I have like 5 minutes worth of gameplay, we'll see if I get it done. What's kind of holding me back the most is that my game might not be all that "holiday" themed as it probably should be. So I've been having trouble making it work.

Almost everyone seems to be finishing (or lightning speeding) their entries, while mine's still on the databasing.

Oh, well... I guess it's time to do the "Butcher it, at least it would be playable." thing! XP

Man, I wish I haven't been so busy XD (And then Maki-chan actually granted my wish... By making me got expelled from the university and got the HTML project cancelled. Earned much free time, indeed)

P.S. Yay for my 103th post!

Edited by Maki13

As for my game ~ I'm not sure if I'll be able to put the full story in time ... or even story in general. The gameplay is pretty ready, but it's so silly, that it'll be better to hide that in a basement lol.

So... we'll see what happens.

As for my game ~ I'm not sure if I'll be able to put the full story in time ... or even story in general. The gameplay is pretty ready, but it's so silly, that it'll be better to hide that in a basement lol.

So... we'll see what happens.

Ha. We're in the same boat, then.

My gameplay features and the main idea of the story are ready, but the "main storytelling executions" are... Well...

(Also, I finally made a blog topic about mine. Can't believe I forgot lel)

Edited by Maki13

I regret to say that I will not have time to finish my entry :( 
I've been working hard on it when I can but with a new baby coming later this week and work actually being somewhat busy lately, I haven't had the time to polish it up like I wanted making the project incomplete.
I hope to see how this plays out because of all of you talented people making games that look awesome! 
Anyway, best of luck to you all. :D

I'm still here!

(Although my game has like 5 minutes of gameplay lel XD)

Alright, another important message!

With the recent dropping out of members, I urge you, release something. ANYTHING.

If you have more than a title screen (Intro or w/e) then upload it. You can upload more later. Even if it sucks, at least you have a chance.

You can't win with nothing

Present and accounted for. Barely. Been up all night. I should have stayed up all night tonight, not yesterday...

Maps are done, and made some events, still making up the story as I go. Gameplay probably won't be as epic as I'd planned, but we'll see what I can manage in ....oh 24 hours 10 minutes....

Story and characters are done (You guys can see my blog entry for more details), game mechanics are in progress, databasing is almost done, mapping is barely there XD, resources are in progress (Both self-created and imported).

Uh... I am kind of ashamed to say this again, but I think I am also quitting. :( I ran into many problems today and I now I don't have enough time to release anything.

So sorry, Jackus. :/

*starts riot*

Not even a demo...? :( ...a small map? ANYTHING?

Everyone's quitting :(

*starts riot*

Not even a demo...? :( ...a small map? ANYTHING?

Everyone's quitting :(

I am really sorry, I was going to work on a demo today, but then RL situation got a twist and the day and my mood got depressed. :/

I apologize a second time, Jackus. But if I release a demo right now, it would be really bugged and silly enough to play, so I am pretty sorry. :/

RikiFive, I hope you make an entry...otherwise, I am dropping an RTP bomb on ya'll.... There are some custom/non-rtp resources, but still... Its basically RTP

And nobody wants to see RTP be the only entry...

Edited by philteredkhaos

Ehmmm... quick check,

How many people are still in the contest? It seems like 99% of people have quit.

I'm also wondering about this... Seriously, how many people are still here? =P

Alright, another important message!

With the recent dropping out of members, I urge you, release something. ANYTHING.

If you have more than a title screen (Intro or w/e) then upload it. You can upload more later. Even if it sucks, at least you have a chance.

You can't win with nothing

I'm not sure if I'll manage to put a story (cutscenes), but the game is at least playable, so it has to be enough. Still one day left. . .

------------------------------------------------

*rage quit*

Aw balls, what's happening? It's a game in a week and it has to be as silly as possible. You don't have to create awesome games, just quickly make thingie for fun! Stop quitting and do something silly! A game named "Eric And Ericians in Ericland - The Quest of Ericstone" would be more than enough! =3

Umm.. So even if I'll not finish mine, at least I'll post it, because it's 'sillibly' playable. =3

------------------------------

Also, I just noticed a thing in philteredkhaos's sig. lol XD

--------------------

WtvmtpT.png

RikiFive, I hope you make an entry...otherwise, I am dropping an RTP bomb on ya'll.... There are some custom/non-rtp resources, but still... Its basically RTP

And nobody wants to see RTP be the only entry...

lol I will! =3

maybe the next contest should be Indie 2 Weeks ^^;

Well, I think that a week is enough. Although "enough" isn't actually a right term.

As Riki said, it's not about "Whip-up a good game in a week", but "Let's see what you can whip-up in a week" XD

Also, the incident that made chaos this time isn't about the short time limit; it's that most of the members are quite busy and have little time (Like me and JacobM) or suddenly has something unfortunate that mess up with the contest (like Crescent).

Although, Ii2W doesn't sound too shabby at all; it's like semi-IMGC XD

Edited by Maki13

maybe the next contest should be Indie 2 Weeks ^^;

Well, I think that a week is enough. Although "enough" isn't actually a right term.

As Riki said, it's not about "Whip-up a good game in a week", but "Let's see what you can whip-up in a week" XD

Also, the incident that made chaos this time isn't about the short time limit; it's that most of the members are quite busy and have little time (Like me and JacobM) or suddenly has something unfortunate that mess up with the contest (like Crescent).

Although, Ii2W doesn't sound too shabby at all; it's like semi-IMGC XD

I blame christmas. Terrible timing on my part.

The current acronym is IIAW

And... 

As Riki said, it's not about "Whip-up a good game in a week", but "Let's see what you can whip-up in a week"

^ I 1000% agree. This was the purpose of the conntest. ^

I love 1 week contests. I can crank out a silly game, get out of my comfort zone and try not to pull out all of my hair bug hunting the final product! :) Such a challenge!

Just don't forget to turn off that Autorun or clear those Fade-Outs, though ;)