@Knighterius Thanks! I am really happy to hear you liked it. ^^

------------

Well, it seems I forgot about few things in the download - I need to include the font in the game's folder (the game won't work if the player doesn't have that font) and cut out the useless data from the RTP in the RTP version download, it's making the size very higher for no reason.

I'll update the thread with new download links soon.

Sorry it took me so long, I lied to you, because I said I'll play that soon and... Being covered with work I absolutely forgot about that. =P

Anyway first of ~ Nice presentation! It's simple, but neat and nicely done ~ I love the theme you used here, that relates to game.

I finished your game and I gotta say I love the look of it.

The plot is simple, but actually good ~ I mean simple quest, but everything is connected and you actually see what is going on every single minute. I have played some games, where there was something about the main plot at the beginning and then... Random events? Confusion? Which made these games boring.

Your game is nicely done and actually that'd be nice if that would be longer ~ your game would be great as a some kind of side-quest. =3

I mean, it could be expanded and become a very full game. (=

I love 'classic' style (kinda 8-bitish etc.) and the look of game was really enjoyable for me.

I liked the style of the game, coloristics (is there such a word? because it gets underlined) was eye-friendly.

Gameplay - - - well, pretty basic, but enjoyable. =P

To be honest, the game is that good, that it could have more content - I mean more events~story ~ basically longer gameplay.

I enjoyed playing this. (=

Okay so there's my result:

Playtime: Save file says 40 minutes

I have shrekt every single monster and opened every single chest, so let's say I was playing that very slowly, discovering all of its content.

What I liked?

- Simple, yet not 'meanless', nor super cliche story. (But not 'that' interesting either. =P)

- Style and custom graphics

HATE COMMENTS! =3

- I don't know if that was done or purpose or not, but "Mana Recover" (or something like this) skill is OP. It basically gives you INFINITE MANA, because it can be used outside battle, making you able to fully recover your mana between battles. INFINITE MANA also means FREE HEALTH between battles making the items simply useless, besides two items: the one that revives allies and the elixir, which quickly fully restores HP/MP to all allies. The rest is simply useless and I haven't used them. (okay maybe once)

- Battles were too easy, no strategy at all, just spam with AoE and everybody dies + infinite mana to make it even easier. However, the final boss was quite tough if you went unprepared, because my whole party died (while everybody had MAX HP) after one AoE skill he used. But the second time I used magic-reflect-skills and was absolutely immune to any of his attack, thus activating baby-mode. Battles were nice and quick, but simply too easy and no strategy was involved. What is more this game doesn't have any equipment, so there's absolutely nothing to do for player, just going and spamming with AoE, that are available. No customization, simple, not surprising gameplay.

But despite these facts, the game was enjoyable and it still was better balanced, than some games out there.

Bugs and stuff?

I found some, but they are not game-breaking bugs, so it's fine.

Also I was trying to find some mapping errors (walking on walls and such), but I didn't found anything =3

(lol what a ss resolution! =O)

Local Multiplayer support! That's a great feature! And even players are joining the battle later! =3

UxL2x9c.png

This... is self explanatory. =3

That happened when she died not of my attack, but by poison/burning (or something) by itself.

kpUckY5.png 

And... it's not a bug actually, but at least you could remove the message box for battle, because it was looking funny during and after battle. =3

gl2j7Vf.png

Despite the 'bad' words I said - this game is absolutely nicely made considering it's your first game! So, great work!

It's definitely one of better games I have played (some were really weird, bugged as balls, broken and stuff), so gratz!

Maybe it doesn't have that much content, but at least there's no not used ones (game overloaded/spammed with content, that is not used and looks weird, which also happens)

If I could I'd say only good things (like I always do =3), but some people were 'angry' =3 at me, that my feedback was useless, =3 so this time I tried my best, to present my thoughts from both sides, don't hate me. =3

Edited by Rikifive

Thanks for the long report and playing the game! ^^

I agree to your "Hate Comments", you actually said everything right - I am pretty much agree with it. Yes, the Mana Restore skill is like cheating, which gives you free mana, I think making it usable only few times in a battle would be a nice thing and it would be not like cheating.

I am also agree with that point, the battles were too easy. But like I mentioned, this game was made in a rush and my mind was actually not working on days when developing this game - but I've tried my best to make it everyone love it, but it seems it's just too much easier. xD However, I am totally out of ideas on how to improve it...

As for more contents... this game was pretty much made in a rush, so I couldn't add more in it. But I already planned to expand the idea of this game soon after few or more months. :)

Also, I'll fix all those other bugs you mentioned (but not the second one, since it's probably an issue with the battlesystem script itself - all is fine on my side).

