LEGACY OF THE WORLD

doT2bBZ.png

OP latest update: 03/31/16

Developers: PowerBurger & TheMisterLuigi (Special thanks to our friend, Miku Boy, for being a regular playtester for us)

Genre: Turn-Based RPG

Game Progression: 1/8th of the game is completed. Game resources are subject to change. Aiming for Summer/Fall 2016 release for Demo v2.0.

Average Game Length: The demo averages around 7-11 hours. This includes various sidequests in the game, in addition to the main story events.

Recruitment: N/A

Story & Setting: 

Legacy of the World takes place in a fictional Earth, set over 1000 years in the future. Technology appears to have regressed to a point of becoming scarce to non-existent. The story begins with a semi-retired mercenary named Kurtwood Okerson who lives in the little town of Oaksville. The day seems to be rather ordinary as he goes out to meet an old friend, but then he is given a message from the king of Elsnoire. He assumes it is just another call for work from the king, but upon his arrival to Elsnoire, he encounters a mysterious group of hooded individuals and is eventually wrapped into far bigger events than one could imagine. Events that could very well concern the entire world.

Playable Characters:

There's quite an ensemble of characters in the game already. These are just the player characters!

xuGGvKb.png

KURTWOOD OKERSON

- Default Class: Mercenary
 - Title: "The Midnight Mercenary" (Known by this during his time with The Stonewall Mercenaries)

- Race: Human

Kurtwood is a rather seasoned mercenary who retired early when he decided he had gotten all he could get out of the lifestyle. A professional in work, a level-headed leader, and a voice of reason and kindness among his friends, he has a natural charisma about him. He is recognized for his talents and is known as the "Midnight Mercenary" in parts of the world, the namesake being a reference to his profession and midnight-blue hair color. He is especially renowned in Elsnoire, to which the king takes it upon himself to hire him on a whim. Little does Kurtwood know that he will soon be hired for quite possibly his most important job yet!

- First encountered in Oaksville. Is present for bosses 1-4.

mY3Bq60.png

MARGOT ALEXANDRA

- Default Class: Red Mage

- Title: "The Red Scare" (Oh dear gosh!)

Margot possesses a vibrant and joking personality and is an old friend of Kurtwood's. She is known by a name as well, although is not nearly as renowned nor is she known by the name for nice reason either (her dominant personality can be a bit intimidating to some). She is quite the witty intellectual though, one who often has snappy remarks to situations and one who will often never miss a beat, unless it has to do with directions. She gained an affinity for magic at a rather young age and is certainly capable of using magic of many kinds with great ease. She prefers Red Magic because it covers the most ground, which is good, because there will be lots of ground to cover in this world!

- First encountered in Oaksville. Is present for bosses 1-4.

yaxUIoh.png

PHILLIP ARVIN

- Default Class: Technician

- Title: "The Eager Beaver" (By his father and brother... sometimes)

A good-mannered boy who lives a fairly uneventful, middle-class life with his parents in the Kingdom of Elsnoire. He is there on the day that the mysterious hooded individuals appear around the center area of Elsnoire, and there he also encounters Kurtwood and Margot as they arrive to see the gathering. Phillip is not nearly as experienced in the ways of the world as either Margot or Kurtwood, but from the foundations set by his family, he is able to learn quickly. By deciding to go with Kurtwood and Margot (with permission from his parents, of course) what he chooses to involve himself in will prove to be a life-changing experience.

- First encountered in Elsnoire. Is present for bosses 1-3. Absent for part of boss 4.

dhKlSNm.png

ALICE WEATHERLY

- Default Class: White Mage

- Title: "The Violet Priestess" (Friendly nickname by Paul and the knights in Elsnoire)

Alice is a kind, yet headstrong young woman who appreciates simple life values and loves to make new discoveries. She is a good friend of Phillip's brother Paul, and the older of two children of Elsnoire's Friar Eisen Weatherly. Although not necessarily the closest friend to Phillip, they have known each other for quite some time as well. She gets involved in an investigation started by King Elsnoire not on his terms, but on her own. Her younger brother Elliot has gone missing, and Alice is not one to sit idle as the days without knowing where her brother has disappeared to grow longer. This prompts her to join forces with Kurtwood, who also ends up being another person taking part in King Elsnoire's investigation.

- First encountered in Elsnoire. Is present for boss 2.

