Jump to content
Eric Matyas

Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 1800 Tracks

Recommended Posts

Your library gets really interesting, I'm pretty sure I'll have some nice use from these someday. c

 

If that wouldn't be too much, please consider adding some more sound effects once in a while. There's never enough of these. :P When I'll be working on non-8 bit games, I'll be surely looking for some. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 8:52 PM, Rikifive said:

Your library gets really interesting, I'm pretty sure I'll have some nice use from these someday. c

 

If that wouldn't be too much, please consider adding some more sound effects once in a while. There's never enough of these. :P When I'll be working on non-8 bit games, I'll be surely looking for some. 😁

Yeah, I do need to build up the sound fx part of the site more. Any requests for specific types of sounds?

 

In the meantime...

 

Another super busy week…ugh…but I did manage to get a couple of new tracks done. Free as always to use with attribution:

On my Horror/Surreal page, we have:

CREEPY ACTION – (Looping) – This track might sound cool in a quick moving horror game…or perhaps something else that combines action with creepiness. It came out pretty well…if you need something like this, give it a try.
https://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/


On my Puzzle Music 4 page:

CRYSTAL PUZZLES – (Looping) – This track might sound nice in, well, a puzzle game involving crystals….or perhaps other shimmering objects, light rays, etc. It has a techno feel to it as well. Should sound pretty cool under sound fx.
https://soundimage.org/puzzle-music-4/

Btw, if anyone happens to have kids (or know someone who does) I’ve created a learning series that teaches them environmental stewardship in a fun way through stories and characters. It was my first try at making films with a DSLR…(they can be very challenging to work with in the field)…but I think they came out pretty well. The organization I made them for was very happy with them and uses the films all the time…hopefully others can benefit from them as well. Please feel free to share with teachers, family, friends or anyone you know who might find them useful.

https://soundimage.org/dunes-island/

Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eric Matyas said:

Yeah, I do need to build up the sound fx part of the site more. Any requests for specific types of sounds?

Kinda a coincidence you've posted the CRYSTAL PUZZLES track, because I'm planning to make a match-three game with crystals and stuff someday (if I ever manage to find the time for it, that is). For sure I'll be looking for some magical sounds of some sort for tapping gems, moving them around, their 'explosions' etc. etc.~ basically everything such a game will need.

 

However, the style I'll be looking for is rather ... um.. specific, to say at least, so I'm honestly not sure if this is a good place to mention any of this. :P 

Here's a concept art I made:

Spoiler

7RvRBWh.png&key=255a147aafd498e3f3432ae2

 

Either way, I'll be basically looking for some magical puzzle sounds and I was thinking, that it won't hurt to mention things here ~ as I said, it's never enough of sound effects and I'm having difficulties with finding the ones that would work well for me.

 

So yeah, it's nothing important and feel free to disregard this, but if you'd have some sound effects for that, I'd be sure to check these out. 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 6:40 PM, Rikifive said:

Kinda a coincidence you've posted the CRYSTAL PUZZLES track, because I'm planning to make a match-three game with crystals and stuff someday (if I ever manage to find the time for it, that is). For sure I'll be looking for some magical sounds of some sort for tapping gems, moving them around, their 'explosions' etc. etc.~ basically everything such a game will need.

 

However, the style I'll be looking for is rather ... um.. specific, to say at least, so I'm honestly not sure if this is a good place to mention any of this. :P 

Here's a concept art I made:

  Reveal hidden contents

7RvRBWh.png&key=255a147aafd498e3f3432ae2

 

Either way, I'll be basically looking for some magical puzzle sounds and I was thinking, that it won't hurt to mention things here ~ as I said, it's never enough of sound effects and I'm having difficulties with finding the ones that would work well for me.

 

So yeah, it's nothing important and feel free to disregard this, but if you'd have some sound effects for that, I'd be sure to check these out. 😁 

I can always create custom sound effects for you if need be. If you decide to go this route, feel free to email me. 🙂

 

In the meantime...

 

Greetings Earth People,

This week’s new music tracks are:

On my Sci-Fi 7 page:

"INVASION!" – They’re heading this way! Run for your life! Aliens? Zombies? Slimy monsters? Something else entirely?

https://soundimage.org/sci-fi-7/

On my Funny 6 page:

“PARTY GHOULS” - Rockin’ it in their haunted party mansion. This track might be fun in a goofy Halloween-themed game or something like that.

https://soundimage.org/funny-6/

And two tracks on my Positive / Upbeat page:

"OF SUMMERS GONE BY" – Here’s a high energy 80’s-style piece with a sweet, slightly magical feel that might sound nice in a game, video or perhaps something else.

CAREFREE DAYS AT PELICAN SHORES – Carefree and creative…bouncing around town without a worry in the world. Wouldn’t that be great?

https://soundimage.org/positive-upbeat/

All are free to use, as always, with attribution.

If anyone has kids or younger siblings, I've created a fun environmental learning series that (I hope) will engage them through stories and characters. The organization I made it for uses the films all the time, and I'm sharing them with the rest of the world. Please feel free to check them out and share with friends, parents, teachers or anyone else who might find them helpful.

https://soundimage.org/dunes-island/

Keep being creative and have a good weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Eric Matyas said:

I can always create custom sound effects for you if need be. If you decide to go this route, feel free to email me. 🙂

I don't really want to bother you with such silly stuff and it's nothing important anyway, as it would be just a silly fanmade minigame. 😛

Also taking your works into consideration, I think you have your own specific style, so I'm not sure if you'd be feeling comfortable in that area.

 

Either way, I'm not sure if I'd really have any specific requests -- or rather, be able to explain it accurately ~ just the basic sounds a match-three game can have, with fancy~magical feel I guess. 😛 

 

A library of sounds in general would be handy, so I'll leave it all up to you, just suggesting to add more once in a while. 🙂 Thanks and keep it up! :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×