Sign in to follow this  
Jinumon

Ongoing (Non-Percentage) Damage

Hey all,

Here for yet ANOTHER question.

Are there any available eventing tricks or scripts that will create a State that lasts for X turns, dealing a set amount of damage every turn?

In order to make the Medic character in my current project more indispensable, I've decided that all healing not provided by his abilities is strictly temporary. A basic Stimpack might heal you 200 HP, but then you take 40 flat damage every turn for the next 5 turns, meaning that to meaningfully heal damage, you'll need some First Aid or Suturing provided by the Sawbone (the name of the class). Unfortunately, I have no idea how I might go about doing this. Any suggestions?

Jinumon

That's really just the opposite of a poison state. Just make the HP Regen into a positive number and make it last X amount of turns.

HP Regen is a percentage value. If you want a set number, that may require a script. I'm not sure how to do that.

Edited by lonequeso

Well, if you use a bit of trickery, I'm pretty sure you can go into the Skill page and set a common event to deal said damage after the state is inflicted. I got that to work for XP, but I'm not fully sure if you can do the same with VX Ace. However, you may need to also set common events in the troops with varible settings to trigger the HP change result. However, like the other engines, it has to be set up for every position each character is able to be in, the name and targeting spot, and then setting the variable amount to let the state take its course.

That's really just the opposite of a poison state. Just make the HP Regen into a positive number and make it last X amount of turns.

HP Regen is a percentage value. If you want a set number, that may require a script. I'm not sure how to do that.

I think you misunderstand. I don't want something to heal periodically (although I'm sure those kinds of items/abilities will find a way into my game somewhere), I want something to damage periodically at a flat rate. The idea is to heal a flat amount on use, like any regular old potion, but then to slowly take damage until all the amount that you initially healed is gone, probably over the course of 5 turns. Stimpacks will buy you time to finish a fight or to get proper healing, but they are strictly temporary.

Jinumon