XOqZknN.png

ELIZA

- Default Class: Witch
 - Title: "The Mood Ring" (Known by this during her time with The Stonewall Mercenaries)

An old cohort of the Kurtwood's and a fellow (former) Stonewall Mercenary, she has known him for quite some time. Eliza is completely blind, and yet she is able to see using Wiccan magic. This has certainly had... odd effects on her personality as well as her physical being. The magic causes her eyes to change color to reflect her current mood, yet her expressions may not be the best indicator for reading her emotions, as they tend to not match how she is really feeling. For the most part, she comes off as very spacey and just generally strange, but one thing is for certain... Eliza is definitely an interesting person to have around.

- First encountered in Elsnoire. First playable in Cyria. Is present for bosses 2-4.

"Secret" Characters:

May contain some plot spoilers!

Hey, you peeked after the topic was updated! Uh... hooray? You get to read some secret plot thingies here!

4wmNq9k.png

KHALLERIA VON ARNIM-LUDENBERG

- Default Class: Gunner
 - Title: "The Street Scrapper" (Also "Troublemaker" by a certain hooded person)

A young woman who is a part of the mysterious hooded group, later known as the World Union, that surfaced in Elsnoire. She herself does not seem too eager to be a part of for much longer though. Khalleria certainly leaves an impression... on Margot (she made her a bit cross in their first encounter, to a bit of Kurtwood's hidden amusement). Although she does not interact with the group for too long of a time, she doesn't exactly seem malicious. Perhaps she can be an ally to them... and even serve as the group's way in to the World Union? Another thing that the group notices about her later is that she has some interesting eyes underneath her hair...

- Playable in Cyria and Phillip's Nightmare: Part 1. Encountered again in Crissanthia Village and joins in Emanon alongside her adoptive father.

pgK1kuq.png

GREGORY

- Default Class: Malbane
 - Title: Bane of Evil (Is literally what his class means...)

A crafty young man who has a tendency to show up at just the right moments. He is a bit of a people-pleaser and holds a strong belief that the future is not set in stone. He is also the person who rescues Alice's brother (which certainly wins some brownie points with the party). Supposedly he hails from a different world, but whether or not his claims hold true has yet to be seen. If he is indeed from another world, why did he choose to come to Earth? He later says that an "Eleanor" sent him here, but then that just leaves even more questions...

- Playable in Elsnoire. Replaces Phillip for boss 4, then subsequently leaves.

GEG2UYw.png

KENICHI HIRANO

- Default Class: Sentinel
 - Title: "The Quiet One" (You know what they say... "Beware the quiet ones.")

A man who does not display much confidence in his worth as a person. He is rather introverted, being meek and soft-spoken, and he is not too experienced in the ways of combat compared to Kurtwood, Gregory, Khalleria, or even Alice. He has attained much knowledge from books though, and the Headmaster of Cyria Academy certainly sees his potential. He may be a slow learner, but he is very dedicated. Maybe he has some potential in other ways too...

- Playable in Scenario 1: A Fiery Foe. Officially joins in Crissanthia Village.

RIKARD MARNELL

ABRAHAM GELLER

LINDE ARIETTA MATHIEU

and more for Demo v2.0! Who could they be?

???: http://i.imgur.com/Q9UmmAf.png

Credits:

We have used a very large amount of resources made by others, alongside original resources made by us, to the point that it may be a bit too large to put everything here.

This includes scripts, graphics, music/BGMs that are used in the game. The biggest of which being the game's scripts and music.

A .txt file will be posted of the credits page that will also be provided in the download of the game:

http://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Credits%20%5BDemo%20v1.0%5D.txt?_subject_uid=102951146&w=AACLlkzVrqFLOzOxa7dP6Chls5U38SIf2a1Z6TknO-hzNg

NOTE: Please let us (TheMisterLuigi and/or PowerBurger) know if you find something of yours in our game and we failed to credit you!

It is very possible that we may have missed some things in our credits, and we don't want you to go without being credited for work!

p.s. If we need to provide a little more, in terms of credits, please let us know about that as well!

Screenshots:

UWyr7so.pngQHrsSqh.png

^ Ech... fantastic. There's a typo in this screenshot... xD

gow9OOV.pngPy2mqlz.png

eXKjDuN.pngBwo1bKO.png

Z2ShaYI.png20dNLrw.png

Features:
 - Many custom portraits drawn by TheMisterLuigi (who is still very critical of himself and wants to continue improving the portraits for the next demo, haha).
 - Lots of non-RTP themes to help immerse you into the game!

