RPG Maker broke! I tried compressing again, but Windows refuses to do something with the compressed file.

What should I do?

What's happening? Screenshot the error. (And translate it if its not English lol)

The 300th post is mine!!

EDIT: JACKUS NINJA'D ME NOOOOOOO

I'll just claim the New Page post, then!

EDIT2: YOU BASTARDS

Lol, dont feel too bad, like i said in my post, I am ok with it NOT counting as an entry. I almost didnt post it because it is so basic, but the entries were so slim, I wanted to give them something to look amazing when compared to mine

Something amazing to look at compared to yours? Don't worry, that's my game. Once you look at mine you'll appreciate the quality of every other entry! :D

I compressed my game ~30 mins ago, but the compressed file was broken, I tried to compress it again, but the same thing happens.

It is opening, but not really.

lzUZ08s.png

Nothing happens when I run the exe file, it's just appearing here. (I had more than 20 of these, so I restarted my PC)

This installer always does that. Sometimes I have problems to unpack the compressed games, even when it is a game from the community.

I am not DONE with my game. I wasted a lot of time procrastinating, and now I have most of a demo unfinished. I will upload it in about 10 mins, but I feel ashamed. I was unable to complete my game. I WILL flesh it out and make it a full release, though.

Its like almost nothing, though. The "Gameplay" consists of talking to doors, and finding items... BORING. Even the THEME doesn't come through until the end, UNLESS you are really big on early american history, you might not catch whats going on until the end.

^ This. This so much. Except for the early 'murica thing. :P

I had an idea, but I figured I wouldn't finish it in time.

So I started to make a joke game, it's basically Indie In A Day Or Two. Although it really needed to be Three because even THAT is unfinished. And if it was, it would be at least decent.

Here's my shameful download link. http://www.mediafire.com/download/l8go2x2f81rwtki/IIAW_-_Copy.exe

Have fun with my "game". There's not much game to play. :P

I'll finish that tomorrow and you'll see how Procrastination II was SUPPOSED to be.

Oh and it's named IIAW - Copy cause I copied my IIAW project folder. And didn't rename it.

---

I got ninja'd by Maki while I'm typing my post.

We're all on the same boat, and WE'RE SINKING!

I also got ninja'd by Riki and Jackus.

GOTTA GO FAST, RIKI!!

Dear God, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM!

jgpitk.jpg

29xav6f.jpg

Yeah but with the lack of a real amount of entries, 2 more would be grand.

Riki, do you need it to be encrypted? If not, you can make a zip.

If so. I don't know. Unless you send it to someone and have them encrypt it.

Ah it's too late anyway. (I'll hide my game in a cave then. =3)

I'll try to fix that.. . .But seriously, the default RM functions are funny.

WtvmtpT.png

What in the hoof? I can't get rid of this, even Task Manager is hopeless. I'm kinda frustrated now.

Ah it's too late anyway. (I'll hide my game in a cave then. =3)

I'll try to fix that.. . .But seriously, the default RM functions are funny.

Upload it anyway. UPLOAD IT! UPLOAD IT NOW!

Nope, there's no point in this =3 + I still cannot fix the issue. (Thanks RM)

I can't believe this. . .

WtvmtpT.png

I'll try with other game...

WtvmtpT.png

LOL the same issue! ... I give up on life now, I guess I have to make a thread about this.

WtvmtpT.png

It's breaking the whole windows! I can't even touch the desktop now! What kind of joke is this? (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ Ì¿) ... Gotta restart it.

WtvmtpT.png

Is there a way to 'Force HEAVY SHUTDOWN on a task'? Or I really have to restart Windows each time?

My PC is going to explode! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://gamejolt.com/games/indie-in-a-week-2-the-game/112067

Thats It I Am Done This Is My Game

Check the credits for a no Reason Given Boss Battle

I wasn't able to find mine in the op I may just have awful Internet and not be able to see it its post 221

I blame the Holiday season for all the breakdowns, incomplete games and drop offs....

Jackus, just save some of the prizes from this one and slide them into the next. I will have much more motivation to make a game in 1 week vs. right now...

I blame the Holiday season for all the breakdowns, incomplete games and drop offs....

Jackus, just save some of the prizes from this one and slide them into the next. I will have much more motivation to make a game in 1 week vs. right now...

I blame December.

Next one is in Febuary. It should be okay.

I just won't add the extra prizes I was gonna add to the list, i'll save them for next time.

