Point08

Pixel Point - Point08's Edits and Customs

qUZLhwT.png

4/5/2017 - I've finally gotten some of these assets formatted for use with Yanfly's Grid Free Doodads plugin. The books aren't done yet, sorry, they're time consuming, but I'm getting there and will post them soon. I'll update the link when the books are ready. The books are included in the zip file, which is now updated, and reformatted to include subfolders for easier organization. A zip file of the assets ready for use as doodads can be grabbed from here: Point's Doodads

Terms of Use:
*Always credit Enterbrain or Kadokawa for any RTP resource, including recolors, resizes, etc.*

Commercial projects: Yes, no credit to me required

Non-commercial projects: Yes, no credit to me required

Funded projects: (kickstarter, gofundme, etc., whether commercial or not) Yes, no credit to me required

Reposts: Yes, no credit to me required. Please do not claim you made them though. *You must include these terms of use if you repost these on another site!*

Edits: Yes, no credit to me required.

If you use any of these resources, feel free to send me a screenshot if you want. I'm always happy to know they were useful to someone. This is not required however.

I'd like to give a quick thanks to Sharm and Celianna, as their work, both past and present, is what inspired me to start doing this in the first place, and is often the inspiration for what I attempt to create. I've also learned a lot from looking at their art and watching Celianna as she creates hers.

All of my current resources are designed for use with MV. If you have requests related to anything I create (e.g. recolors, resizes, different styling, etc.) please feel free to ask.

Indoor Tiles and Parallax Files

Books and Bookshelves

Recolors of the RTP shelves (with the books removed for easier editing for you) and RTP books. Also quite a few books I made. Also some edits of the RTP bookshelves to make them taller/shorter and to add some detail.

9UmlS0D.png

UGgVU6c.png

These are for back-to-back shelves. The bottom left one is if the one in front is taller than the one in the back. I included a shadow just in case you're like me and want to cut/paste in your own shadows instead of using the shadow pen in the editor.

drfkfqU.png

Some bookshelves that are a bit fancier. The shelves also aren't as deep as the original RTP bookshelves.

LG0nqjK.png

Smoother texture to the set from above, a few different views, and some other matching pieces.

zzfC7Df.png

Just Books

The books from above, but edited to fit the shallower shelves of the fancier-styled bookshelves.

OSvuFRB.png

Some smaller and recolored versions of the RTP books for placing on top of tables and what not.

Q1aRiA7.pngJy3GNO6.pngJGm0ym3.pngAmSdK44.png

iBy7hQ9.png

Furniture and Decorations

Just a fireplace edit I never got around to posting previously.

2MyJv6x.png

Outdoor Tiles and Parallax Files

Buildings

An all original house/shop (well except the door because I haven't made an animated one yet...coming soon though). Added an edit of the top roof beam based on feedback.

fNDAeBq.pngus1LGG8.png

Roofs

The original color is the far left one. The green and especially the dark blue didn't recolor all that well and would probably turn out better if I simply colored them by manually choosing each color. I'm sure I'll get to this, but if anyone happens to actually like these and wants a particular color, let me know and I'll prioritize coloring it manually.

kLZgmsp.png

An angled version of the tile roof. If you would like recolors, let me know. To get them to match the colors above, I will need to do each color individually as the angled version has one more color per tile.

pWy9joB.png

The wood shingle wall converted to a roof that can be used in the editor, in multiple colors of course.

w3v1uaA.png

Walls

Some new brick walls for you. These are my first fully custom creations.

hR1cv0d.png

Recolors of the RTP brick wall. The bottom row is the same as the top, but mirrored. This way even if the buildings/walls are the same color, you can still add a little variance.

33eBfdt.png

Recolor of the edges for the above wall.

N4oAmGy.png

Trees and Bushes

Recolors of the RTP tree (the narrow one).

Txi3iVE.png

Recolor of the RTP bush, and turned them into a small tree as well.

4xGFeR3.png

An edit of the larger RTP tree to make it a bit smaller, and of course, recolored.

q9pgCtE.png

Since our game worlds are rarely based on Earth, who says all the plants have to be normal? Some RTP mix-and-match tree(-ish) things.

Gy545SD.png

Other Plants

Recolors of one of the RTP mushrooms.

jrs50re.png

Weapons for Side View Battlers

A long sword, that keeping with my motto of expanding the RTP, goes very well with the default weapons. It's so close, even though I drew it by hand, I'd consider it an edit more than an original piece.

VYgT9oe.png

Windowskins and Cursors

My first attempt at a windowskin. Hopefully some more (and better quality) versions to come.

2aF4LqP.png

A cursor that can be placed into any windowskin.

91DUMdr.png

All of the cursors below are designed for use with Tsukihime's Message Pause Cursor plugin. You can get it here.

