EpicFILE

EpicFILE Drawing Stuff

Welcome to EpicFILE Drawing Stuff!

(I think I'm gonna change the topic name later because it doesn't sound really good...)

It's been a while since I'm doing serious drawing.

Recently I play Soul Calibur... IDK why, it makes me want to draw again. xD

(Maybe because its great arts... Or fancy costumes? It opens up my inspiration traffic anyway)

Here's a picture I made today.  ^_^

VmWMYUY.png

Coloring was always a hard time for me. It can give me major headache O_O (seriously).

Usually, I (mainly) use a pre-made pallette when I try to color my drawing (a messy one, no color theory applied).

This is the first time I'm playing around with the color wheel, with the color theory in mind.

I'm kinda surprised with the result.

I can work faster with significantly less effort in trying to choose good colors.

The lesson I learn today is a modified version of "Practice makes perfect".

It's "Knowledge and practice makes perfect". Hurray!

Did I sounds like a long-bearded hermit? (No way! xD)

Oh, yes. The picture description:

He's a guy. He's a pirate. He's a pirate guy! *big band plays in the background

I'm not planning to make him a character in my project (or future projects).

So I suppose pirate guy is enough.

What do you think?  :D

Edited by EpicFILE28

Daaaaang! That looks good! I love the colors you chose, very....pirate-like, very rough, just like a pirate. Also, the proportions! I suck so much at drawing hands and arms....and legs....limbs in general. Any tips?

I really don't have any critiques for this, perhaps the pants' groin area....no, those must be one of those baggy pants. Oh! Maybe put some smudges or bits of tatters and ripped parts on his clothing, to further emphasize that pirate look.

Man, you're good at this. Draw more! :D

Whoa this is amazing!

It really looks great and I like everything about it!

Your work is great! Keep it up! I want to see more of your work. Wonderfull!

Thanks, Sality and Rikifive! ^^

Daaaaang! That looks good! I love the colors you chose, very....pirate-like, very rough, just like a pirate. Also, the proportions! I suck so much at drawing hands and arms....and legs....limbs in general. Any tips?

I really don't have any critiques for this, perhaps the pants' groin area....no, those must be one of those baggy pants. Oh! Maybe put some smudges or bits of tatters and ripped parts on his clothing, to further emphasize that pirate look.

Man, you're good at this. Draw more! :D

I can't give any specific tips for that. (I can't transform it into tips yet. The best tips for now is keep drawing xD)

I believe the smudges and tatters can give more pirate-y look, but seems like I'll just move on to another work.

Thanks for your comment and suggestions!  :D

Edited by EpicFILE28

Hello!

Another artwork done today! (Or yesterday? It's been 5 October here...)

1qpa1bi.png

By seeing his fashion taste, you can guess he's no ordinary old man... And you're right!

He's a martial artist master with many years of experience.

For those who dare to challenge him, he'll give a special present:

A kick which can cause serious stomachache (or even worse, instant coma).

It's no wonder we can call him Hyper Old Man.

You have art skills, so leaving empty signature was a crime. =3

Colorful banners, that are referring to avatar/personality, representing yourself and other stuff is really nice to see in people's signatures.

Supporting is also nice, but these banners are... empty. They absolutely don't tell anything ~ it's just not yours... If you know what I mean.

Anyway now it has life in it. =3

*o* Make my characters for my game!! lol xD just kidding, although >.> if my demo is spectacularly good then maybe you'll consider it! *gets back to working on game then realises post hasn't been sent yet and gets back to writing* your art is so rustic and raw o.o and just amazing, its lacking for detail in some areas makes the detail more vivid and defined. The roughness around the edges just makes me love it <3

It's raining today. Though it has stopped now, the air is still cooler than usual. (in my place of course)

Cooler temperature is more fun. Hurray!  :D

Anyway, the rain has given me an inspiration to draw.

Here's another artwork done today:

iFAY4Fs.png

Originally I want to make her a pole wielder martial artist.

But I try to fit her with the canvas, so there's only little room for the pole.

It ends up being a cane... =P

And she's no longer a martial artist. (though that's questionable if you see her description  :ph34r:)

Description:

She's an owner of a restaurant.... But what's up with that cane?

She's ready to swing her cane like a sword for those who don't want to pay and for those who like to make a chaos.

A good smack will make them learn.

Her attitude makes everyone calls her the Restaurant's Peace Keeper.

Really nice work!  :)

Your colors are nice and balanced, which makes each drawing pleasing to look at, even without shading. Some of your facial angles are a bit odd, but other than that your proportions look great!

Really nice work!  :)

Your colors are nice and balanced, which makes each drawing pleasing to look at, even without shading. Some of your facial angles are a bit odd, but other than that your proportions look great!

Yay!

Thanks for your input Amy!  :D