gunsage

Gun Sage's Big Fat Stupid Holiday Special

Following in the vein of my 2 spoopy collection, I want to do a winter/holiday/thanksgiving themed collection of quick plays.  I've only just gotten started, but I have a lot of games archived up and ready to go.  Sadly, most of these games aren't exactly holiday themed so much as they simply have a holiday backdrop.  For example, Batman Returns for the SNES does technically take place during Christmas in Gotham, but it's not a "go to game" as far as holidays are concerned.

There are more obvious titles I intend to tackle, such as Daze Before Christmas, Nightmare Before Christmas, Home Alone, and so on, but any suggestions whatsoever would be helpful.  Like before, these are quick one hour plays.  In some cases I may be able to beat the game in that time, but for most it's a way of showing off the game, good or bad, in an effort to help people get in the spirit of things and laugh in general.

I'm also putting together a custom intro/outro for each game to make it a little more official.  Any musical recommendations you have for that would be appreciated as well.  I'll post more here when I have content to show.

Here's my first entry!  I have another on the way as well.  This game felt like Cool Spot, but with a holiday theme.  Strange stuff and no wonder it didn't come to the states.

I've never played any of these so I don't know if they're really any good or not. They are whatever the hell this random site I Googled considers to be the Top 10 Christmas Themed Games. Some of them are already listed on here, but here ya go:

http://1morecastle.com/2013/12/top-10-christmas-themed-video-games/

Well, I'll say this.  Some of them are good, some are bad.  The main reason I do an hour long play is because there are some games that can be explained in under 5 minutes, there are others that will literally take an hour to get started (such as Strange Journey, though it is a great game).  I debated how long I should do each for and some of them are actually way less than an hour, but I try to do an hour per, which isn't always possible depending on the game (and how ludicrously terrible and/or unplayable it might be).

For example, I might've been able to play Jericho longer (part of my 3-in-1 marathon), but I may have ended up having to use save states, which I don't like doing, but sometimes have to (see Home Alone 1 and 2 in the playlist).  Thanks for the link, though.  I need as much help as I can get. :P The Valentines Day special should be way easier.

Edit:  While I'm here anyway...

Edited by gunsage

So here's another fun one I did recently.  I did a LOT of bible stuff, but you can check those out on your own.  I don't particularly want to offend anyone here, so there you go.