IlWDXD7.pngS90Nafv.png

ExcNTk4.png

bmVPJ6i.pngFbouckW.png1BB9ZGh.pngaDrdQ1W.pngcjbMf4E.pngncvQVOz.png

7pOHBTg.pngyhW537J.pngG2XwshT.pngu4sTXZl.pngmuuKJbA.png89baBe3.png

MGN0goL.pngpFo6e44.pngln0atTp.pngh5NJHnq.png

MbZ5FHW.png

Edited by Point08

I added some new bookshelves to the OP. No recolors this time, just different heights and widths from the default RTP shelves. I also added some with a design on the front, and some matching tops. As per usual I also included the pattern for the inlay, so you can edit it and/or use it on recolors and what not. Hope someone finds these useful.

Note: I noticed the top on a few of them has a bit of a noticeable line if magnified. It's fine at 100%, but zoomed in beyond 200% it definitely becomes visible. I'll fix this in the future, just not tonight.

Just a small update this time (check OP). These are for back-to-back shelves. I was just flipping the top of the front bookshelf, but then it looks like the light is off, so these work better IMHO. The bottom left one is if the one in front is taller than the one in the back. I included a shadow just in case you're like me and want to cut/paste in your own shadows instead of using the shadow pen in the editor. I'm not completely satisfied with the chairs, and will most likely redo them in the near future.

I also plan on putting some of these on a sample map to give people an idea of how to use the different bookshelf heights to give your maps some interest. I have to finish up doing the backs of some shelves I'm making, so if you want them to be facing away from the character, you can do that too.

Feedback is always welcome, and if you have any requests, I'm always willing to give something a shot.

Big bookshelves . - . I feel like creating a mega library in my project now...

Although with MV now available, I have to restart my project from the start ; - ; BUT! It's not like I got very far the first time! I'm only at chapter 1, considering there is a prologue... Heh... Go team!-ish!

Warning, making libraries is horrible! Even with all the books I made, it's a pain in the butt to fill so many shelves and keep them from all looking the same. And my map is just a book store, not even a full-fledged library! Of course, with a library, you can have more repeated runs of the same book, as libraries have collections (i.e. encyclopedias, etc.). Still, pain in the butt.

On a related note, I'm working on some new bookshelves, that are a bit fancier. The shelves aren't quite as tall/deep, which to me fits the scale a bit better, and they have designs carved into the wood. They also have a fancier top, instead of just a flat board. As I work weekends, they probably won't be ready until early next week sometime.

I added some bookshelves that are a bit of a fancier style. They also have shelves that aren't as deep as the original RTP bookshelves. I haven't made or edited any books to fit them as of yet, but you can expect that to be done soon. I'm also working on some other pieces of furniture to match these bookshelves, and I'll do some color variations once the whole set is done.

Hope you all like them. Feedback is always welcome, as the stuff posted in this thread is pretty much my first attempts at pixel art, and I know there are things I need to improve on!

Definitely looking forward to these. I've always planned on adding a massive library to my main project to act as a built-in strategy guide within the game. Various books would give hints about aspects of the game & even reveal some battle strategies & secrets, which would be kept in seperate sections of the library that require the player to upgrade their library card in a side quest in order to gain access to better & more secretive & useful info.

I redid the newest set of bookshelves to give the wood a smoother texture/grain. I also added a matching cabinet with optional glass doors, a side and rear-facing shelf (only single size for now but more are coming soon), a chair, and 3 styles of table, all matching these bookshelves. If you have a request for some other piece of furniture, or a different type of bookshelf/cabinet that you would like as part of this set, please let me know. The book to fit the shallower shelves should be ready Monday. As always, feedback is welcome.

Here they are, and in OP as well.

zzfC7Df.png

I added the book edits for the shallower shelves of the last bookshelves I made. Everything from the original set of book edits is included, except for the pre-filled shelves. Sorry i didn't have these ready Monday, I had other things that needed to take priority (and no, in case you're wondering, it wasn't Fallout 4).

OSvuFRB.png

I felt a little guilty for taking so long to get the books done for my last post, so I added these today: just some smaller and recolored versions of the RTP books for placing on top of tables and what not.

Q1aRiA7.pngJy3GNO6.pngJGm0ym3.pngAmSdK44.png

I changed the title to the thread, and the layout of the OP, as I've moved on from doing just books and bookshelves. I added quite a bit of new stuff since the last time I updated this thread, including my first original work. (I don't consider the other stuff original, as all of it, other than some of the books, at the very least started out as RTP stuff.)

The terms are in the OP, and still the same. Credit Kodokawa when using RTP edits. No need to credit me for anything.