I'm reinstalling RM if that will not help, I'm going to create a warm thread on RMWeb, because this compression tool was always bugged as balls and now it's crashing my windows, not mentioning, that it just wasted my work + wasted so much time on struggling with this issue.

Anyway, great work everybody! ^^

I guess I'm terrible at Indie in a Week contests lol. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm reinstalling RM if that will not help, I'm going to create a warm thread on RMWeb, because this compression tool was always bugged as balls and now it's crashing my windows, not mentioning, that it just wasted my work + wasted so much time on struggling with this issue.

Upload an hour or two before the deadline. People stick to the time so closely. Like how I ninja'd an entry with the closing post.

@Judges, hold on i'm making a PM with instructions now.

Upload an hour or two before the deadline. People stick to the time so closely. Like how I ninja'd an entry with the closing post.

What deadline? It's late isn't it?

------------------

Okay, RM reinstalled - another try. 

RM please work...

------------------

RM please work...

Yeah it was tips for next time.

Feel free to put your game here Riki. I still wanna play it out of curiosity.

Nope it's still broken.

I can compress a fresh project and upload it to see if it works for the others.

-------------

------------------

RM please work...

Yeah it was tips for next time.

Feel free to put your game here Riki. I still wanna play it out of curiosity.

Let's forget about that project. There are still some features to add, but I'm going to trash this project.

For now I'm going to make a warm thread somewhere. (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ Ì¿)

RIKIFIVe, can I have use your skiing script for a game? My son really wants to make a skiiing game, but I am not a programmer.

Actually the game runs on multiple scripts at once (separately for gameplay/values/spawn patters) and it's not configurable at all, because I made it to my needs. It uses tons of variables all over the place, so it may be heavily incompatible with stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------

At least I can say how awesome my game's features were:

- game's scripts are in 99.9% custom! (Only default Map scene is used for ~1 second) =3 =3 =3

- 100% sounds made by mah! =3 =3 =3

- 100% graphics made by mah! =3 =3 =3

- music not made by mah! =3 =3 =3

Perhaps someday I'll release that game.

On the other news, here's the thread of the terrible fate of my work: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/52526-compression-tool-is-broken/

If somebody could help me, I'd really appreciate this, because I can't work with RM at all, when the issue is still there.

WtvmtpT.png

After that terrible joke, I think I'm not going to participate quick-time-events anymore, for my own safety (sanity). The world just can't handle my awesome games, so to give other people some chances, it decides to somehow prevent me from posting my entries. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But hey! I'll be fine! =3

Congratulations to all, who have posted their projects! If somebody uploaded their game in that compressed file, then it will freeze my PC! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

WtvmtpT.png

Edited post, because I was babbling, due to late hours. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Rikifive

That's really unfortunate that you were unable to package your game. Did it not work to just copy the game folder into a zip file and send that?

That would work, but the game would be not encrypted. . . But now when I think about it, I could do that to be honest ~ at least I'd post my game in time (even ~10 mins ahead).

I'm proud of it anyway, I liked that game (still playing that lol XD) ~ the quality isn't that bad and it was made in just ~5 days or 4..? Gonna check when I've posted my 'starting working'. =P. I've checked and it's 5 days. ^^ That was really challenging, especially when quickly programming hitboxes. =D

Too bad it will not see the day's light, but at least I got more experience in 'focusing'. =3

WtvmtpT.png

OR ACTUALLY!

I was stupid, I just could upload that compressed file without putting that in a rar! That should work! LOL I can't think when I'm stressed! =O

Now I feel even worse...

WtvmtpT.png

OR ACTUALLY!

I was stupid, I just could upload that compressed file without putting that in a rar! That should work! LOL I can't think when I'm stressed! =O

Now I feel even worse...

I don't get it.

WtvmtpT.png

OR ACTUALLY!

Now I feel even worse...

I don't get it.

Because I'm always compressing my game, then instantly unpacking that to see its content and make sure it works and then putting the unpacked encrypted folder in rar.

But I could just upload my game in the 'exe' version... I know, I know, I was kinda stressed. =P

Also I managed to fix the issue (thanks to Andar / jwideman on RMWeb) - It was caused by an antivirus. JUST IT! But why it had to choose the worst moment ever? I have no idea.

Aw balls, the solution was so simple, I gonna shrekt myself with a toaster. . .

Avast! ... I'll punch you in da window! áƒš(ಠ益ಠლ)