Well, the game looks so ugly with that non-pixelated font! xD I am going to update the download link soon after few hours with the actual font (which is pixelated and matches with the game's style) that's used in the game. So keep checking out the thread! :)

You've done very great with the feedback! It helped me a LOT, I was actually unsure where to fix/improve this game - thank you so much, Riki! :3

As promised. =3

Yeah, that's how I was feeling. =P Yup, that would be a perfect solution.

But at least I died once, but *shush*. =3 As for ideas, perhaps making elements more important? That's the first thing that makes games more challenging - knowing the resistances and weaknesses, using buffs and debuffs. There are few other ways to achieve that - for example limiting skills brought into battle or just their usage.

Oh, that's nice, good luck then! (=

As for bugs- yeah, I know that feel - where the script is bugged by itself, not because of you. =P

To be honest I was also thinking of different font ... and the menus in general. That would be a nice feel having different-pixelated menu look, that matches the game.

The rest was made nicely - battlers, characters and maps in one style - that is very good.

Hihi, thankies and no problem! =3

@Rikifive Yeah, I was thinking for different menus too, but I couldn't find a script that matches with the game's style and I currently don't have enough money to spend on commissions. :/

Also, I couldn't add those originally designed characters on the game if I weren't a pixel artist, but luckily I am one and original characters appeared in the game. :3

------------

Well, a thunderstorm is going on here on my country - so I updated the download links now instead of after few hours, since I think the electricity can be gone anytime...

Check out the start post for updated download links!

The save files should be working fine, just copy the files from the game's folder and paste it into the newly downloaded game's folder.

List of fixed bugs and things in Version 1.1:

- Included the actual font in the game's folder, now you can play the game without ugly fonts.

- Deleted useless and not needed data from the RTP in the RTP version download, now it's size is lower compared to previous version of the download.

- Modified some skills to work correctly and reduce cheating; added cooldowns, limited uses and such.

- Fixed, changed and added several new content into the game.

Have fun. :)

I'm capable of doing custom menus, but they are really time consuming. =S

I mean, perhaps I could help you, because I did a custom menu for somebody once, so there shouldn't be a problem, but as you can see I'm overloaded with work. =(

Perhaps someday... + it depends on complexity.

I see you have updated screenshot with new font ~ Now it looks way much better. =3

What? I didn't updated any screenshot, that font was already there. You didn't had that font in your computer, that's why you were seeing other font when you played the game.

Also, we'll see about the menus... :3

Edited by Crescent

So you released this after all :3

I've already got a good idea of what to expect but I'll give this a quick playthrough when the new laptop comes.

Screens look pretty nice; old school but fancy.

I've added a little support bar for those who liked this game~

YIsbAqY.png

[url=http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/35249-lunar-quest/][img=http://i.imgur.com/YIsbAqY.png][/url]
Just highlight the image; copy, and paste in your signature - or - you can use the code above. :)

I played up to stone golem ,it crashed during the fight, I will try again later . Here is my opinion for now,

I love the art and I would like to steal borrow some of your asstes one day. I enjoy the gameplay on a tactical level (fights) but not on a strategic level (ressource management) . I would have love a penny arcade style of gameplay for the game (i think it would have fit well ) but it would need a good chunk of rebalancing.

I played up to stone golem ,it crashed during the fight, I will try again later . Here is my opinion for now,

I love the art and I would like to steal borrow some of your asstes one day. I enjoy the gameplay on a tactical level (fights) but not on a strategic level (ressource management) . I would have love a penny arcade style of gameplay for the game (i think it would have fit well ) but it would need a good chunk of rebalancing.

Thanks for playing the game and the feedback~! =D

As this game was made in only a single week, with no extra help (with developing), and was extremely rushed; so I couldn't balance it pretty well. ><' But like I also said few posts back, I am gonna make a sequel (which will be better! =D) to the game soon! ^~^

The tilesets and sprites are made by Crazy_Leen, with some of my own custom resources. And battlers are from DS+ Resource Pack. :3

Again, thanks for the feedback! :)

By the way,here is the error I got against the stone golem and the final boss 

post-62845-0-47824000-1453128336_thumb.png

I don't know exactly what caused the issue .

In the end ,the balance of the game is mostly ok (entangle may be a bit strong? but it doesn't really matter bc the game is short) but because I have no idea what ennemies will come next and how many items I will get , I spend a lot of fights farming for hp and mp with mana restore and healing bc I'm afraid of running out of ressources which makes the fight less interesting.  