The link in my signature points to the thread on the official forums. I will try to keep this thread updated as well, as I know not everyone uses the other forum. However, due to volume, I update the other post first. So basically, if you think I made something but don't see it here, check there.

As always, feedback is welcome (including critiques...if it sucks, tell me, it's the only way I'll get better). I'm also open to requests, but I make no promises as I'm still learning. I hope these are useful to some of you.

Sweet! I'd love to provide some usefull feedback but as i lack artistic skill and knowledge I can say no more than, keep up the good work!

Oh, and the books you recolored, the middle one is a bit smaller doesn't match the open ones. This could be unforunate If you wanted to use them for an event maybe. Interested in resizing the open ones? :P

I was never good at recolouring, or even art in general for that matter, so these would come in handy if I were to ever start a project, or continue the ones that I've scrapped. These look pretty good, being just recolours, Great work, 10/10.

Oh, and the books you recolored, the middle one is a bit smaller doesn't match the open ones. This could be unforunate If you wanted to use them for an event maybe. Interested in resizing the open ones? :P

Something like this?

6FzuiJc.png

I did this when I did the others, but it was such a pain, I only did one color. Can't really get any smaller than this without losing all the detail (already lose a little here).

Point08 

Great looking work, Really like the cleanliness of the bookshelves. youre edits are MV-esque nice job keeping to the RTP color pallette. 

As far as your originals, I really dig em, gotta love the new 48x48 tiles, leaves room for more detail and you took advantage of that. hope to see more from you.

So, I got a bit ambitious and decided to just create an entire building. It could be used as a house or a shop. The roof is a combination of ceramic tiles and wooden beams. The second floor has a wood shingle facade, and it juts out over the first floor. The first floor is brick. Everything is original except for the door because I haven't made an animated version of a door yet, so I stuck to an RTP one for now. The windows are based off of the RTP windows, so they closely resemble them. I also tried to stay with a color palette that goes well with the RTP.

This was a big jump for me in terms of difficulty, and I know there are things that could be improved, so please give feedback if you have any! Remember, this is my first attempt at this, so if it flat out sucks, feel free to tell me, but please provide some specific criticism (e.g. it completely sucks because colors don't match) as opposed to simply saying, this sucks. The latter won't help me improve.

Well, here it is...

Edit: I added a version of the tiled roof that can be used in the editor. Just add it to one of the Outside A3 sets in place of a roof you're not planning to use on that map. Of note, the recolor to green and dark blue didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. If anyone wants those colors (or other non-red/orange colors) let me know, and I'll choose the colors manually, which will give better results and be more consistent with the original.

fNDAeBq.png

kLZgmsp.png

Edited by Point08

Finals? Yuck! I remember when I had ambitions to go back to school and further my education. I have since decided two degrees is enough. Maybe someday I'll go back, but not anytime soon... It's been 5 years since I finished my second degree, and I think I'm still burned out from it :P Of course, I was taking 18 credits a semester... Either way, I can empathize with you! Good luck on your finals!

On a different note, I decided to the shingle wall as a roof that can be used in the editor as well. Of course with multiple colors.

Edit: added a weapon for the side view battlers here and to OP. It very closely matches the RTP as I used that as a guide.

w3v1uaA.png

VYgT9oe.png

Edited by Point08

First I want to say awsome job! I have a little thing that comes to mind about your house.

l40PlCV.png

1. Because of the perspective the top beam must be really wide or we are looking at it head on.

2. The corners look abit off, if you think of it from a craftsmans perspective cutting wood according to fig3 is alot easier than cutting wood according to fig4 and is therefor a much more likely practice.

With those things in mind I think you should do better to make the top beam abit thinner and let it extend to the edge, I modified the top right corner to show you what I mean. 

It's not much but I hope it helps and that is my very unartistic opinion! xD

Btw thanks for the resizing of the books, now I can use them for "savespots" without it looking to wierd.

The top beam is pretty wide, as it is the center of the roof. They way it was shown on the edges was because you could also see the top of the (side) beam that heads down the back of the roof (the rest of which is not visible due to the perspective). I think I see what you're saying though. The way I have it, if you viewed the house from the side, would look like the top style in the image below. The way you're saying, if I'm understanding correctly, it would look like the bottom one, yes?

T8z6E9M.png

Just a small update today. I added an angled version of the tile roof. I only added the original color for now. The angled version has one more color per tile, so to color match any previous recolors, I will need to do the recoloring one color at a time. Because of this, it might be a while before I get around to it, but if you would like a specific color or colors, let me know. I will be making some corner transition tiles so you can combine this with the non-angled version I originally posted. Hopefully I'll have time to do that today or tomorrow.

As always, this is in the OP as well.

One version includes a shadow under the roofline, the other doesn't.
pWy9joB.png