn't work for the second slime.  ??

It doesn't increase the variable before the battle ends? That's strange. I have something similar for a couple troops.

Both are quests where you have to collect items they drop. It's a custom drop rate I use in the troop event. No script. Just a random number variable. I could've sworn I've seen a successful drop from the last enemy killed. The process should work the same for increasing a variable. I'll have to go back and double check that. 

I am also having problems. When the snake is defeated, it is supposed to turn on a switch, but he wont turn it on. I know it's the switch, I set up a person with a conditional branch, looking for the switch, and it came out saying the switch was off
post-60403-0-94414600-1442694537_thumb.png

post-60403-0-94414600-1442694537_thumb.png

I wish I could see .png's at work.... I believe on mine instead of using the HP condition, I use When "Death" is inflicted. It should process the "Death" condition before the battle ends and run the rest of the eventing. 

Of course "should" is the operative word there. :wacko: 

Have any of you tried that method?

Shaddow mine looks identical except for increasing a variable instead of flipping a switch. Wait, you made them immortal as part of the event rather than as a state on the "enemies" page?  ...Okay, that's worse.  Now they don't disappear, the battle is endless.

ms6zsys.pngcU6j14a.png529nMTD.png

Edited by xoferew

eh.....it's been quite a while since I messed with Ace lol, I forgot you could make them immortal on the enemy page. Though I did not have any trouble making them disappear. Adding death still works even if they are immortal. All immortal does is say that 0 hp != death, if I remember correctly.

Edit: I see where your error is, I think. Did you make them 'immortal' by making them immune to the state death? I did that and the death state never takes so the fight never ends.

Edited by Shaddow

Hm, I still can't see what I'm doing differently than you.  I made them immortal by clicking add state:  immortal.

Assign immortal within battle event and later remove immortal status:  battle ends, only counts first slime

Assign immortal within battle event and later add death:  hm, today the battle ends, can't figure out what I did differently this morning, but still only counts first slime.

Assign death resist on enemy page and add death in battle event:  never ends.  seems to only count first slime

Assign immortal on enemy page and add death in battle event:  battle ends, only counts first slime.

Assign immortal on enemy page and remove immortal status in battle event:  battle ends, only counts first slime

I added in immortal limited to 'battle'.

I never removed the immortal status, just added in the death status.

I put a wait 20 after i added the switch but before the death state.

I made sure to add it to each monster if there is more than one.

I feel like this is exactly what you're doing?  (Except with a longer wait just in case that's the issue.)

RzDandM.png

This seems like it is advancing the counter properly but the battle never ends.

that is strange, let me mess around with mine a bit more and see if I can duplicate this problem.

edit: the only way I can duplicate the error of the monster not dying is when I give them immunity to state death on the monster itself.

otherwise it works without fail.

Edited by Shaddow

I really appreciate all your help, Shaddow.  There must be something making some people's games react differently, but what?  I have no scripts, no parallel process events on the map, no common events being called from anywhere...

Hm, okay, using Frisky's example I turn off immortal, then have it say the slime is dying, then advance the counter, and then wait, and then add death.

Result:  I am now getting text notifications for both slimes, which wasn't happening before, but only one counter advance.  Soooo....

*try, try, try...*

It works!  But I had to move the counter ABOVE the text notification for some reason that I don't understand.