- Easy enough to get into for newcomers to RPG games, but with challenging aspects present even for veteran players!

- Playable character individuality. One character in a certain class can be quite different from another character using the same class!

- Distinct boss fights that will require the player to use all of the classes/skills you are given to succeed!

- Enjoyable dialogue throughout the story!

Possible Bugs:

- An apparent issue with the Arrow Keys not working for movement with a playtester. It has happened one time with that single playtester, and we have not been able to replicate it, but it may be something to keep in mind. The Number Keys on the "Num Pad" can be used for controlling character movement as well though.

- A few graphical glitches? The events seem to "twitch" for a brief moment when entering new areas. It is mostly just one area where it sticks out (a roof in the "Elsnoire" area).

- A shutdown might happen on the World Map, possibly? Still trying to find out which troops cause it if any. Just take caution and save often when on the map!

Definitely Bugs:

- The well in Oaksville turns off item popups. Item popups also disappear after doing the Phillip's Nightmare Side-Quest.

- A "ghost Yvonne" talks to you if you examine her house door in Oaksville! Thankfully, it doesn't do much more than that.

- Some unspawned enemies have their HP bars appear.

- Around 10 typos. Not an actual bug, but it bugs the developers... heheheh... (yeah, starting to wonder if I'm suitable for the writing job... xD).

- The "Underground Passage" area attached to Oaksville becomes available early at some point. Some bosses can be refought down there. Seemingly does not cause crashes. Probably not recommended?

- Talking to the NPC in the Snowy House area will force a shutdown because of a missing sprite. This area is not required and not accessible until the demo's last boss is defeated though.
 - Don't talk to the enemy closest to the reaper in the unlockable scenario, as a missing theme in the game forces a shutdown.

LotW v1.0 Demo Link: http://db.tt/eZNIo2MX

Edited by TheMisterLuigi

Must... not... display developer bias...

BEST GAME 10 OUTTA 10

In all seriousness, we're glad to have finally released a demo of this game! For anyone willing to give our game a shot, we gladly appreciate it!

From us to you, thank you, and we hope you enjoy!

Edit: Despite what the thread states, the demo can actually last for 12+ hours depending on how you pace yourself with the game. Also, the post-demo content may require serious trial and error, however it's well worth it for those who enjoy the story so far.  ;)

Edited by PowerBurger

Well I may be willing to make a few maps in my free time for you. But I'll have to get back to you since right now we are working on a updated version of our own demo of "Terra Evil". 

Awesome! We do require people who work with us to actually play the demo first, however we'd greatly appreciate your help! Some of our maps definitely need a re-design, haha. 

We look forward to working with you!

Edited by PowerBurger

Awesome! We do require people who work with us to actually play the demo first, however we'd greatly appreciate your help! Some of our maps definitely need a re-design, haha. 

We look forward to working with you!

Yeah should be interesting. I will try your demo out once I have some time. I've just been really busy with my own project lately.

EDIT: Just uploaded another Screenshot of a map I made over at my Demo Topic. 

Edited by Ragnos

A couple of things I noticed:

- Yvonne is supposedly staying at the inn so she's no longer in the party, but when I examine the door to her house I still get the conversation involving her

- In the Slime Woods some of the chests do not display what you get (at least two of the small chests on the right side of the map)

A couple of things I noticed:

- Yvonne is supposedly staying at the inn so she's no longer in the party, but when I examine the door to her house I still get the conversation involving her

- In the Slime Woods some of the chests do not display what you get (at least two of the small chests on the right side of the map)

Good finds so far! I knew we'd miss some things, but I didn't think Yvonne would be one of them. 

Definitely noting this down for later. 

Addition to the report about the chests: Apparently the issue is not with the chests but with the well in the village. Normally when I open a chest a pop-up appears telling me what I have found. However after finding the item in the well the pop-ups vanish and reappear only after I close the game and then start it again. Seems to be some sort of a weird script issue.

Edited by shadowblack

I've started playing a bit, there was a bit too much tutorial to my taste.

It was cool to add a challenge for the boss but you should add something to tell when you have succed(succeded? sry I can't english). It seems to double XP but it should say so in some way.

Also a confirmation would be nice when leaving the game,if you go on the option,one misclick can send you to title screen (it happened to me)

Edit: I would have liked to see the stats of my characters before class and equipment modifications(like in the level-up screen) somewhere. To me it makes sense to use the parameters window for that, so you can quickly see who is the best fighter,tank,mage ...

