Nicke

XS - Inventory Weight

xs.png

Inventory Weight

Version: 1.0b

Introduction

This script enables you to have a inventory weight on items. You can decide for yourself how the max weight should be increased in the script.

Features

• Maximum weight increases as you level up. (This is default)
  • Easy to setup the weight for the item's using the notetag.
  • Choose your own formula how the max weight should increase.
  • Stack option. Enable/disable if you want the weight to be increased even if you have 2 or more of the same items.
  • Encumberment option as in dashing will be disabled and movement decreased if current weight is at a certain percent of max weight. See more details in the script.
  • And more!

Screenshots
None.

How to Use
Instructions how to use it can be find inside the script.
To install this script, open up your script editor and copy/paste this script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Script
Get the script here.

Updates
Version 1.0b released. Added encumberment option which basicially means the actor will walk/run at a decreased speed if current weight is equal to a certain percent of max weight. Dashing will also be disabled if weight is equal/or above 90% of max weight. This version also changes the current weight to be floated value instead of an integer.

Credit
Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planing on using this script. Thanks.
Can be use in a commercial project.

Yes, thank you! Been waiting for this. Your instructions aren't too clear though. So, say Potions weigh 0.5 lbs. Would a stack of 50 potions be 25 lbs or still 0.5? If this isn't so, do you plan on adding this feature?

Edited by Jon Wei

Yes, a item can stack to 99 and it wont increase the weight so you can have a Life Potion of 99 and it will still weight the same. I guess I should Implement a option to enable/disable how that work. Anyways, do you get a "stack level too deep" error?

Yes, a item can stack to 99 and it wont increase the weight so you can have a Life Potion of 99 and it will still weight the same. I guess I should Implement a option to enable/disable how that work. Anyways, do you get a "stack level too deep" error?

Yes, I do.

Btw: Features to add?

- Show the weight of the item (Possibly make it compatible with Yanfly Item Menu Ace)

- Show a weight bar (Like used weight out of total weight)

Great script, though you don't state how it informs the player when they reach the inventory limit. Also, an item drop feature should be pretty useful so as to not force the player to get to a shop to unload if they found an item they would want to equip right there and then. On that subject, does it calculate the weight of the worn equipment? If not, a toggle for that feature would surely be useful. As I said, a great script and with some additions and fixes this will certainly be a standard for inventory limit scripts for Ace. Good work!

Great script, though you don't state how it informs the player when they reach the inventory limit. Also, an item drop feature should be pretty useful so as to not force the player to get to a shop to unload if they found an item they would want to equip right there and then. On that subject, does it calculate the weight of the worn equipment? If not, a toggle for that feature would surely be useful. As I said, a great script and with some additions and fixes this will certainly be a standard for inventory limit scripts for Ace. Good work!

There is a script around here that allows you to drop items.

Edited by Jon Wei

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently rewriting the script now to get rid of a few bugs and hopefully it will be more robust this time and maybe I can add some features that you suggested.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently rewriting the script now to get rid of a few bugs and hopefully it will be more robust this time and maybe I can add some features that you suggested.

Sorry if this seems too demanding, but if you could add something like overflow of items? Like, a stack of 99 items overflows to a new stack. This probably is totally different from your script too. (And allow the player to set how many they want stackable)

Yeah @Jon Wei thats something I wont be doing in this script, maybe I can do a different one.

Okay, released 1.0a which is a rewrite of the script and this is also compatible with Icon Menu (shows weight and max weight) and Icon Item (you can see the weight of the selected item).

Yeah @Jon Wei thats something I wont be doing in this script, maybe I can do a different one.

Okay, released 1.0a which is a rewrite of the script and this is also compatible with Icon Menu (shows weight and max weight) and Icon Item (you can see the weight of the selected item).

Do you mind if I patch this for Yanfly Item Menu/Menu Ace? This is what I managed to 'patch'

Grab2012-05-06at120455PM.png

Edited by Jon Wei

The weight on worn equipment is a cool idea. Would add another level of strategy to what you equip yourself with if weight can slow down your characters.

Do you mind if I patch this for Yanfly Item Menu/Menu Ace? This is what I managed to 'patch'

Grab2012-05-06at120455PM.png

Can you post the script you're using to show the weight with Yanfly's script please? :)

So, I have an idea for a possible feature, but I am not sure if you still want to add to this script or not. You already have it to where dash is disabled if overencumbered, but you could go a step further as well if you wished. Why not give the option to also lower the agility stat a set amount when you reach a certain weight. Maybe even allow increments (at 50lbs, you lose 25 agi... at 100lbs, you lose 60 agi... etc).

Just a thought. Could allow your inventory to also effect battles in a new way.

Yes, like on the first event page with the change itmes command, is it possible to make the script check and change the weight that way instead of having to do script calls for every item there is, as I have many items and weapons in my game.

The FP Inventory scrip has it so all you have to do is put a notetag in the item, and it will automatically count the weight, without having script calls, but it doesn't have any consequences for the weight like yours does, and IDK how to script, but if anyone finds a way to combine them I would apreciate knowing.

Edited by jobwaggon

By the way everyone I wrote two little script to add on to this script so that you can display the weight and max weight on the menu. They are found in completed Scripts. They are very user friendly.

Hey there! Not sure what's going wrong (I'm fairly new to this sort of thing), but I've installed this script along with the Party Max Weight and the Item Weight Display scripts, and for some reason, everything sticks with a weight of 0. I added weight through the note tag, and I used the script calls that you mentioned. However, it never adds any weight or any items, and the Item Weight Display reads 0, no matter what I do. How exactly do I add an item and have it's weight count?

Thanks for your time!