Firstly, yeah, this is from Undertale but I have a small difference in mind

For those who don't know, in Undertale, when your opponent attacks, you are put in a small 'bullet hell' style puzzle, where the opponent sends attacks and you simply need to dodge them. 

Now I'd like to use this except with a few changes (Lets see what you think):

- When you attack, you see the opponent but when they attack, the screen pans down and shows you with the battlefield and this shows where you can run to dodge

- I'd love to be able to make each skill have its own bullet hell and maybe even 3 variants of each

- Sprites reacting to attacks would be neat. I mean like if resistant, they'll flinch. Critical, they will almost fall over

Anyone know if this is even possible?

Wouldn't doubt that it's possible with VX-Ace, though there probably wouldn't be anyone willing to do it free. Worst case scenario you'd need to have it commissioned which would be expensive as all heck. You'd also need to consider the amount of work it'd take to create the animations for all these things, especially the sprite animations.

It sounds like a neat idea though. If it's got its own special twists and isn't too alike to Undertale then it might be pretty neat. There's a lot you could do to make it unique in its own ways.

Wouldn't doubt that it's possible with VX-Ace, though there probably wouldn't be anyone willing to do it free. Worst case scenario you'd need to have it commissioned which would be expensive as all heck. You'd also need to consider the amount of work it'd take to create the animations for all these things, especially the sprite animations.

It sounds like a neat idea though. If it's got its own special twists and isn't too alike to Undertale then it might be pretty neat. There's a lot you could do to make it unique in its own ways.

How expensive are we looking at?

Depending on the complexity and how extensive you want the system as well as the scripter you're working with it'd range up into hundreds. You should ask scripters taking commissions if they're willing to take on that kind of job and get an estimation. If you don't have that much money to spend then you could probably find a workaround somehow using some clever thinking and evented battle systems..

If you decide to get one made then just be certain you know what you want. I've gone through the issue of wanting a system only to change it to fit the needs of the project further in development.

It is possible with VXA. I made one, Tomoaky made one and Rhyme made one. There are three bullet hell systems already existing, but as far as I know only Tomo makes it available in the public, however, you're right about the others you have pointed out.

It is possible with VXA. I made one, Tomoaky made one and Rhyme made one. There are three bullet hell systems already existing, but as far as I know only Tomo makes it available in the public, however, you're right about the others you have pointed out.

I'm gonna try Tomoaky's right now actually

Also, you made one?