Edited by Shiggy

It was cool to add a challenge for the boss but you should add something to tell when you have succed(succeded? sry I can't english). It seems to double XP but it should say so in some way.

Also a confirmation would be nice when leaving the game,if you go on the option,one misclick can send you to title screen (it happened to me)

Regarding the tutorial, it's for people who have never played an RPG Maker game before, such as our friends. It's a bit lengthy, I know, so we tried to make it entertaining. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it.

The challenges actually do notify you, you're rewarded with a bonus item/equipment and extra dialogue at the end of the fight. Perhaps we need to make it more obvious.

As for leaving the game on accident, I apologize for that, but there's not much we can do there right now. These aren't our scripts, and while we did mess around with them, we don't know how to give the player a confirmation option. That's also a problem with many games out there, although we would like to fix it someday!

Edited by PowerBurger

Edit: I would have liked to see the stats of my characters before class and equipment modifications(like in the level-up screen) somewhere. To me it makes sense to use the parameters window for that, so you can quickly see who is the best fighter,tank,mage ...

Sorry you didn't like the tutorial. If it makes you feel any better, the tutorial stuff really doesn't last much longer beyond that point, hahaha.

Yeah, succeeding the challenge gives you a bit of extra dialogue following the first boss (I am assuming that is the one you defeated most recently) and you get a special item for completing challenges too. Although, PowerBurger said that already so... I'm just repeating things  :lol:

I understand the gripe with the Return to Title Screen option under the Systems menu. I don't know if there's a way to enable a prompt though. I'll look into it.

Now for your last thing, I'm not sure I understand. When you hover over a class you want to change to, it does show you how the parameters for the characters will change in the bottom right of the screen, doesn't it?

Yes you do see stats change when changing class but if I want to compare character to each other , I need to change them all to the same class. Plus class change can modify equipment ,modifying stats even further. It's a very minor thing anyway.

I really like the bosses so far,they weren't hard but they definitely were challenging enough to be entertaining.

Note that there is a bug and you can see the hp bar for "unspawned" ennemies.

​

http://imgur.com/743G7vG

Also when you cancel action in fights ,sometimes the icon for the action you have selected stay on screen

I can try to modify the script for putting a prompt before leaving the game if you send me a link to the script

Edited by Shiggy

Yes you do see stats change when changing class but if I want to compare character to each other , I need to change them all to the same class. Plus class change can modify equipment ,modifying stats even further. It's a very minor thing anyway.

I really like the bosses so far,they weren't hard but they definitely were challenging enough to be entertaining.

Note that there is a bug and you can see the hp bar for "unspawned" ennemies.

​

http://imgur.com/743G7vG

Also when you cancel action in fights ,sometimes the icon for the action you have selected stay on screen

I can try to modify the script for putting a prompt before leaving the game if you send me a link to the script

Oh okay, I see what you mean! Yeah, the closest to that I believe is just looking at their Status -> Parameters page and scrolling through them with Q and W. Also with everyone in the same class with no equipment... lol.

That said, I've definitely been considering adding a way in the game for players to be hinted at what stats each playable character does well in/does not do well in without having to examine stats for every situation.

Or we might make a walkthrough.... That's something we've been considering too. It might be a bit too early for that though, haha. If there's enough demand for it, then you know... maybe!

I'm glad you like the bosses! We definitely tried to make them as interesting and as challenging as we could!

As for that bug with the boss there... I will definitely note that in the OP.

With icons staying for characters when choosing to cancel actions. It happens when you press "left" on the arrow key on your left-most party member. That means that the action was not actually cancelled. Could that be what happened? If not, then yeah, it could be a glitch.

Sure, I can send you a link to the script. Thanks for offering to help!

So, what are the rewards for completing the challenges? ...Wait, it's not the swords, is it? Because if ti is I had no idea those are in any way related to the boss challenge - I thought that's just how the game goes.

World map issue: There's a spot on the world map (located north-east of the snow house) where there are trees on the water, and it looks weird.

Speaking of the world map, I lol'ed at the "Wow! You made it all the way out here!" messages.

So, what are the rewards for completing the challenges? ...Wait, it's not the swords, is it? Because if ti is I had no idea those are in any way related to the boss challenge - I thought that's just how the game goes.