Overall I had a good time playing it (except the crashes)

Oh also ennemies that dies from DoT (burning,bleed,poison) don't disappear from the screen when they die

By the way,here is the error I got against the stone golem and the final boss 

-snip-

I don't know exactly what caused the issue .

In the end ,the balance of the game is mostly ok (entangle may be a bit strong? but it doesn't really matter bc the game is short) but because I have no idea what ennemies will come next and how many items I will get , I spend a lot of fights farming for hp and mp with mana restore and healing bc I'm afraid of running out of ressources which makes the fight less interesting.  

Overall I had a good time playing it (except the crashes)

Oh also ennemies that dies from DoT (burning,bleed,poison) don't disappear from the screen when they die

That's strange, I never got that error when I played the game myself. :/

But thanks for the report! I'll see if I receive the error too and I'll try to fix it if it happens.

As I said , I thought your game would have been better without the ressource managements aspects so I decided to make a script for that. Don't force yourself to implement it in your game because you would need to rebalance everything but I want you to keep this in mind if you ever make another of this one-shot dungeon.

Arin did a LP of the Lunar Quest. Thank you Arin. =)

Sorry for not participating in the live stream, but I watched the uploaded video.

Here are my answers of few things that left uncleared.

Note: I am not being rude and I didn't hated anyone's negative comments.

Why Lunar Quest get popular? It got nothing in it besides cute art made in MS Paint.

Long: To be honest, I seriously don't know; I just thought to post it on RMN to get few more people to play it, but it got featured on front page of RMN for no reason, it's actually a little chunk of simple gameplay, typical style of things and low quality 8-bit graphics with nothing special.

Please don't be jealous/sad if your game doesn't gets popular (this answer is mostly for Sky Usanin) I seriously don't know how it got popular... Also, art wasn't made in MS Paint. :P

In short: I am not sure, I just put it on RMN and it got featured on front page. 

This game uses music that I used in my game! I had planned to use them in my game from the day one!

Long: I used music from RPG Maker DS and DS+ packs, which are paid resource packs that everyone can use in their games. I brought them through the RMW store and it says it can be used in RPG Maker games.

In short: Those are paid resource packs that everyone have permission to use in their games.

Oh my god! POOR GRAMMAR!

Long: Typically, my writer, writes the dialogues for our games, but in this game, for some reason, I had to write the dialogues myself; some of them are proofread by Tarq, but not all. (Before the game was finished, all dialogues were proofread by Tarq, but I had to rewrite most of them so rewritten ones wasn't proofread.)

Also, I am not a native English speaker...

In short: English isn't my native language.

Anyway, I am glad Arin played the game to the end! =) Thanks to everyone who watched and liked the game.

Edited by Crescent

As I've said to Arin, Crescent, I'm not all that serious when I'm not reviewing games. I tend to be a little condescending, actually, and I don't mean half of the crud I say.  :P

Yeah, I also bought those same resource packs. Pretty nifty ones, if I may say so myself. I'm glad that nobody who bought them has publicly shared them online, at least not that I know of.

Congrats on your game getting so popular, by the way! It has it's issues, but it's fairly solid compared to many RPG Maker games out there!

Edited by PowerBurger

Liberty here, from RMN. The reason it got spotlighted on the front page is because I chose it to. Every week I pick a completed game that looks promising, fun, cute, funny, interesting, cool or the like and show it off as a spotlight. This way new games that are promising get some time to shine and people can see what might be worth giving a go. I thought it looked cool so I gave it a spotlight. Anyone jealous of that fact should get their asses in gear and make their own cool games to show off instead of bitching about it.

It's a neat little game and deserved the spotlight. That's all.

Liberty here, from RMN. The reason it got spotlighted on the front page is because I chose it to. Every week I pick a completed game that looks promising, fun, cute, funny, interesting, cool or the like and show it off as a spotlight. This way new games that are promising get some time to shine and people can see what might be worth giving a go. I thought it looked cool so I gave it a spotlight. Anyone jealous of that fact should get their asses in gear and make their own cool games to show off instead of bitching about it.

It's a neat little game and deserved the spotlight. That's all.

Thank you, Liberty! =) Your post hopefully made this issue clear for everyone~

@Crescent - You became that famous, that you got haters. That's a good thing, because every famous person is hated by some people. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JK!

Glad your game got interest! =3

Haha, actually that's true. :P

Thanks! =)

News:

Lunar Quest will being recreated in RPG Maker VX Ace soon, with some improvements. (There will be different menus, battlesystem layouts and such, also, expression facesets!)

Get yourselves ready for that. (After one week or two the developing will be started.) =D

Note: The older (current) version of Lunar Quest will NOT be available once the recreated version is released.