World map issue: There's a spot on the world map (located north-east of the snow house) where there are trees on the water, and it looks weird.

Speaking of the world map, I lol'ed at the "Wow! You made it all the way out here!" messages.

Boss 1 - Presents you with an "Enchanted Thorn" (Sword-type weapon) as a gift of friendship and as an admiration of your strength. Also, she can always make more!

Boss 2 - Gives you a "Steel Longsword" (Sword-type weapon) which was originally owned by um... villains (trying not to spoil stuff yet xD). He thinks you have proven yourself more worthy to own it.

Boss 3 - Phillip finds "Earth Gauntlets" (Glove-type weapon) which is just chunked off of the sturdier of the two bosses really.

Boss 4 - He gives Margot an "Ominous Dagger" (Dagger/Knife-type weapon) which is surprising to say the least... We have a story planned for at least that one, I swear!  :lol:

If the Challenges are failed, then you do not get the item from their respective Boss.

Admittedly, there wasn't a rhyme or reason at the time we decided to do challenges, but we decided to keep them in as we kept on developing the game. For the most part, the reasons aren't super specific, but those are reasons that make sense as to why you would get those for completing each challenge, specifically. They really are just rewards for the player more than anything.

About the world map... I know. When I first worked on the world map, I was less experienced with the engine and kind of forgot to go back and touch up on some things. I will definitely fix that!

I'm also glad you found those little messages. They are kind of silly and also the biggest indicator that we're... not exactly done yet, hahaha. Those places should be interesting as we get more of the game completed!

Just downloaded the demo, and I will be taking notes as I play. 

Also already have some advice as it downloads. 

Next time you start a project export all of the RTP data into a folder, then in the configuration file delete the use of the RTP data. Then import the files that you need for your game to run. 

Doing this will cut down on how large the file for your game is, and more people will download it. 

That's what I did with Terra Evil and we had a working Demo with only 99.4MB large. Now it's only 136MB, and all that is the character portraits mostly, and music.

@ragnos I make demos with very few assets,this will definitely be helpful to me in the future

Glad I could help someone. When I first did it I was amazed by the amount of data it takes out. 

I made it to the 3rd boss... or rather, bosses,since there are two of them. I'll have to stop playing there - this boss fight is just too much trouble. Kurtwood and Margot are at level 16, the other two are at level 15, and the fight is just annoying. It's bad enough that they do significant damage until you weaken them, but then Disruption Wave starts cancelling all effects, so I have re-weaken them every few turns. And then, as they lose HP, they start using more skills. It was really annoying to see one of my characters go from over 1000 HP to dead in a single turn due to getting hit by a 3-strike skill.

To win I'll have to do nothing but grind until I have enough money to buy the best armor currently available (my current funds are just 12'588) and until all of my characters are at least level 17. It's just not worth the trouble. Maybe I'll try again in a future demo.

I made it to the 3rd boss... or rather, bosses,since there are two of them. I'll have to stop playing there - this boss fight is just too much trouble. Kurtwood and Margot are at level 16, the other two are at level 15, and the fight is just annoying. It's bad enough that they do significant damage until you weaken them, but then Disruption Wave starts cancelling all effects, so I have re-weaken them every few turns. And then, as they lose HP, they start using more skills. It was really annoying to see one of my characters go from over 1000 HP to dead in a single turn due to getting hit by a 3-strike skill.

To win I'll have to do nothing but grind until I have enough money to buy the best armor currently available (my current funds are just 12'588) and until all of my characters are at least level 17. It's just not worth the trouble. Maybe I'll try again in a future demo.

This fight is a bit challenging, but I haven't heard of it being too difficult before. You are at a good level for that particular boss. Are you sure you're properly equipped for it? The shops in Cyria offer plenty to counter Skiva and Biden. Earth Charms in particular negate most of Biden's damage, as well as Thunder Charms. You don't need the best equipment to defeat them, and if you want, I can point you to a few people who have defeated them for their inputs. Trust me, you have more than enough gold to buy the equipment you need.

Also, have you kept your skills in mind? Some boss fights are incredibly challenging if you don't make use of them. Kurtwood's Provoke and Guard combo is still very useful, and Phillip can blind Skiva. Eliza is just good all around with her debuffs. Remember that Phillip can Examine them, it may give you the edge you need.

Regarding the debuffs, yes, you will need to reapply them for as long as Biden is alive. His disrupting ability is predictable though, and you can count how many turns there are between the first time he uses it and the second. If you rush Biden, most of the time he'll only be able to get it off once. 

If you've defeated Dorian, you can defeat these two. I do recommend grinding just a bit if you feel the need, though. The next and final main boss of the demo is even tougher, and has taken even experienced RPG fans multiple attempts to defeat. 

I wish you luck, if you're still up to it. I completely understand your frustration, nobody enjoys mandatory grinding. You don't have to in this case though, just consider everything you have, and you'll be able to prevail. Good luck!

Some comments after finally beating those two:

- First of all, thanks for suggesting the Charms - never would have thought about it since until now I had never needed any Charms

- Second, all the previous bosses were immune to Blind so I never even thought about trying to Blind either of them. Sure, it worked only half the time but it still helped a bit to blind Skiva.

- Is there any way to cancel Magic Reflect? It renders Eliza completely USELESS for a few turns, and is especially bad if used right after Disruption Wave, when her Debuffs have been removed. Due to Magic Reflect she can't reapply any debuffs allowing the bosses to strike at full force. Luckily during my last attempt it wasn't used.

- Disruption Wave (removes all states and effects) followed by Disruption Pulse (weakens the entire party and can Stagger) and any high-damage attack skill is a really nasty combo. I had to revive Phillip because after getting weakened he got hit for 900+ damage (just one hit) before I could heal him.

This was the first time when I had absolutely no idea how to win. Even the fight against Solana and what's-his-name wasn't that hard and I managed to do it after a few tries. Here I was out of ideas (in case it wasn't completely obvious by now).

There was something else I wanted to say, but I can't remember what so I guess I'll leave it for later.

Some comments after finally beating those two:

- First of all, thanks for suggesting the Charms - never would have thought about it since until now I had never needed any Charms

- Second, all the previous bosses were immune to Blind so I never even thought about trying to Blind either of them. Sure, it worked only half the time but it still helped a bit to blind Skiva.

- Is there any way to cancel Magic Reflect? It renders Eliza completely USELESS for a few turns, and is especially bad if used right after Disruption Wave, when her Debuffs have been removed. Due to Magic Reflect she can't reapply any debuffs allowing the bosses to strike at full force. Luckily during my last attempt it wasn't used.

- Disruption Wave (removes all states and effects) followed by Disruption Pulse (weakens the entire party and can Stagger) and any high-damage attack skill is a really nasty combo. I had to revive Phillip because after getting weakened he got hit for 900+ damage (just one hit) before I could heal him.

This was the first time when I had absolutely no idea how to win. Even the fight against Solana and what's-his-name wasn't that hard and I managed to do it after a few tries. Here I was out of ideas (in case it wasn't completely obvious by now).

There was something else I wanted to say, but I can't remember what so I guess I'll leave it for later.

Actually 2nd boss wasn't immune to blind (1st is not possible to blind though because you don't have anyone who can yet). Blinding Powder has a 50% chance to inflict Blind, so it can fail. Definitely Examine enemies. It's fair to assume that if it doesn't say they can't be blinded, then they can be blinded.

Magic Reflect is not possible to cancel. Granted, the effect lasts for only 2 turns, and sometimes Biden's can own Disruption Wave cancels it out early, I believe.

Eliza is your only debuffer, so it's fair to find fault in not being able to do that with her for two turns, but she can always play a different support role if need be. She's an excellent White Mage as well  :)

Disruption Wave and Disruption Pulse are part of the two's main strategy. Yes, it is devastating! There's a reason why the Challenge is not "Do not get KO'd even once!"

The fight is definitely not meant to be overwhelmingly difficult though. It's possible to do even with the worst equipment (although not recommended lol). It's probably best to pick a strategy and not try and do everything at once.

By that I mean, maybe choose the method that you want to attack with over another rather than just going for damage from your whole party. Having Kurtwood sit back and play defense isn't too bad for one thing.

In fact, Kurtwood actually can completely trivialize this fight due to his good spread of HP and P.DEF. Even with low M.DEF, he can Provoke both Robo-Golems and just Guard to sponge the damage while the others whittle them away.

The others are definitely no slouches at fighting either. Not even Phillip and his chip damage, hahaha. If Kurtwood plays defense, you still have 3 characters to take them down!

Ultimately, you want to make sure you take out one of them as quickly as possible!

Anyway, hope that helped some things! Sorry you struggled a bit, but you know, we don't want the game to be too easy either  :D